Looking for the best Kevin Durant Durant quotes to motivate yourself? Then look no further.
Kevin Durant is a is an American professional basketball player for the Golden State Warriors of the NBA.
As a professional, he has won two NBA championships, an NBA Most Valuable Player Award, two Finals MVP Awards, two NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player Awards, four NBA scoring titles, the NBA Rookie of the Year Award, and two Olympic gold medals. Durant has also been selected to nine All-NBA teams and ten NBA All-Star teams.
Thanks to endorsement deals with the likes of Foot Locker and Nike, Durant is one of the highest-earning basketball players in the world. He also has other talents which include writing, photography and has even ventured into acting.
Kevin Durant’s estimated net worth is $170 million as of 2019.
I’ve put together the best Kevin Durant quotes that will inspire and motivate you to work hard and follow your dreams.
Top Kevin Durant Hard Work Quotes
1. “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” – Kevin Durant
2. “It’s hard to play well, but it’s easy to work hard.” – Kevin Durant
3. “Work harder than your opponent.” – Kevin Durant
4. “I know that hard work got me here. And the day I stop working hard, this can all go away.” – Kevin Durant
5. “My mother taught me to always be strong and always work hard. She’s been working hard her whole life for me and my brother. I’m a lot like her in that I work hard for what I want. She taught me that.” – Kevin Durant
6. “If I come to work every day and do my job, work as hard as I can, be a great teammate, the rest of that stuff will take care of itself.” – Kevin Durant
7. “Set the goal and work all day for it, until you achieve, I want to be a champion, the best!” – Kevin Durant
8. “Every memory I had growing up was involving a basketball. I didn’t go to the prom and stuff like that. It was always basketball for me.” – Kevin Durant
9. “So many people doubted me. They motivated me every single day to be who I am.” – Kevin Durant
10. “With everything I do, I just try to be myself.” – Kevin Durant
11. “It’s hard to find intelligence, character and unselfishness all at the same time. That’s rare in any profession, but it’s what makes a champion.” – Kevin Durant
12. “I’m just trying to grow. That’s one thing I told myself is, ‘Don’t worry about who people say is the best player.'” – Kevin Durant
13. “I’m a basketball player. That’s what I do and what I love but that’s just not all who I am. I’m talented in a lot of different areas.” – Kevin Durant
14. “I’m busy working on every aspect of game – defense, shooting, rebounding – but I really want to become a better overall team player. Help my teammates become better players out on the court in order to win more ball games.” – Kevin Durant
15. “When people are used to doing something, they want you to stay in that lane.” – Kevin Durant
16. “I just want to grow spiritually with God. I’m keeping strong at it, just trying to make my walk with faith a little better.” – Kevin Durant
17. “The clothes are not making me, if I like it, that’s all that matters. It’s not about the clothes. It’s about how I am as a person and how confident I am.” – Kevin Durant
18. “Basketball is a platform for me to inspire people.” – Kevin Durant
19. “I’ve learned what it feels like to lose, believe me. But I think in the end, that is just going to make winning that much better.” – Kevin Durant
20. “My wildest dreams are when I’m wide awake.” – Kevin Durant
21. “When you got people behind you, you can do whatever.” – Kevin Durant
22. “Everything in my life, I had to take it. They are not going to give it to you out of sympathy. I wouldn’t want it any other way.” – Kevin Durant
23. “It’s fun that I get to live out my dream every single day. It’s a blessing. I can’t lose sight of that and I’ve just got to keep pushing.” – Kevin Durant
24. “My Time is Now. – Kevin Durant
25. “We live in a world of what have you done for me lately. We don’t remember the day before sometimes. Think back five, six, years ago what he was doing. It’s unheard of.” – Kevin Durant
26. “You gotta win. That’s all it takes.” – Kevin Durant
27. “I was the second-best player in high school. I was the second pick in the draft. I’ve been second in the MVP voting three times. I came in second in the Finals. I’m tired of being second. I’m not going to settle for that. I’m done with it.” – Kevin Durant
28. “I fell so many times and got back up. I been through the toughest times with my family, but…I’m still standing.” – Kevin Durant
29. “The off-season is where you put in the most work. You prepare at this time of the year so that you can be ready to win a championship.” – Kevin Durant
30. “I feel like it’s easy to be the best player when you don’t have good players around you. I feel like it’s harder to stand out when you have great players around you. I pride myself on standing out wherever I am. I pride myself on working hard wherever I go. And I feel like these guys embraced me.” – Kevin Durant
31. “People always say: ‘You’re one of the top three players in the world, that’s cool. There’s billions of people in the world and you’re in the top three, that’s really cool.’ I’m tired of settling for that. I’m tired of hearing that.” – Kevin Durant
32. “Trial and error is only going to make you a better player.” – Kevin Durant
33. “Winning is all about the journey. The journey is better than the destination.” – Kevin Durant
34. “It’s about competition. When you play against the best, it brings the best out of you as well.” – Kevin Durant
35. “I was always in the gym. People would look at me crazy because I spent so much time there. But that’s what it was about. I’m glad I did it.” – Kevin Durant
36. “I want to be a champion.” – Kevin Durant
37. “I want to be one of the greatest players of all time. I want to be remembered.” – Kevin Durant
38. “I’m always hungry. I want to be the best.” – Kevin Durant
39. “Experience is the best teacher. I’ve been through a lot – going to the Olympics, going to the Finals, having a lot of good games and having a lot of bad games. It’s a roller-coaster ride and I’m just happy I’m a part of it. If it was easy, then everybody could do it.” – Kevin Durant
40. “I’m going to be real as hell and show you who I am, because I want the kids to see who I really am and the basketball players to see who I really am, and that’s all that matters to me.” – Kevin Durant
41. “It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up.” – Kevin Durant
42. “Don’t let success go to your head. Don’t let disappointment get to your heart.” – Kevin Durant
43. “(Dear Mom,) We were’t supposed to be here. You made us believe, you kept us off the street, put clothes on our backs, food on the table. When you didn’t eat, you made sure we ate. You went to sleep hungry. You sacrificed for us. You’re the real MVP.” – Kevin Durant
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favourite Kevin Durant quotes? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.