If you’re looking for the best collection of Zlatan Ibrahimovic quotes then look no further.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a Swedish professional footballer who plays as a striker for Serie A club A.C. Milan. He is regarded as one of the greatest strikers of his generation and is one of the most decorated footballers in history winning 31 trophies in his career.
Ibrahimovic has played for some of the biggest football clubs in the world including the likes of Ajax, A.C. Milan, Inter Milan, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United and LA Galaxy.
He has also enjoyed a 15-year international career with the Swedish national team where he is the country’s all-time leading goalscorer. Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter ranked him the second-greatest Swedish sportsperson ever, after tennis player Björn Borg.
Off the field, Ibrahimovic is known for his brash persona and outspoken comments, in addition to referring to himself in the third person. Football fans all over the world enjoy the funny, confident, cocky and arrogant comments made by Zlatan. He has an incredible amount of confidence and self-belief.
Below you’ll find the best Zlatan Ibrahimovic quotes including his most inspirational, funny and confident. Enjoy!
Inspirational Zlatan Ibrahimovic Quotes
1. “I always want to become better. If never being satisfied is a problem, then I have it. At least it’s a good problem.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
2. “I do not need a trophy to tell myself that I am the best.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
3. “When people criticize me, instead of putting my head down, it gives me energy to do even more.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
4. “If you are too nice, you will just get eaten alive.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
5. “I like being the one who makes a difference. On the pitch, I always try to create a special situation.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
6. “I did many stupid things. I made many mistakes but I learned from everything. I still make mistakes; I still learn from them. Nobody is perfect.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
7. “People trash-talk me. I’ve heard so much s* over the years: ‘F*ing gypsy’, stuff about my mum – all that stuff. I retaliate with my body, not with words.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
8. “I think I’m like wine. The older I get, the better I get.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
9. “Wherever I go people recognize me, call my name, cheer for me. But there are names no one cares to remember, that no one cheers for: the 805 million people suffering from hunger in the world today.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
10. “You don’t need a team leader, you need quality.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
11. “I’m like Muhammed Ali. When he said he would knock someone out in the fourth round, he did it.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
12. “I can play in the 11 positions because a good player can play anywhere on the pitch.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
13. “Anything that happens in your life was meant to happen. It is your destiny. It was my destiny to have the life I have now, and I can’t have any regrets.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
14. “I think I am difficult to satisfy, because when I win something, I’m already thinking about the next step, and that is maybe a problem for me. I’m not enjoying the moment. I’m already on the mission to win the next trophy.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
15. “Nothing is written in stone, as a career is an unpredictable journey.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
16. “I came like a king, I left like a legend.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
17. “That’s my hunger. If I start to relax, and I lose that, then I had better stop my football. I need that hunger. I still feel I need to do things 10 times better than other players. Just to be accepted and to improve myself.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
18. “I decide my future. I decide what I want to do. Nobody else.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
19. “Some things is made by destiny, yes, other things by hard work, but quality you don’t learn. Quality you are born with.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
20. “Whenever life’s at a standstill, I need some action.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
21. “Never forget where you came from.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
22. “If I had an ego as big as the Eiffel Tower, would I have won this many collective trophies? I know people like to talk about it. And OK, I am not going to answer every story. But maybe I will let my collective trophies speak for themselves. I don’t know many other footballers who have won as much. Do you?” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
23. “Never judge a person if you don’t know him.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
24. “If you are different, or you have minimum possibilities, you can still succeed. I am living proof of that.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
25. “When you have my confidence, I will do 200% for you.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
26. “I read all the time that people think I’m arrogant. They say I am cocky, a bad character. I had that from a young age. But when they meet me, they say, ‘That image doesn’t fit you.'” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
27. “I know I’m good enough. I don’t need to show it to you. Either you know who I am, or you don’t.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
28. “Some coaches prefer players who will just do whatever he tells them to. It’s like, if you’re at school with a load of 10-year-old boys and you tell them to jump, everyone will start to jump. But the intelligent boy will ask, ‘Why should I jump? Why?’ That can be difficult for a lot of coaches, and I understand that.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
29. “People are very curious and have written a lot of things about me. Right or not. I never comment on those things, because it’s not much of my thing to comment on everything that’s written about me.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
30. “I always put myself second – I like to make others happy.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Funny, Confident & Cocky Zlatan Ibrahimovic Quotes
31. “When you buy me, you are buying a Ferrari. If you drive a Ferrari you put premium fuel in the tank, you drive onto the motorway and you floor the accelerator. Guardiola filled up with diesel and went for a spin in the countryside. If that’s what he wanted, he should have bought himself a Fiat from the start.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
32. “We usually say that you cannot become a legend before death. But I am a living legend.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
34. “Arsene Wenger asked me to have a trial with Arsenal when I was 17. I turned it down. Zlatan doesn’t do auditions.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
35. “Come to my house and you’ll see if I’m gay. And bring your sister.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
36. “First I went left, he did too. Then I went right, and he did too. Then I went left again, and he went to buy a hot dog.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
37. “A World Cup without Zlatan is not worth watching.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
38. “An injured Zlatan is a pretty serious thing for any team.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
39. “It is nice when people recognize me and approach me in the street. Anyone who says they don’t like that is lying.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
40. “I can’t help but laugh at how perfect I am.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
41. Zlatan: “Only God knows who will go through.”
Reporter: “It’s hard to ask him.”
Zlatan: “You’re talking to him.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Speaking to a reporter about who would qualify for the 2014 World Cup)
42. “Absolutely not. I have ordered a plane. It is much faster.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic (When asked if he had purchased a Porsche)
43. “Who needs a nickname? To be afraid of me, just watch me play.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic (After being told Radamel Falcao’s, was nicknamed “The Tiger.”)
44. “I wish anyone in this world could go to his fridge and pick whatever he wants. Because the day you open your fridge and there is nothing in it, it is difficult.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
45. “We were looking through his playlist in the dressing room — there was lots of Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers and Selena Gomez. It is nice to know that even David Beckham doesn’t have good taste in everything.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
46. “It’s true I don’t know much about the players here, but they definitely know who I am.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
47. “You can’t coach brilliance like that.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic (On his goal against England in 2012)
48. “There was the thought that this would send me into retirement. I sent their entire country into retirement.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic (After qualifying for Euro 2016 defeating Denmark)
49. “I don’t believe they can change the Eiffel Tower for my statue, even the people behind the club. But if they can, I will stay here — I promise you.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic (On leaving PSG)
50. “What do you mean, ‘present?’ She got Zlatan.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic (On his ex-girlfriend’s engagement gift)
51. “I don’t think that you can score as spectacular a goal as those of Zlatan in a video game – even though these games are very realistic these days.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
52. “If I’d gone into taekwondo, I’d probably have won several Olympic medals.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
53. “Who is most deserving of all of the money that I, Zlatan, am paid? The answer is Zlatan.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
54. “If anything, the children of Paris should be giving me even more money for having the privilege of being in the same city as my incredible quality. And so should David Beckham. Call it a Zlaritable donation.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
55. “Do you know what I love about hunting? That I am no one in the woods, no one at all. I thought the animals might recognize me, but they didn’t. They did not even ask me for any autographs.” – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Zlatan Ibrahimovic quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
57 Best The Matrix Quotes That Will Wake You Up
Looking for the best quotes from The Matrix movie? Then look no further. The movie, starring Keanu Reeves as Thomas...
101 Tim Ferriss Quotes That Will Make You Successful
If you’re looking for the best collection of Tim Ferriss quotes then look no further. Tim Ferriss is an American...
101 Hal Elrod Quotes To Make Each Day A Miracle
If you’re looking for the best collection of Hal Elrod quotes then look no further. Hal Elrod is one of...
77 Best Donald Trump Quotes On Business & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Donald Trump quotes on business and success then you’re at the right...
77 Famous Voltaire Quotes That Will Enlighten You
If you’re looking for the best collection of Voltaire quotes then look no further. François-Marie Arouet, known by his pen...