LeBron James has achieved legend status in the NBA. The Cleveland Cavaliers player has gained international fame for his incredible talent and work ethic.
James came through a difficult upbringing but never used it as an excuse. He was born in 1984 to a 16-year-old mother who decided she couldn’t take care of him on her own. His mum eventually decided that is was better for him to be in a more stable family environment, allowing him to move with the family of a local football coach, who later introduced James to basketball.
After becoming a basketball sensation he co-founded the LeBron James Family Foundation with his mother to help children and single-parent families in need.
Lebron James effectively used his past pain to push him to reach levels of greatness that few athletes ever do. The Lebron James quotes below show you his mindset on success, teamwork and life that will help motivate you to reach your own greatness.
43 LeBron James Quotes
1. “Don’t be afraid of failure. This is the way to succeed.” – LeBron James
2. “Something just doesn’t pop under your nose; you have to work for it.” – LeBron James
3. “I think, team first. It allows me to succeed; it allows my team to succeed.” – LeBron James
4. “You have to be able to accept failure to get better.” – LeBron James
5. “This is a job and we want to have fun. But it’s a job and we should look like we’re going to work.” – LeBron James
6. “Sometimes your best effort just isn’t good enough.” – LeBron James
7. “I’m going to use all my tools, my God-given ability, and make the best life I can with it.” – LeBron James
8. “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” – LeBron James
9. “I always say, decisions I make, I live with them. There’s always ways you can correct them or ways you can do them better. At the end of the day, I live with them.” – LeBron James
10. “There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don’t put a lot of pressure on myself.” – LeBron James
11. “I think the reason why I’m the person I am today is because I went through those tough times when I was younger.” – LeBron James
12. “Every night on the court I give my all, and if I’m not giving 100 percent, I criticize myself.” – LeBron James
13. “Once you get on the playing field it’s not about whether you’re liked or not liked. All that matters is to play at a high level and do whatever it takes to help your team win. That’s what it’s about.” – LeBron James
14. “You can’t be afraid to fail. It’s the only way you succeed – you’re not gonna succeed all the time, and I know that.” – LeBron James
15. “As a professional athlete a lot is going to be said about you – but I just try to move forward and try to achieve my goals.” – LeBron James
16. “As a kid, we would drive up and down 77 North – that’s our highway – there would be office buildings on the side of the highway and I’d be like, that’s what my house is going to look like when I get older. I’m going to start making my house look like this.” – LeBron James
17. “You know, my family and friends have never been yes-men: ‘Yes, you’re doing the right thing, you’re always right.’ No, they tell me when I’m wrong, and that’s why I’ve been able to stay who I am and stay humble.” – LeBron James
18. “The first time I stepped on an NBA court I became a businessman.” – LeBron James
19. “Warren Buffet told me once and he said always follow your gut. When you have that gut feeling, you have to go with don’t go back on it.” – LeBron James
20. “I won at every level – all the way since I started playing the game of basketball at nine. I’ve won at every level, won championships at every level. And, you know, it won’t be fulfilled until I win at the highest level.” – LeBron James
21. “I treated it like every day was my last day with a basketball.” – LeBron James
22. “My father wasn’t around when I was a kid, and I used to always say, ‘Why me? Why don’t I have a father? Why isn’t he around? Why did he leave my mother?’ But as I got older I looked deeper and thought, ‘I don’t know what my father was going through, but if he was around all the time, would I be who I am today?'” – LeBron James
23. “I have short goals – to get better every day, to help my teammates every day – but my only ultimate goal is to win an NBA championship. It’s all that matters. I dream about it. I dream about it all the time, how it would look, how it would feel. It would be so amazing.” – LeBron James
24. “You know, God gave me a gift to do other things besides play the game of basketball.” – LeBron James
25. “To all the positions, I just bring the determination to win. Me being an unselfish player, I think that can carry on to my teammates. When you have one of the best players on the court being unselfish, I think that transfers to the other players.” – LeBron James
26. “You know, when I have a bad game, it continues to humble me and know that, you know, you still have work to do and you still have a lot of people to impress.” – LeBron James
27. “I’ve always been an unselfish guy, and that’s the only way I know how to play on the court and I try to play to the maximum of my ability – not only for myself but for my teammates.” – LeBron James
28. “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” – LeBron James
29. “I think the reason why I am who I am today is because I went through those tough times when I was younger.” – LeBron James
30. “All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you’re not good enough or strong enough or talented enough. They will say you’re the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. They will tell you no. A thousand times no. until all the no’s become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no. Quite firmly and very quickly. And you will tell them yes.” – LeBron James
31. “Ask me to play, I’ll play, ask me to shoot, I’ll shoot. Ask me to pass, I’ll pass, Ask me to steal, block out, sacrifice, lead, dominate, anything. But it’s not just what you ask of me. It’s what I ask of myself.” – LeBron James
32. “Once you become a professional athlete or once you do anything well, then you’re automatically a role model… I have no problem being a role model, I love it. I have kids looking up to me and hopefully I inspire these kids to do good things.” – LeBron James
33. “People will hate you, rate you, shake you, and break you. But how strong you stand is what makes you.” – LeBron James
34. “Your hate makes me stronger.” – LeBron James
35. “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” – LeBron James
36. “No matter how good one individual is, it takes a whole team to win a championship.” – LeBron James
37. “Success isn’t owned, it’s leased. And the rent is due every day.” – LeBron James
38. “Greatness is defined by how much you want to put into what you do.” – LeBron James
39. “If it’s in you, and if it’s authentic, then do it. If it’s some fake shit, then the people, the kids, they’re going to notice it. They know.” – LeBron James
40. “Who I am is what fulfills me and what fulfills the vision I have of a world. Commitment is a big part of what I am and what I believe. How committed are you to winning? How committed are you to being a good friend? To being trustworthy? To being successful? How committed are you to being a good father, a good teammate, a good role model? There’s that moment every morning when you look in the mirror: Are you committed, or are you not?” – LeBron James
41. “You gotta go through a lot of nightmares, before you finally accomplish your dreams.” – LeBron James
42. “The best teacher in life is experience.” – LeBron James
43. “Nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.” – LeBron James
Did you find these LeBron James Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these LeBron James quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
67 Ernest Holmes Quotes On The Power Of Your Mind
If you’re looking for the best collection of Ernest Holmes quotes then look no further. Ernest Holmes was an American...
33 Roger Federer Quotes That Will Inspire Greatness
If you’re looking for the best collection of Roger Federer quotes on motivation and success then look no further. Roger...
77 William James Quotes That Will Change Your Attitude
If you’re looking for the best collection of William James quotes then look no further. William James was an American...
67 Suzy Kassem Quotes That Are Full Of Wisdom
If you’re looking for the best collection of Suzy Kassem quotes and sayings then look no further. Suzy Kassem is...
Revealed: How 50 Cent Made Millions With Vitamin Water
In October 2004 50 Cent did a deal with Glacéau Vitamin Water that would go on to become one of...