Since the release of the first film in 1977 Star Wars quotes have inspired people of all ages from around the world.
The universe that George Lucas and Lucasfilm built remains more relevant than ever and it’s rare to find somebody who’s never seen a Star Wars film or read some of the famous Star Wars quotes.
“May the Force be with you.” Star Wars fans everywhere know this famous quote by heart, but the epic franchise is full of wisdom that can inspire you in your daily life.
I’ve compiled the best Star Wars quotes by Yoda, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, and many more of your favorite characters.
77 Inspirational Star Wars Quotes
Han Solo Quotes
1. “Let’s keep a little optimism here.” – Han Solo
2. “Look, your worshipfulness, let’s get one thing straight. I take orders from just one person: me.” – Han Solo
3. “Never tell me the odds!” – Han Solo
4. “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” – Han Solo
5. “There’s no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.” – Han Solo
6. “Women always figure out the truth. Always.” – Han Solo
7. “Either shut him up or shut him down!” – Han Solo
8. “You like me because I’m a scoundrel. There aren’t enough scoundrels in your life.” – Han Solo
9. Rey: Is that even possible?
Han Solo: I never ask that question until after I’ve done it!
Luke Skywalker Quotes
10. “Let go of your hate.” – Luke Skywalker
11. “The Force is not a power you have. It’s not about lifting rocks. It’s the energy between all things, a tension, a balance, that binds the universe together.” – Luke Skywalker
12. “Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi. Your destiny.” – Luke Skywalker
13. “No one’s ever really gone.” – Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader Quotes
14. “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” – Darth Vader
15. “Be careful not to choke on your aspirations.” – Darth Vader
16. “You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me.” – Darth Vader
17. “The Force is strong with this one.” – Darth Vader
18. “You are unwise to lower your defenses!” – Darth Vader
Anakin Skywalker Quotes
19. “Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi’s life. So you might say that we are encouraged to love.” – Anakin Skywalker
20. “Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi’s life. So you might say, that we are encouraged to love.” – Anakin Skywalker
21. “Mom, you said that the biggest problem in this universe is nobody helps each other.” – Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi Quotes
22. “Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
23. “The Force will be with you. Always.” – Obi Wan Kenobi
24. “In my experience there is no such thing as luck.” – Obi Wan Kenobi
25.”Your eyes can deceive you. Don’t trust them.” – Obi Wan Kenobi
26. “Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
27. “If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.” – Obi Wan Kenobi
28. “Who’s the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?” – Obi Wan Kenobi
29. “Don’t give in to hate. That leads to the Dark Side.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
30. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda
31. “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.” – Yoda
32. “Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda
33. “In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.” – Yoda
34. “The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.” – Yoda
35. “Try not. Do—or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
36. “The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the light, the future is.” – Yoda
37. “In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.” – Yoda
38. “Control, control, you must learn control!” – Yoda
39. “Great warrior. Wars not make one great.” – Yoda
40. “Named must your fear be before banish it you can.” – Yoda
41. “Smaller in number are we, but larger in mind.” – Yoda
42. “Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.” – Yoda
43. “Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.” – Yoda
44. “To answer power with power, the Jedi way this is not. In this war, a danger there is, of losing who we are.” – Yoda
45. “Always pass on what you have learned.” – Yoda
46. “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will…” – Yoda
47. “Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.” – Yoda
48. “To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night.” – Yoda
49. “If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are… a different game you should play.” – Yoda
50. “Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.” – Yoda
51. “Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.” – Yoda
52. “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” – Yoda
53. “Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force.” – Yoda
54. “You must unlearn what you have learned.” – Yoda
55. Luke Skywalker: I can’t believe it.
Yoda: That is why you fail.
Looking for more Yoda wisdom? Then check this collection of Yoda Quotes.
More Inspirational Star Wars Quotes
56. “Sometimes we must let go of our pride and do what is requested of us.” – Padmé Amidala
57. “A tyrant can make anything seem to be ‘the will of the people.’” – Princess Leia
58. “We must keep our faith in the Republic. The day we stop believing democracy can work is the day we lose it.” – Queen Jamillia
59. “Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future… But not at the expense of the moment.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
60. “Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
61. “There’s always a bigger fish.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
62. “The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
63. “Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don’t think, use your instincts.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
64. “Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
65. “Greed can be a powerful ally.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
66. “To die for one’s people is a great sacrifice. To live for one’s people, an even greater sacrifice. I choose to live for my people.” – Riyo Chuchi
67. “You can’t stop the change, any more than you can stop the suns from setting.” – Shmi Skywalker
68. “Now, be brave, and don’t look back.” – Shmi Skywalker
69. “Let the past die. Kill it.” – Kylo Ren
70. “An object cannot make you good or evil. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, even the desire to do good can lead some down that path. But only you can change yourself.” – Bendu
71. “This is a new day, a new beginning.” – Ahsoka Tano
72. “We seem to be made to suffer. It’s our lot in life.” – C-3PO
73. “Every time I walked away from something I wanted to forget, I told myself it was for a cause that I believed in. A cause that was worth it. Without that, we’re lost.” – Cassian Andor
74. “I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It makes you stronger.” – Chancellor Palpatine
75. “I fear nothing. For all is as the Force wills it.” – Chirrut Imwe
76. “I’m one with the Force, and the Force is with me.” – Chirrut Imwe
77. “Good. Twice the pride, double the fall.” – Count Dooku
Did you enjoy these Inspiring Star Wars quotes?
What are your favorite Star Wars quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...
101 Marianne Williamson Quotes That Will Enlighten You
Looking for the best Marianne Williamson quotes? Marianne Williamson is an American author, spiritual leader, political candidate and activist. She...
Fear-setting: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals
Fear-setting is an exercise that Tim Ferriss swears by. The bestselling author of The 4 Hour Work Week says he...
Top 5 Lessons Learned After She Read 500 Self-Help Books
If you’re looking for inspiration then these days no one is suffering from a shortage of self-help reading material out...