If you’re looking for the best Rocky Balboa quotes then look no further.
The Rocky film series is one of the most inspirational movie franchises in history. Each movie is loaded with inspiration and powerful lessons that will help you succeed. Self-belief, hard work, overcoming fear, and the ability to adapt and change are just a few of them.
What’s even more inspirational about Rocky is the story behind it. Sylvester Stallone ended up homeless in order to see his dream of acting come true. Make sure you check out Sylvester Stallone’s inspirational success story.
The American boxing drama currently has eight films in the series which are all worth a watch:
- Rocky (1976)
- Rocky II (1979)
- Rocky III (1982)
- Rocky IV (1985)
- Rocky V (1990)
- Rocky Balboa (2006)
- Creed (2015)
- Creed II (2018)
Written by Sylvester Stallone, the first six movies follow the boxing career of Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) and his journey from being a small-time boxer from working-class Philadelphia to become the heavyweight champion of the world and eventually his retirement.
The spin-off-sequels, Creed and Creed II focus on Adonis Creed (Michael B. Jordan) with the now-retired Rocky appearing as his trainer.
When it comes to inspirational quotes and wisdom the Rocky film series is packed full of them. Below you’ll find the 55 best Rocky Balboa Quotes from the Rocky, Rocky Balboa and Creed.
Inspirational Rocky Balboa Quotes
1. “Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.” – Rocky Balboa
2. “Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life.” – Rocky Balboa
3. “I stopped thinking the way other people think a long time ago. You gotta think like you think.” – Rocky Balboa
4. “It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” – Rocky Balboa
5. “If I can change and you can change, everybody can change.” – Rocky Balboa
6. “Nobody owes nobody nothing. You owe yourself.” – Rocky Balboa
7. “Nothing is real if you don’t believe in who you are.” – Rocky Balboa
8. “It’s your right to listen to your gut, it ain’t nobody’s right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!” – Rocky Balboa
9. “One step at a time. One punch at a time. One round at a time.” – Rocky Balboa
10. “Until you start believing in yourself, you ain’t gonna have a life.” – Rocky Balboa
11. “Remember, the mind is your best muscle. Big arms can move rocks, but big words can move mountains.” – Rocky Balboa
12. “You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.” – Rocky Balboa
13. “The toughest opponent you’re ever going to have to face (is in the mirror).” – Rocky Balboa
14. “Time takes everybody out. Time is undefeated.” – Rocky Balboa
15. “Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!” – Rocky Balboa
16. “All I wanna do is go the distance.” – Rocky Balboa
17. Adrian: Rocky, why do you fight?
Rocky Balboa: Because I can’t sing and dance.
18. Rocky Balboa: Yo Adrian, I wanna fight but I don’t wanna fight if you don’t want me to fight, ya know.
Adrian: I want you to win!
19. “If you’re willing to go through all the battling you got to go through to get where you want to get, who’s got the right to stop you?” – Rocky Balboa
20. “If this is something you wanna do, and if this is something you gotta do, then you do it. Fighters fight.” – Rocky Balboa
21. “C’mon, champ, hit me in the face! My mom hits harder than you!” – Rocky Balboa
22. “There’s a beast inside me.” – Rocky Balboa
23. “No, maybe I can’t win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he’s got. But to beat me, he’s gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he’s gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he’s gotta be willing to die himself and I don’t know if he’s ready to do that. I don’t know, I don’t know.” – Rocky Balboa
24. “You know they always say, if you live in one place long enough, you are that place.” – Rocky Balboa
25. “When things got hard you started looking for something to blame, like a shadow.” – Rocky Balboa
26. “You can’t learn anything when you’re talking. That’s a fact of life. As long as you’re talking, you’re not listening.” – Rocky Balboa
27. “You see this guy staring back at you? That’s your toughest opponent. I believe that’s true in the ring and I think that’s true in life.” – Rocky Balboa
28. “You’re gonna take a beating, you’re gonna take this, you’re gonna get knocked down, you’re gonna get up and you’re gonna see if you got the right thing.” – Rocky Balboa
29. “You gotta work hard. I swear to God, if you’re not gonna do it, I’m out.” – Rocky Balboa
30. “I don’t know if you’re special. Only you are going to know that.” – Rocky Balboa
31. “I gotta go out the way I gotta go out.” – Rocky Balboa
32. “You see, fear is a fighter’s best friend. You know, but it ain’t nothing to be ashamed of. See, fear keeps you sharp, it keeps you awake, you know, it makes you want to survive. You know what I mean? But the thing is, you gotta learn how to control it. All right? ‘Cause fear is like this fire, all right? And it’s burning deep inside.” – Rocky Balboa
33. “You know, I think you try harder when you’re scared.” – Rocky Balboa
34. “You know, the older I get the more things I gotta leave behind, that’s life.” – Rocky Balboa
35. “I wrecked everything by not thinking for myself.” – Rocky Balboa
36. “Ain’t nothing over till it’s over.” – Rocky Balboa
37. “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that.” – Rocky Balboa
Rocky Balboa’s Motivational Speech To His Son
Rocky Balboa’s Motivational Speech to his son captures so many success principles within a few minutes and is well worth a watch now.
More Inspirational Rocky Quotes
38. “Women weaken legs!” – Mickey
39. “Get out of here! Don’t ya ever interrupt me while I’m conductin’ business. Move your little chicken asses out.” – Mickey
40. “The worst thing that happened to you, that can happen to any fighter: you got civilized.” – Mickey
41. “You’re gonna eat lightnin’; you’re gonna crap thunder. You’re gonna become a very dangerous person.” – Mickey
42. Rocky Balboa: What if I lose?
Adrian: Then you lose. But at least you lose with no excuses, no fear. And I know you can live with that.
43. “You gotta want to do it for the right reasons. Not for the guilt over Mickey, not for the people, not for the title, not for money or me, but for you. Just you. Just you alone.” – Adrian
44. “Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker, not a stinker.” – Apollo Creed
45. “Now, when we fought, you had that eye of the tiger, man; the edge! And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?” – Apollo Creed
46. “See that look in their eyes, Rock? You gotta get that look back, Rock. Eye of the tiger, man.” – Apollo Creed
47. “No, do listen to it Rock. Because when it’s over, everybody’s gonna owe you an engraved apology. And you’re gonna owe me a favor.” – Apollo Creed
48. “THERE IS NO TOMORROW! THERE IS NO TOMORROW! THERE IS NO TOMORROW!” – Apollo Creed
49. “You’re gonna have to go through hell, worse than any nightmare you’ve ever dreamed. But when it’s over, I know you’ll be the one standing. You know what you have to do. Do it.” – Appollo’s Trainer
50. “He doesn’t know it’s a damn show, he thinks it’s a damn fight!” – Appollo’s Trainer
51. “No, I don’t hate Balboa. I pity the fool, and I will destroy any man who tries to take what I got!” – Clubber Lang
52. “My prediction?…Pain.” – Clubber Lang
53. “I Gotta Prove It.” “Prove What?” “…That I’m Not A Mistake.” – Donnie Creed
54. “I Must Break You.” – Ivan Drago
55. “Every once in awhile a person comes along who defies the odds, who defies logic, and fulfills an incredible dream.” – Mayor
Did you enjoy these Rocky Balboa quotes?
What are your favorite Rocky Balboa quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
Fear-setting: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals
Fear-setting is an exercise that Tim Ferriss swears by. The bestselling author of The 4 Hour Work Week says he...
Top 5 Lessons Learned After She Read 500 Self-Help Books
If you’re looking for inspiration then these days no one is suffering from a shortage of self-help reading material out...
50 The Alchemist Quotes To Make You Follow Your Dreams
Looking for the best quotes from The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho? Paulo Coelho’s novel, The Alchemist, is a global phenomenon....
77 Best Cobra Kai Quotes (Seasons 1 – 3)
Looking for the best collection of Cobra Kai quotes? The hit NetFlix show Cobra Kai is one of the most...
70 Attack On Titan Quotes That Will Inspire Greatness
Looking for the best Attack On Titan quotes? Attack on Titan is one of the popular anime shows ever released....