Sylvester Stallone is one of the most successful actors and filmmakers in Hollywood with movies like Rocky and Rambo catapulting him into the hearts of many in his early career.
While he may be regarded as a legend today, it has taken a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to where he is. Sylvester Stallone’s story is one that anyone can draw great inspiration from.
What’s even more inspiring about Sylvester Stallone is that he just doesn’t stop. He has still maintained his phenomenal physique and continues to make films.
There is much that we can all learn from Sylvester Stallone when it comes to living a successful life and so I’ve put together 53 Sylvester Stallone quotes about success to inspire you.
Sylvester Stallone Quotes
1. “There’s a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone.” – Sylvester Stallone
2. “When you’re scared, when you’re hanging on, when life is hurting you, then you’re going to see what you’re really made of.” – Sylvester Stallone
3. “A lot of guys have muscles. A lot of strong men in this world. I think it’s important to show that even under all this strength there’s a fragile side, a side that can be affected.” – Sylvester Stallone
4. “I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going, rather than retreat.” – Sylvester Stallone
5. “Clothing is the first step to building a character.” – Sylvester Stallone
6. “It would be great to be able to pass on to someone all of the successes, the failures, and the knowledge that one has had. To help someone, avoid all the fire, pain and anxiety would be wonderful.” – Sylvester Stallone
7. “I have tons of regrets, but I think that’s one of the reasons that push people to create things. Out of their angst, their regret, comes the best from artists, painters and writers.” – Sylvester Stallone
8. “I think everyone has a certain kind of formula in their life. When you deviate from that formula, you’re going to fail big or you’re gonna win big.” – Sylvester Stallone
9. “Just because society says I’m old doesn’t mean I am.” – Sylvester Stallone
10. “Usually whenever you’re scared of something, do it. If you’re not afraid of it, don’t do it.” – Sylvester Stallone
11.”I am not the richest, smartest or most talented person in the world, but I succeed because I keep going and going and going.” – Sylvester Stallone
12. “I’m always looking for a new challenge. There are a lot of mountains to climb out there. When I run out of mountains, I’ll build a new one.” – Sylvester Stallone
13. “I believe any success in life is made by going into an area with a blind, furious optimism.” – Sylvester Stallone
14. “We’re all expendable. We think the world’s going to stop when a pope dies, or a king. And then… life goes on.” – Sylvester Stallone
15. “You are what you leave behind.” – Sylvester Stallone
16. “Don’t be gullible, use life before it uses you. Understand there are no free lunches, and for every action you take, there’s a reaction.” – Sylvester Stallone
17. “If you look at people that have survived crashing in the mountains and lived up in the snow for 40 days – it’s possible to do extraordinary feats.” – Sylvester Stallone
18. “The day I can’t walk is the day I quit movies.” – Sylvester Stallone
19. “If you’re willing to take the humiliation of sticking your head above the crowd, maybe it’s, you know, the pleasure will be worth the pain.” – Sylvester Stallone
20. “I believe there’s an inner power that makes winners or losers. And the winners are the ones who really listen to the truth of their hearts.” – Sylvester Stallone
21. “Success is usually the culmination of controlling failure.” – Sylvester Stallone
22. “If you don’t have a mountain, build one and then climb it. And after you climb it, build another one; otherwise you start to flatline in your life.” – Sylvester Stallone
23. “Every time I’ve failed, people had me out for the count, but I always come back.” – Sylvester Stallone
24. “Once in one’s life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived.” – Sylvester Stallone
25. “I could start a war in 30 seconds. But some countries spend 100 years trying to find peace. Just like good manners, peace has to be learned.” – Sylvester Stallone
26. “I think that gravity sets into everything, including careers, but pendulums do swing and mountains do become valleys after a while… if you keep on walking.” – Sylvester Stallone
27. “I’m more focused and have a greater sense of challenge, because I constantly feel the weight of time.” – Sylvester Stallone
28. “People think retiring is fun. Well, maybe, but if you have a certain kind of fire inside, there is no end in sight.” – Sylvester Stallone
29. “For every guy, there is an opportunity to be a lot better than he thought he could be. We can’t all be the star of the team, but we can be a star in our life. That’s where you set your goal.” – Sylvester Stallone
30. “If you look back at life, I bet you will regret about 80% of your actions. But life consists of all mistakes.” – Sylvester Stallone
31. “Remember the mind is your best muscle…BIG ARMS can move rocks, but BIG WORDS can move mountains….Ride the brain train for success.” – Sylvester Stallone
32. “Your spiritual sense will make you either a winner or a loser.” – Sylvester Stallone
33. “Going on one more round, when you don’t think you can that’s what makes all the difference in your life.” – Sylvester Stallone
34. “I stopped thinking the way other people think a long time ago. You gotta think like you think.” – Sylvester Stallone
35. “Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” – Sylvester Stallone
36 “It ain’t over till its over.” – Sylvester Stallone
37. “Consider the source…Don’t be a fool by listening to a fool.” – Sylvester Stallone
38. “Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people, you can set your watch by them. And that’s love, even if it doesn’t seem very exciting.” – Sylvester Stallone
39. “Real love is when you become selfless and you are more concerned about your mate’s or children’s egos than your own. You’re now a giver instead of a taker.” – Sylvester Stallone
40. “Rocky Balboa is about everybody who feels they want to participate in the race of life, rather than be a bystander. You’re never too old to climb a mountain, if that’s your desire.” – Sylvester Stallone
41. “You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward! That’s how winning is done!” – Sylvester Stallone
42. “Let me tell you something you already know, the world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows, it’s a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.” – Sylvester Stallone
43. “No one likes to fail at anything, but I believe I’m a better person for it. I learned life’s lessons. You’re given certain gifts and that’s what you should try to be.” – Sylvester Stallone
44. “You must fail a hundred times to succeed once.” – Sylvester Stallone
45. “Until you’re gonna start believing in yourself, you ain’t gonna have a life.” – Sylvester Stallone
46. “Happiness is a direction, not a place.” – Sylvester Stallone
47. “Nothing is real if you don’t believe in who you are.” – Sylvester Stallone
48. “I’d rather do something I love badly than to feel bad about not doing something I love.” – Sylvester Stallone
49. “Don’t discuss your dreams. Pursue them!” – Sylvester Stallone
50. “Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!” – Sylvester Stallone
51. “Dreams cost nothing. They are free. The hard part is just keeping them going.” – Sylvester Stallone
52. “If you’re gonna be a failure, at least be one at something you enjoy.” – Sylvester Stallone
53. “Study people’s success stories hard. Study their failures even harder.” – Sylvester Stallone
If you liked these Sylvester Stallone quotes then make sure you share this page and comment below with your favourite.
77 Frank Zappa Quotes On Life, Government & Music
Looking for the best collection of Frank Zappa quotes? Then look no further. Frank Zappa was an American musician, composer,...
101 Vince Lombardi Quotes To Win The Game Of Life
This collection of famous Vince Lombardi quotes is packed with wisdom from one of the greatest coaches and leaders in...
78 Abraham Maslow Quotes To Max Out Your Potential
If you’re looking to make the most of you potential then this collection of Abraham Maslow quotes will inspire and...
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...