J. R. R. Tolkien’s masterpiece, The Lord Of The Rings is full of wise quotes that can enlighten and inspire you in your day to day life.
The Lord Of The Rings epic fantasy novel has transcended time, selling over 150 million copies and translated into over 56 languages in the last 65 years. It gave birth to an equally epic film series and one of the most dedicated fandoms of all time.
J. R. R. Tolkien’s classic LOTR works didn’t just spark the imagination with adventure, elves, hobbits and creatures but boasted wise and profound words that apply to living on Earth as they do to Middle Earth.
I’ve put together the best collection of Lord Of The Rings quotes that are packed full of wisdom. Enjoy!
33 Best The Lord Of The Rings Quotes
1. “It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish.” – Sam Gamgee
2. “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.” – Bilbo Baggins
3. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Gandalf
4. “It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing… such a little thing.” – Boromir
5. “It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing.” – Frodo Baggins
6. “The burned hand teaches best. After that advice about fire goes to the heart.” – Gandalf
7. “The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.” – Gildor
8. “It is perilous to study too deeply the arts of the enemy, for good or for ill.” – Elrond
9. “The wise speak only of what they know.” – Gandalf
10. “Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.” – Aragon
11. “His grief he will not forget; but it will not darken his heart, it will teach him wisdom.” – Aragon
12. “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” – Aragon
13. “Your time will come. You will face the same Evil, and you will defeat it.” – Arwen
14. “Valour needs first strength, and then a weapon.” – Boromir
15. “Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere.” – Elrond
16. “The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.” – Faramir
17. “Shortcuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.” – Frodo Baggins
18. “Even the smallest person can change the course of history.” – Lady Galadriel
19. “He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.” – Gandalf
20. “Courage is found in unlikely places.” – Gildor
21. “Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it… White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.” – Gandalf
22. “Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.” – Gandalf
23. “It is a comfort not to be mistaken at all points. Do I not know it only too well!” – Gandalf
24. “Only a small part is played in great deeds by any hero.” – Gandalf
25. “I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to.” – Gandalf
26. “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” – Gimli
27. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
28. “Oft in lies truth is hidden.” – Glorfindel
29. “You may learn something, and whether what you see be fair or evil, that may be profitable, and yet it may not. Seeing is both good and perilous.” – Lady Galadriel
30. “Do not trouble your hearts overmuch with thought of the road tonight. Maybe the paths that you each shall tread are already laid before your feet, though you do not see them.” – Lady Galadriel
31. “Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.” – Legolas
32. “There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam Gamgee
33. “The world is full enough of hurts and mischances without wars to multiply them.” – Warden
Did you enjoy these Inspirational Lord Of The Rings quotes?
What are your favorite Lord Of The Rings quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
Fear-setting: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals
Fear-setting is an exercise that Tim Ferriss swears by. The bestselling author of The 4 Hour Work Week says he...
Top 5 Lessons Learned After She Read 500 Self-Help Books
If you’re looking for inspiration then these days no one is suffering from a shortage of self-help reading material out...
50 The Alchemist Quotes To Make You Follow Your Dreams
Looking for the best quotes from The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho? Paulo Coelho’s novel, The Alchemist, is a global phenomenon....
77 Best Cobra Kai Quotes (Seasons 1 – 3)
Looking for the best collection of Cobra Kai quotes? The hit NetFlix show Cobra Kai is one of the most...
70 Attack On Titan Quotes That Will Inspire Greatness
Looking for the best Attack On Titan quotes? Attack on Titan is one of the popular anime shows ever released....