Looking for the best Harry Potter quotes to inspire you?
On 26 June 1997, J.K. Rowling released her first novel. Only 500 copies of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone were printed, but it was the beginning of a worldwide phenomenon that would capture the imaginations of children and adults worldwide.
A series of bestselling novels, eight box-office hit movies, and a number of major attractions in America, Japan, Europe and beyond — Harry Potter has amassed a cult following and made J.K. Rowling one of the richest and most successful authors of all time.
From Hogwarts to Hogsmeade, Platform 9 and 3/4 and The Burrow, the trials and lessons faced by Harry Potter and his best friends taught us about life, love, acceptance, friendship, death, and bravery from our book shelves and on the big screen, leaving us dozens of inspirational quotes.
Whether you’re looking for wise Albus Dumbledore quotes or inspirational words from Harry, Hermione, Ron and more, below you’ll find the best Harry Potter quotes collection that all Potterheads will love.
64 Best Harry Potter Quotes Of All Time
Inspirational Albus Dumbledore Quotes
1. “It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – Albus Dumbledore
2. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – Albus Dumbledore
3. “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.” – Albus Dumbledore
4. “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” – Albus Dumbledore
5. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
6. “In dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own.” – Albus Dumbledore
7. “The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.” – Albus Dumbledore
8. “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore
9. “Ah, music…A magic beyond all we do here!” – Albus Dumbledore
10. “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” – Albus Dumbledore
11. “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.” – Albus Dumbledore
12. “As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all – the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.” – Albus Dumbledore
13. “Youth can not know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.” – Albus Dumbledore
14. “Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.” – Albus Dumbledore
15. “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.” – Albus Dumbledore
16. “It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.” – Albus Dumbledore
17. “It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.” – Albus Dumbledore
18. “Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” – Albus Dumbledore
19. “You think the dead we loved ever truly leave us? You think that we don’t recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble?” – Albus Dumbledore
20. “We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.” – Albus Dumbledore
21. “Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!” – Albus Dumbledore
22. “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?” – Albus Dumbledore
23. “There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – Albus Dumbledore
24. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” – Albus Dumbledore
25. “The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.” – Albus Dumbledore
26. “Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves it’s own mark. To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.” – Albus Dumbledore
27. “Curiosity is not a sin. But we should exercise caution with our curiosity.” – Albus Dumbledore
28. “It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then could evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.” – Albus Dumbledore
29. “We can’t choose our fate, but we can choose others. Be careful in knowing that.” – Albus Dumbledore
More Quotes From Harry Potter
30. “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.” – Arthur Weasley
31. “Yeah, size is no guarantee of power.” – George Weasley
32. “Fame is a fickle friend, Harry. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that.” – Gilderoy Lockhart
33. “You want fame, you have to be prepared for a long hard slog.” – Gilderoy Lockhart
34. “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” – Ginny Weasley
35. “Parents shouldn’t leave their kids unless —unless they’ve got to.” – Harry Potter
36. “It is a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up.” – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
37. “I’m going to keep going until I succeed — or die. Don’t think I don’t know how this might end. I’ve known it for years.” – Harry Potter
38. “Time will not slow down when something unpleasant lies ahead.” – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
39. “You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.” – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
40. “Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.” – Hermione Granger
41. “I mean, it’s sort of exciting, isn’t it, breaking the rules?” – Hermione Granger
42. “I mean, you could claim that anything’s real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody’s proved it doesn’t exist!” – Hermione Granger
43. “Books! And cleverness! There are more important things—friendship and bravery.” – Hermione Granger
44. “People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.” – Hermione Granger
45. “When you have seen as much of life as I have, you will not underestimate the power of obsessive love.” – Horace Slughorn
46. “It is impossible to manufacture or imitate love.” – Horace Slughorn
47. “We’re all human, aren’t we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.” – Kingsley Shacklebolt
48. “Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies.” – Lord Voldemort
49. “There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to seek it.” – Lord Voldemort
50. “I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost… But still, I was alive.” – Lord Voldemort
51. “Your devotion is nothing more than cowardice. You would not be here if you had anywhere else to go.” – Lord Voldemort
52. “Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.” – Luna Lovegood
53. “Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.” – Luna Lovegood
54. “Our biggest adversities will reveal your true self.” – Neville Longbottom
55. “It is the quality of one’s convictions that determines success, not the number of followers.” – Remus Lupin
56.”What you fear most of all is– fear. Very wise.” – Remus Lupin
57. “When in doubt, go to the library.” – Ron Weasley
58. “Don’t let the muggles get you down.” – Ron Weasley
59. “I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed. ‘Never be ashamed,’ my ol’ dad used ter say, ‘there’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth botherin’ with.'” – Rubeus Hagrid
60. “What’s comin’ will come, and we’ll meet it when it does.” – Rubeus Hagrid
61. “There’s things more importan’ than keepin’ a job.” – Rubeus Hagrid
62. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” – Sirius Black
63. “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” – Sirius Black
64. “The ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them in here.” – Sirius Black
Did you enjoy these Inspirational Harry Potter quotes?
What are your favorite quotes from Harry Potter? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...
101 Marianne Williamson Quotes That Will Enlighten You
Looking for the best Marianne Williamson quotes? Marianne Williamson is an American author, spiritual leader, political candidate and activist. She...
Fear-setting: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals
Fear-setting is an exercise that Tim Ferriss swears by. The bestselling author of The 4 Hour Work Week says he...
Top 5 Lessons Learned After She Read 500 Self-Help Books
If you’re looking for inspiration then these days no one is suffering from a shortage of self-help reading material out...