Are you looking for the best Lion King quotes to inspire you?
The Lion King, released in 1994 is probably one of the most epic animated movies made by Disney. While the 2019 live action remake was visually stunning, the original 1994 animation is just as powerful today as it was over two decades ago.
The movie tells the story of Simba, a lion cub who is set to succeed his father, Mufasa, as king of the Pride Lands. But his uncle Scar kills his father and manipulates the young Simba into believing he was responsible for the death of his father. Saddened and afraid, Simba flees into exile.
Simba faces a lot of challenges in the search for his destiny as the rightful king and with the help of his friends Timon and Pumba learns some powerful life lessons along the way.
Even though The Lion King was made for kids everyone can enjoy it. It’s got a great story, music and powerful life lessons.
Below you’ll find the best collection of The Lion King quotes by Mufasa, Simba, Rafiki, Timon, Pumba and more.
37 Best Quotes From The Lion King
1. “Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.” – Mufasa
2. “When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so, we are all connected in the great circle of life.” – Mufasa
3. “While others search for what they can take, a true king searches for what he can give.” – Mufasa
4. “I’m only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble.” – Mufasa
5. “Believe in yourself and there will come a day when others will have no choice but to believe with you.” – Mufasa
6. “Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from stars. Whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you, and so will I.” – Mufasa
7. “There’s more to being a king than getting your way all the time.” – Mufasa
8. “A king’s time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, Simba, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king.” – Mufasa
9. “You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become.” – Mufasa
10. “Remember who you are.” – Mufasa
11. “Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger.” – Simba
12. “I know what I have to do, but going back means I will have to face my past. I’ve been running from it for so long.” – Simba
13. “You can’t change the past.” – Simba
14. “Look, sometimes bad things happen — and there’s nothing you can do about it. So why worry?” – Simba
15. “Sometimes what’s left behind can grow better than the generation before.” – Simba
16. “As you go through life, you will see that there is so much that we don’t understand. And the only thing we know is things don’t always go the way we plan.” – Simba
17. “Love will find a way, anywhere we go. We’re home if we are there together.” – Simba
18. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki
19. “Any story worth telling is worth telling twice.” – Rafiki
20. “Look beyond what you see.” – Rafiki
21. “It’s the Circle of Life and it moves us all, through despair and hope, through faith and love, ’til we find our place on the path unwinding.” – Rafiki
22. “Everybody is somebody. Even a nobody.” – Rafiki
23. “The question is, who are you?” – Rafiki
24. “It doesn’t matter. It’s in the past.” – Rafiki
25. “Change is good.” – Rafiki
Timon and Pumbaa Quotes
26. “Hakuna Matata!” – Timon and Pumbaa
27. “When the student is ready, the teacher appears.” – Pumbaa
28. “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” – Timon
29. “Friends stick together to the end.” – Timon
30. “To change the past is a big order, but you can change the future.” – Timon
31. “You got to put your past behind you. Look kid, bad things happen, and you can’t do anything about it, right?” – Timon
32. “Life’s not fair, is it?” – Scar
33. “Truth is in the eye of the beholder.” – Scar
34. “Out of the ashes of this tragedy, we shall rise to greet the dawning of a new era.” – Scar
More Lion King Quotes
35. “They can have the world. We’ll create our own.” – Kiara
36. “If you will not fight, then you will die as well.” – Zira
37. “A true king’s power is his compassion.” – Sarabi
Did you enjoy these Inspirational Lion King quotes?
What are your favorite quotes from The Lion King? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
77 Frank Zappa Quotes On Life, Government & Music
Looking for the best collection of Frank Zappa quotes? Then look no further. Frank Zappa was an American musician, composer,...
101 Vince Lombardi Quotes To Win The Game Of Life
This collection of famous Vince Lombardi quotes is packed with wisdom from one of the greatest coaches and leaders in...
78 Abraham Maslow Quotes To Max Out Your Potential
If you’re looking to make the most of you potential then this collection of Abraham Maslow quotes will inspire and...
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...