There are many famous Winston Churchill quotes and sayings out there. In fact he is one of he most quotable and significant figures of the 20th century.
Sir Winston Churchill was a British politician, army officer and writer. He was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945, when he led Britain to victory in the Second World War, and again from 1951 to 1955.
While not far from controversy, Winston Churchill was one of the most significant figures in history and remains popular in the UK and Western world, where he is seen as a victorious wartime leader who played an important role in defending liberal democracy from the spread of fascism.
He has also received a lot of praise as a social reformer and writer, with one of his many awards being the Nobel Prize in Literature.
Churchill is full of wisdom that can be applied to create your own success and these Winston Churchill quotes are his greatest of all time. Read them and learn from experience!
Inspirational Winston Churchill Quotes
1. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
2. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” – Winston Churchill
3. “I have in my life concentrated more on self-expression than self-denial.” – Winston Churchill
4. “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” – Winston Churchill
5. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
6. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
7. “I never ‘worry’ about action, but only about inaction.” – Winston Churchill
8. “You will never get to the end of the journey if you stop to shy a stone at every dog that barks.” – Winston Churchill
9. “Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.” – Winston Churchill
10. “One always measures friendships by how they show up in bad weather.” – Winston Churchill
11. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
12. “For myself I am an optimist — it does not seem to be much use being anything else.” – Winston Churchill
13. “To improve is to change, so to be perfect is to have changed often.” – Winston Churchill
14. “The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.” – Winston Churchill
15. “To be really happy and really safe, one ought to have at least two or three hobbies, and they must all be real.” – Winston Churchill
16. “Nourish your hopes, but do not overlook realities.” – Winston Churchill
17. “You must look at facts, because they look at you.” – Winston Churchill
18. “It is better to be making the news than taking it; to be an actor rather than a critic.” – Winston Churchill
19. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
20. “The true guide of life is to do what is right.” – Winston Churchill
21. “Things are not always right because they are hard, but if they are right one must not mind if they are also hard.” – Winston Churchill
22. “I like things to happen, and if they don’t happen I like to make them happen.” – Winston Churchill
23. “Never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill
24. “The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.” – Winston Churchill
25. “Kites rise highest against the wind – not with it.” – Winston Churchill
26. “It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” – Winston Churchill
27. “You never can tell whether bad luck may not after all turn out to be good luck.” – Winston Churchill
28. “If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time – a tremendous whack.” – Winston Churchill
29. “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” – Winston Churchill
30. “Play the game for more than you can afford to lose… only then will you learn the game.” – Winston Churchill
31. “Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities… because it is the quality which guarantees all others.” – Winston Churchill
32. “We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out.” – Winston Churchill
33. “True genius resides in the capacity for evaluation of uncertain, hazardous, and conflicting information.” – Winston Churchill
34. “The first quality that is needed is audacity.” – Winston Churchill
35. “I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.” – Winston Churchill
36. “Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning.” – Winston Churchill
37. “No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time a steady eye.” – Winston Churchill
38. “To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day.” – Winston Churchill
39. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
40. “The price of greatness is responsibility.” – Winston Churchill
41. “Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.” – Winston Churchill
42. “Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.” – Winston Churchill
43. “History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.” – Winston Churchill
44. “All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.” – Winston Churchill
45. “If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.” – Winston Churchill
46. “An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.” – Winston Churchill
47. “It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see.” – Winston Churchill
48. “I am certainly not one of those who need to be prodded. In fact, if anything, I am the prod.” – Winston Churchill
49. “I am easily satisfied with the very best.” – Winston Churchill
50. “It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right.” – Winston Churchill
51. “Time and money are largely interchangeable terms.” – Winston Churchill
52. “If we win, nobody will care. If we lose, there will be nobody to care.” – Winston Churchill
53. “What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?” – Winston Churchill
54. “Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer. You have only to persevere to save yourselves, and to save all those who rely upon you. You have only to go right on, and at the end of the road, be it short or long, victory and honor will be found.” – Winston Churchill
55. “Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and the glory of the climb.” – Winston Churchill
56. “You will make all kinds of mistakes; but as long as you are generous and true, and also fierce, you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her.” – Winston Churchill
57. “Employ your time in improving yourself by other men’s writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for.” – Winston Churchill
58. “Continuous efforts – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill
59. “There is only one duty, only one safe course, and that is to try to be right and not to fear to do or say what you believe to be right.” – Winston Churchill
60. “It’s not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what’s required.” – Winston Churchill
61. “Out of intense complexities intense simplicities emerge.” – Winston Churchill
62. “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” – Winston Churchill
63. “You must put your head into the lion’s mouth if the performance is to be a success.” – Winston Churchill
64. “However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.” – Winston Churchill
65. “You create your own universe as you go along.” – Winston Churchill
66. “It’s not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something.” – Winston Churchill
67. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
Did you find these Winston Churchill Quotes inspiring?
Which Winston Churchill quote is your favourite? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...
Top 21 Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
Looking for the best Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Then look no further! While some may consider the Matrix to...
127 David Goggins Quotes To Be Successful
Looking for the best collection of David Goggins quotes? Then look no further! David Goggins is a man who was...
101 Brené Brown Quotes On Courage, Vulnerability & Shame
Looking for the best collection of Brené Brown quotes? Then look no further. Brené Brown is a research professor at...