Aliko Dangote is a Nigerian business magnate, investor and founder of the Dangote Group.
Dangote is a ranked by Forbes as the richest man in Africa with an estimated net worth of $10.8 billion as of 2019
Aliko Dangote had entrepreneurial spirit from childhood. He said: “I can remember when I was in primary school, I would go and buy cartons of sweets and I would start selling them just to make money. I was so interested in business, even at that time.”
He established the Dangote Group as a small trading firm in 1977 and today it is a multi-trillion-naira conglomerate with many of its operations in Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, and Togo.
The Dangote Group covers food processing, cement, manufacturing and freight. It dominates the sugar market in Nigeria with an estimated 70% market share and
is a major supplier to the country’s soft drink companies, breweries, and confectioners.
Aliko Dangote is an inspiration to many in Africa and around the world. He has some seriously good advice for all entrepreneurs and these Aliko Dangote quotes will show you what it takes to succeed in business.
27 Aliko Dangote Quotes
1. “I enjoy myself a lot but I derive more joy in working. I believe in hard work and one of my business success secrets is hard work. It’s hard to see a youth that will go to bed by 2am and wake up by 5am. I don’t rest until I achieve something.” – Aliko Dangote
2. “Every morning when I wake up, I make up my mind to solve as many problems, before retiring home.” – Aliko Dangote
3. “When you have made it in life, you must give back to those who made you.” – Aliko Dangote
4. “My grandfather once told me; the soul of business is not making money but making people happy.” – Aliko Dangote
5. “Motivation, backed by good planning and correct action leads to success.” – Aliko Dangote
6. “To succeed in business, you must build a brand and never destroy it.” – Aliko Dangote
7. “Endeavor to work as hard as possible to attain a new aim with each day that comes by. Don’t go to bed until you have achieved something productive.” – Aliko Dangote
8. “Passion is what drives me forward. Passion is what makes me go to bed at 2am and wake up at 6am.” – Aliko Dangote
9. “You could easily tell that hard work and perseverance go hand in hand with patience. We often hear people say patience is worth it, yet we don’t practice it. I did and look how well it worked out for me.” – Aliko Dangote
10. “In the journey to success, tenacity of purpose is supreme.” – Aliko Dangote
11. “The most dangerous thing for an entrepreneur to do is to actually go into a business that he does not understand fully.” – Aliko Dangote
12. “I always tried to move up the food chain. I started with cement and then moved into textiles and banking. When I was trading sugar, I added salt and flour so that then we could do pasta. And then I thought, why not make the bag for it, too? So, we started making packaging.” – Aliko Dangote
13. “If you don’t have ambition, you shouldn’t be alive.” – Aliko Dangote
14. “I always make sure I hire people smarter than me.” – Aliko Dangote
15. “If I had challenges in my company, I would not hesitate to sell assets to remain afloat, to get to the better times, because it doesn’t make any sense for me to keep any assets and then suffocate the whole organization.” – Aliko Dangote
16. “What I always say is that money doesn’t have colour. It doesn’t matter whether you are from Africa or anywhere in the world. The colour of money is the same.” – Aliko Dangote
17. “I built a conglomerate and emerged the richest black man in the world in 2008 but it didn’t happen overnight. It took me thirty years to get to where I am today. Youths of today aspire to be like me but they want to achieve it overnight. It’s not going to work. To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big. In the journey of entrepreneurship, tenacity of purpose is supreme.” – Aliko Dangote
18. “After my death, I want to be remembered as Africa’s greatest industrialist.” – Aliko Dangote
19. “Don’t kill the competition. Competition is healthy for businesses. It keeps you the entrepreneur on your toes.” – Aliko Dangote
20. “To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big.” – Aliko Dangote
21. “Manufacture, don’t just trade. There is money in manufacturing even though it is capital intensive. To achieve a big breakthrough, I had to start manufacturing the same product I was trading on; which is commodities.” – Aliko Dangote
22. “If people look inward, they would see the opportunities for greatness.” – Aliko Dangote
23. “When you import goods, you import poverty and you export jobs to other parts of the globe where such goods are produced.” – Aliko Dangote
24. “Exercise is better than any medicine I can take; exercise and sleep.” – Aliko Dangote
25. “In whatever you do, strive to be the best at it.” – Aliko Dangote
26. “You must have a vision and not just a vision but you must have a plan that would make you fulfil that vision.” – Aliko Dangote
27. “The real thing about wealth, what will make you enjoy it and be happy that yes you are rich, is how many lives you can touch while you are alive.” – Aliko Dangote
Did you find these Aliko Dangote Quotes inspiring?
Which Aliko Dangote quote is your favourite? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...
Top 21 Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
Looking for the best Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Then look no further! While some may consider the Matrix to...
127 David Goggins Quotes To Be Successful
Looking for the best collection of David Goggins quotes? Then look no further! David Goggins is a man who was...
101 Brené Brown Quotes On Courage, Vulnerability & Shame
Looking for the best collection of Brené Brown quotes? Then look no further. Brené Brown is a research professor at...