If you’re looking to build wealth then these J. Paul Getty quotes contain the wisdom to set you on the right path.
Jean Paul Getty, widely known as J. Paul Getty was a British American petrol-industrialist. He was the founder of the Getty Oil Company and in 1957 Fortune magazine named him the richest living American. In 1966 the Guinness Book of Records named him as the world’s richest private citizen.
At the time of his death in 1976 he was worth more than $6 billion (approximately $20 billion today).
Getty was an avid collector of art and antiquities. His collection formed the basis of the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles, California.
In 1953 also formed the J. Paul Getty Trust, which is the the world’s wealthiest art institution, and operates the J. Paul Getty Museum Complexes: The Getty Center, The Getty Villa and the Getty Foundation, the Getty Research Institute, and the Getty Conservation Institute.
This collection of J. Paul Getty quotes will not only inspire you to make more money but also contain some great fundamentals of building wealth. Hope you like them.
43 Inspirational J. Paul Getty Quotes
1. “Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil.” – J. Paul Getty
2. “If you can actually count your money, then you’re not a rich man.” – J. Paul Getty
3. “Going to work for a large company is like getting on a train. Are you going sixty miles an hour or is the train going sixty miles an hour and you’re just sitting still?” – J. Paul Getty
4. “If you owe the bank $100 that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that’s the bank’s problem.” – J. Paul Getty
5. “Without the element of uncertainty, the bringing off of even, the greatest business triumph would be dull, routine, and eminently unsatisfying.” – J. Paul Getty
6. “In times of rapid change, experience could be your worst enemy. – J. Paul Getty
7. “To succeed in business, to reach the top, an individual must know all it is possible to know about that business.” – J. Paul Getty
8. “Control of a company does not carry with it the ability to control the price of its stock.” – J. Paul Getty
9. “Money is like manure. You have to spread it around or it smells.” – J. Paul Getty
10. “The employer generally gets the employees he deserves.” – J. Paul Getty
11. “A hatred of failure has always been part of my nature.” – J. Paul Getty
12. “There are one hundred men seeking security to one able man who is willing to risk his fortune.” – J. Paul Getty
13. “The man who comes up with a means for doing or producing almost anything better, faster or more economically has his future and his fortune at his fingertips.” – J. Paul Getty
14. “I would rather earn 1% of the effort of a 100 people’s efforts than 100% of my own efforts.” – J. Paul Getty
15. “If you have no money, you always think about money. If you have money, you already think only about money.” – J. Paul Getty
16. “Seek advice on risk from the wealthy, who still take risks, not friends who dare nothing more than a football bet.” – J. Paul Getty
17. “If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars.” – J. Paul Getty
18. “The key to wealth is to learn how to make money while you sleep.” – J. Paul Getty
19. “Buy when everyone else is selling and hold until everyone else is buying. That’s not just a catchy slogan. It’s the very essence of successful investing.” – J. Paul Getty
20. “The meek shall inherit the earth but not it’s mineral rights.” – J. Paul Getty
21. “Getting results through people is a skill that cannot be learned in the classroom.” – J. Paul Getty
22. “Age doesn’t matter unless you’re cheese.” – J. Paul Getty
23. “To become a billionaire, you need luck, knowledge, a great capacity to work and the main thing – the mentality of a billionaire.” – J. Paul Getty
24. “A man can fail, but he isn’t a failure until he blames someone else.” – J. Paul Getty
25. “The #1 guideline to success is you must be in business for yourself. When you work for someone else, you sell your time at wholesale to your employer, who then re-sells it at retail to the customer.” – J. Paul Getty
26. “There is only one way to make a great deal of money; and that is in a business of your own.” – J. Paul Getty
27. “Money isn’t everything but it sure keeps you in touch with your children.” – J. Paul Getty
28. “The individual who wants to reach the top in business must appreciate the might and force of habit. He must be quick to break those habits that can break him-and hasten to adopt those practices that will become the habits that help him achieve the success he desires.” – J. Paul Getty
29. “Build wealth as a by product of your business success. If wealth is your only objective in business, you will probably fail.” – J. Paul Getty
30. “People who don’t respect money don’t have any.” – J. Paul Getty
31. “My father said, ‘You must never try to make all the money that’s in a deal. Let the other fellow make some money too, because if you have a reputation for always making all the money, you won’t have many deals’.” – J. Paul Getty
32. “Patience; this is the greatest business asset. Wait for the right time to make your moves.” – J. Paul Getty
33. “A sense of thrift is essential to success in business. The businessman must discipline himself to practice economy whenever possible, in his personal life as well as his business affairs.” – J. Paul Getty
34. “You must not only learn to live with tension, you must seek it out. You must learn to thrive on stress.” – J. Paul Getty
35. “You must take risks, both with your own money or with borrowed money. Risk taking is essential to business growth.” – J. Paul Getty
36. “Men of means look at making money as a game which they love to play.” – J. Paul Getty
37. “There are always opportunities through which businessmen can profit handsomely if they will only recognize and seize them.” – J. Paul Getty
38. “To build wealth today, you must be in your own business.” – J. Paul Getty
39. “There are no safeguards that can protect the emotional investor from himself.” – J. Paul Getty
40. “I have no complex about wealth. I have worked very hard for my money; producing things people need.” – J. Paul Getty
41. “The conformist is not born. He is made. I believe the brainwashing process begins in the schools and colleges.” – J. Paul Getty
42. “A billion dollar is not what it used to be.” – J. Paul Getty
43. “No one can possibly achieve any real and lasting success or “get rich” in business by being a conformist.” – J. Paul Getty
Did you find these J. Paul Getty Quotes inspiring?
Which J. Paul Getty quote is your favourite? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
55 Famous R. Buckminster Fuller Quotes
Looking for the best R. Buckminster Fuller quotes? Then look no further. Richard Buckminster Fuller was an American architect, systems...
40 Alfred Adler Quotes That Will Make You Reflect
If you’re looking for the best Alfred Adler quotes then look no further. Alfred Adler was an Austrian medical doctor,...
55 Best The Wolf Of Wall Street Quotes
Looking for the best quotes from The Wolf of Wall Street? Then look no further. The Wolf of Wall Street...
67 Famous Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
If you’re looking for the best Theodore Roosevelt quotes then look no further. Theodore Roosevelt is remembered as one of...
33 Chris Sacca Quotes On Investing, Startups & Success
Looking for the best Chris Sacca quotes? Then look no further! Chris Sacca is an American venture investor, company advisor,...