Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further!
Tom Cruise is one of the most successful actors in the last 4 decades. During that time he has won several accolades for his work, including three Golden Globe Awards and three nominations for Academy Awards.
It’s probably hard to pick out your top 3 favorite Tom Cruise movies because he’s acted in so many. His films have grossed over $10.1 billion worldwide, making him one of the highest-grossing box office stars of all time.
Tom Cruise also has a net worth of over $570 million as of 2020, making him one of the highest paying actors of all time.
As you’ll see from the Tom Cruise quotes below, his career longevity and success is a credit to his hard work and dedication. His mindset has always been to commit to his work 100% and I hope these quotes by Tom Cruise will inspire you to do the same.
Inspirational Tom Cruise Quotes
1. “I’ve never done work for money ever. If your choices are based on grosses and the film doesn’t do well, what does that mean? It leaves you with nothing.” – Tom Cruise
2. “I’ve gotten very good at scheduling my life, scheduling the scene and preparing myself for knowing, saving the energy, consuming the energy, knowing when to go for it and having the available reserves to be able to do that. You have to think about that, because it’s endurance.” – Tom Cruise
3. “Awards are wonderful. I’ve been nominated many times and I’ve won many awards. But my journey is not towards that. If it happens it will be a blast. If it doesn’t, it’s still been a blast.” – Tom Cruise
4. “I didn’t become an actor to have power, but it just happens that I have it and so I have a lot of opportunities.” – Tom Cruise
5. “Here’s how I’ve lived my life: I’ve never been late to a set. I make films I believe in. I feel privileged to be able to do what I love.” – Tom Cruise
6. “When you have to cope with a lot of problems, you’re either going to sink or you’re going to swim.” – Tom Cruise
7. “I disagree with people who think you learn more from getting beat up than you do from winning.” – Tom Cruise
8. “Talk is over-rated as a means of settling disputes.” – Tom Cruise
9. “I’m an all-or-nothing kind of person, and when I become interested in something, I give it my all.” – Tom Cruise
10. “I always look for a challenge and something that’s different.” – Tom Cruise
11. “The exciting part of acting, I don’t know how else to explain it, are those moments when you surprise yourself.” – Tom Cruise
12. “What I find sometimes that is tricky is if actors are using too much of their own life in a picture, in a scene, they get locked into a particular way to play the scene, and it lacks an immediacy.” – Tom Cruise
13. “As a young actor, people were trying to define who I was before I really knew that for myself. But I still remember thinking, ‘This is what I love doing, and I hope I’m going to be able to do it forever.'” – Tom Cruise
14. “I have respect for what other people believe. What I believe in my own life is that it’s a search for how I can do things better, whether it’s being a better man or a better father or finding ways for myself to improve.” – Tom Cruise
15. “Do I make mistakes? Yeah.” – Tom Cruise
16. “I like to work with people that I like hanging out with, that I admire, that are really smart and talented, and we can problem solve together.” – Tom Cruise
17. “I love what I do. I take great pride in what I do. And I can’t do something halfway, three-quarters, nine-tenths. If I’m going to do something, I go all the way.” – Tom Cruise
18. “I look at the Samurai because they were the artists of their time. What I think struck me when I read Bushido is compassion. ‘If there’s no one there to help, go out and find someone to help.’ That hit me, because I try to lead my life like that.” – Tom Cruise
19. “I want a world without war, a world without insanity. I want to see people do well. I don’t even think it’s as much as what I want for myself. It’s more what I want for the people around me. That’s what I want.” – Tom Cruise
20. “I’ve learned to relax more. Everybody feels pressure in what they do, maybe mine is just a little different because there doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day to accomplish what I want to.” – Tom Cruise
21. “I’ve never made a film that I didn’t believe in, you know? However the picture turns out, I’ve always given everything to it. That’s kind of how I approach life. I can’t help it. There’s no part-way with me on anything in any area of my life.” – Tom Cruise
22. “The thing about film-making is I give it everything, that’s why I work so hard. I always tell young actors to take charge. It’s not that hard. Sign your own cheques, be responsible.” – Tom Cruise
23. “When I first started out all the attention could be a bit unnerving, especially when people stared. Now I find the best thing is to just relax. Being recognized is just something you have to get used to.” – Tom Cruise
24. “When I work, I work very hard. So I look to work with people who have that level of dedication. And I depend on that from everyone. From the director to my crews that I work with.” – Tom Cruise
25. “Nothing ends nicely, that’s why it ends.” – Tom Cruise
26. “When you become successful in any type of life, there are people who are not contributing to the motion.” – Tom Cruise
27. “I’m passionate about learning. I’m passionate about life.” – Tom Cruise
28. “Every single time I start to do a picture, without fail, I feel as if I don’t know what I’m doing.” – Tom Cruise
29. “I go without sleep, I just go hard.” – Tom Cruise
30. “I’m a romantic.” – Tom Cruise
31. “Individuals have to decide what is true and real for them.” – Tom Cruise
32. “I don’t care who you are, life has challenges.” – Tom Cruise
33. “When I’m promoting a film, I’m not going to get caught up in anything else, and that includes all my personal things.” – Tom Cruise
34. “Whether it’s making a film or raising my children, personally I’m striving to do the right things and to learn.” – Tom Cruise
35. “If you have kids, it is the most important thing to create good times.” – Tom Cruise
36. “I’ve always had the same values. Family for me has always been important. When I shoot, everybody comes.” – Tom Cruise
37. “I’ve spent many birthdays on a movie set, all great days.” – Tom Cruise
38. “Perception and reality are two different things.” – Tom Cruise
39. “In this life, it’s not what you hope for, it’s not what you deserve – it’s what you take!” – Tom Cruise
40. “When I was about 7 years old, I had been labelled dyslexic. I’d try to concentrate on what I was reading, then I’d get to the end of the page and have very little memory of anything I’d read. I would go blank, feel anxious, nervous, bored, frustrated, dumb. I would get angry. My legs would actually hurt when I was studying. My head ached. All through school and well into my career, I felt like I had a secret. When I’d go to a new school, I wouldn’t want the other kids to know about my learning disability, but then I’d be sent off to remedial reading.” – Tom Cruise
41. “I feel lonely at times, but I don’t want to get into a relationship with someone if it is not right. I’m not the type of person who just does things to do them.” – Tom Cruise
42. “I had to train myself to focus my attention. I became very visual and learned how to create mental images in order to comprehend what I read.” – Tom Cruise
43. “The important thing is to be relaxed in your work. Same in life. Don’t make everything too intense. Then you can let everything go and not ‘act’.” – Tom Cruise
44. “We live in a world in which we are able to communicate very quickly in many different ways, and yet we find communicating more difficult than ever. When in fact we need communication more urgently than ever because the enemies that threaten us are universal: drugs, illiteracy and crime. We have to fight against them together.” – Tom Cruise
45. “Someday. That’s a dangerous word. It’s really a code for ‘never’.” – Tom Cruise
46. “I just eat life. I engage in life.” – Tom Cruise
47. “I don’t pretend to be the character, I AM the character.” – Tom Cruise
48. “I think if technology is used in a way that is not responsible, that is a bad thing. I think technology and where it is going is inevitable, and there’s great benefits that can help an individual in society at large.” – Tom Cruise
49. “There is life in every breath.” – Tom Cruise
50. “I never stop learning. And knowing when and where to communicate, I think that’s important.” – Tom Cruise
51. “It’s our responsibility to educate, create the new reality.” – Tom Cruise
52. “It’s indescribable. You hold this newborn, and you realize you’ve got responsibilities like you’ve never had before.” – Tom Cruise
53. “As an actor – like an artist – you have to ask, “Why do I choose a certain moment to play something a certain way?” It’s organic to who we are.” – Tom Cruise
54. “I demand a lot of myself. I want to learn. I can’t sit back. I like a challenge, so I create a lot of challenges for myself.” – Tom Cruise
55. “I don’t care if you print something nasty about me. If it’s true, fine. I don’t care. But just make sure it’s the truth.” – Tom Cruise
56. “I’ll never forget the moment I became a dad. It’s hard to describe-that level of responsibility, the desire to give such joy, the clarity: Nothing is more important than this.” – Tom Cruise
57. “I’m a good listener. I think it’s the one characteristic that’s most important. I’ve always been that way. Not that I take all the advice, but you’ve got to listen to it and have the courage to make your own decision. And just go for it.” – Tom Cruise
58. “I’m someone who doesn’t believe in making my problems other people’s problems.” – Tom Cruise
59. “I’ve always thought of the audience. I just want to entertain the audience. That’s what it’s about: what’s good for the movie, what’s best for the movie, what’s best for the audience.” – Tom Cruise
60. “I’ve had a very interesting life. There are ways of handling the complexities. I’m willing to take on the responsibilities as a father, as a producer, as an actor; and I enjoy that. I’ve always been changing and evolving and growing. There’s no pinnacle of power where you can sit back and relax.” – Tom Cruise
61. “Sex is great, if you are in a relationship. Otherwise, I find sex actually not so interesting. Without a relationship it is confusing.” – Tom Cruise
62. “My childhood was extremely lonely. I was dyslexic and lots of kids make fun of me. That experience made me tough inside, because you learn to quietly accept ridicule.” – Tom Cruise
63. “No dream is ever just a dream.” – Tom Cruise
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Tom Cruise quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
77 Frank Zappa Quotes On Life, Government & Music
Looking for the best collection of Frank Zappa quotes? Then look no further. Frank Zappa was an American musician, composer,...
101 Vince Lombardi Quotes To Win The Game Of Life
This collection of famous Vince Lombardi quotes is packed with wisdom from one of the greatest coaches and leaders in...
78 Abraham Maslow Quotes To Max Out Your Potential
If you’re looking to make the most of you potential then this collection of Abraham Maslow quotes will inspire and...
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...