Looking for the best Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Then look no further!
While some may consider the Matrix to be just another sci-fi movie, it was actually packed full of life-changing lessons and philosophy. The movie is considered to be ahead of its time and it challenged our understanding of perspective, reality, illusion and many other intriguing concepts.
Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) was Neo’s (Keanu Reeves) spiritual leader and guide and had the most thought-provoking statements and words of wisdom throughout the film.
I hope you enjoy the following Morpheus quotes and lines from The Matrix. Some of them are sure to expand your mind.
What you’ll notice is that the “What if I told you everything you know is a lie?” quote isn’t in the list. That is because it apparently doesn’t exist. Mandela effect, anyone? Do you remember hearing it when you watched the film?
Best Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
1. “You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that’s not far from the truth.” – Morpheus
2. “What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world. You don’t know what it is, but it’s there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.” – Morpheus
3. “The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window, or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.” – Morpheus
4. “Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.” – Morpheus
5. “This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.” – Morpheus
6. “Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?” – Morpheus
7. “What is real? How do you define ‘real’? If you’re talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then ‘real’ is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.” – Morpheus
8. “The Matrix is a computer-generated dream world, built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this.” [holds up battery] – Morpheus
9. “Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.” – Morpheus
10. “I didn’t say it would be easy. Just said it would be the truth.” – Morpheus
11. “Don’t think you are, know you are.” – Morpheus
12. “Stop trying to hit me and hit me!” – Morpheus
13. “The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you’re inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy.” – Morpheus
14. “You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it.” – Morpheus
15. “I’m trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You’re the one that has to walk through it.” – Morpheus
16. “You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.” – Morpheus
17. “There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.” – Morpheus
18. “This is a war and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at any time, in any place.” – Morpheus
19. “Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us. But if we are to be prepared for it, we must first shed our fear of it.” – Morpheus
20. “I stand here, before you now, truthfully unafraid. Why? Because I believe something you do not? No, I stand here without fear because I remember. I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.” – Morpheus
21. “The body cannot live without the mind.” – Morpheus
Famous Morpheus Pill Quote From The Matrix
Famous Morpheus Dream Quote From The Matrix
Did you like these Morpheus quotes?
What are your favorite Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
77 Osho Quotes That Will Enlighten You
If you’re looking for the best collection of Osho quotes that are packed full of inspirational wisdom then look no...
43 Inspirational Ryan Serhant Quotes On Success
If you’re looking for the best Ryan Serhant quotes then look no further. Ryan Serhant is an American actor, real...
31 NoFap Benefits That Will Change Your Life
Are NoFap benefits real? Do NoFap superpowers exist? Are they proven or anecdotal? Are the benefits based on scientific evidence...
57 Best The Matrix Quotes That Will Wake You Up
Looking for the best quotes from The Matrix movie? Then look no further. The movie, starring Keanu Reeves as Thomas...
101 Tim Ferriss Quotes That Will Make You Successful
If you’re looking for the best collection of Tim Ferriss quotes then look no further. Tim Ferriss is an American...