Tom Brady is an American football quarterback for the New England Patriots of the NFL.
He is one of only two players to ever win 5 Super Bowls and the only player to with them with one team.
Brady has been honored with four Super Bowl MVP awards, the most ever by a single player, has won three league MVP awards and is considered one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.
As you’ll see from the inspiring Tom Brady quotes below, he’s achieved phenomenal success in his career not only because of talent but also because of his mindset and attitude. His work ethic is undeniable and he is an ultimate professional of the game.
These are my favourite Tom Brady quotes and I hope you gain a lot of inspiration and wisdom from them. Enjoy!
63 Tom Brady Quotes
1. “I was the kid that was the 199th pick that never had the body for it. People didn’t think I’d play one year in the NFL, and now I’m going on my 17th year.” – Tom Brady
2. “Things don’t correct themselves, you’ve got to go out there and work hard to correct them.” – Tom Brady
3. “To me, football is so much about mental toughness, it’s digging deep, it’s doing whatever you need to do to help a team win and that comes in a lot of shapes and forms.” – Tom Brady
4. “After the first day of practice, there’s not one guy who’s playing at 100 percent or who feels great. Sometimes, getting up in the morning and brushing your teeth is the hardest part of the day – it just hurts.” – Tom Brady
5. “When you’re one of the leaders of the team, there are no days off.” – Tom Brady
6. “There’s not much time to unwind, but you know what, it’s because I love what I do. I look forward to the season. I look forward to playing games. It doesn’t ever feel like work.” – Tom Brady
7. “I’m not a person who defends myself very often. I kind of let my actions speak for me.” – Tom Brady
8. “I think that at the start of a game, you’re always playing to win, and then maybe if you’re ahead late in the game, you start playing not to lose. The true competitors, though, are the ones who always play to win.” – Tom Brady
9. “When I’m out on the football field, I have so much confidence in what I’m doing.” – Tom Brady
10. “I think the great part about what I do is that there’s a scoreboard. At the end of every week, you know how you did. You know how well you prepared. You know whether you executed your game plan. There’s a tangible score.” – Tom Brady
11. “I don’t want to get into it, but if you know someone, it doesn’t mean you agree with everything they say or they do.” – Tom Brady
12. “Too often in life, something happens and we blame other people for us not being happy or satisfied or fulfilled. So the point is, we all have choices, and we make the choice to accept people or situations or to not accept situations.” – Tom Brady
13. “Every quarterback can throw a ball; every running back can run; every receiver is fast; but that mental toughness that you talk about translates into competitiveness.” – Tom Brady
14. “I just love working hard. I love being part of a team; I love working toward a common goal.” – Tom Brady
15. “Sleep is all about recovering. So if you’re not sleeping, you’re not recovering. And if you’re going to break your body down a lot, you better find ways to build it back up. And the only way to do that is get a lot of sleep. So for me, I go to bed at like 8:30, 9:00. As soon as I put my kids to bed. Because I’m up at 5:30 the next day.” – Tom Brady
16. “All I do is work out. Oh my God! Half my life is spent in a gym somewhere, sweating.” – Tom Brady
17. “I always try to do as much as I can do. I’m never a person that does not enough, because I’d regret not doing enough and think I probably could have done more. I probably go too far and have to reel myself back in, which works in some things, and other things it doesn’t work.” – Tom Brady
18. “The only thing I ever wanted to be was a professional football player.” – Tom Brady
19. “A lot of times I find that people who are blessed with the most talent don’t ever develop that attitude, and the ones who aren’t blessed in that way are the most competitive and have the biggest heart.” – Tom Brady
20. “We all have experiences in our lives that change us, and we all learn from people, like my dad, but at the end of the day, it’s only us. And we’re only responsible to make ourselves happy.” – Tom Brady
21. “You have to believe in your process. You have to believe in the things that you are doing to help the team win. I think you have to take the good with the bad.” – Tom Brady
22. “If you like it you should enjoy it! Moderation in everything. If there’s things you really love, you should enjoy. You get one life, so you should enjoy it.” – Tom Brady
23. “You need to think outside the box. You need to think differently if you want to sustain what, for me, is my peak performance: the very best that I can achieve as an athlete every day.” – Tom Brady
24. “Every man should know, if you’re comfortable and you like it, you should do it. Everyone always worries about what the girls think, what the guys think. If you like it, do it.” – Tom Brady
25. “I have a memory, and I can just eliminate mistakes when they come up because I’ve already made them.” – Tom Brady
26. “I’m not really concerned with portraying this tough warrior – I mean, that’s part of my job and I take that very seriously. But I don’t have anything to hide, and I’m not concerned with what people think.” – Tom Brady
27. “If you’re a quarterback, you want everything on your shoulders. You want to be the one to make the decisions.” – Tom Brady
28. “I don’t think the ebbs and flows – get in great shape and then get out of shape and then see if you can get back into shape – is a good thing. So I prefer to keep my arm always ready to go.” – Tom Brady
29. “You wanna know which ring is my favorite? The next one.” – Tom Brady
30. “If you don’t believe in yourself why is anyone else going to believe in you?” – Tom Brady
31. “Mentally, the only players who survive in the pros are the ones able to manage all their responsibilities. Everybody struggles in different ways.” – Tom Brady
32. “I don’t care about three years ago… I don’t care about two years ago. I don’t care about last year. The only things I care about is this week.” – Tom Brady
33. “My job is to play quarterback and I’m going to do that the best way I know how because I owe that to my teammates regardless or who is out there on the field with me.” – Tom Brady
34. “I didn’t come this far to only come this far, so we’ve still got further to go.” – Tom Brady
35. “You push your body to the limited but you have to train your body to deal with the limits.” – Tom Brady
36. “If you don’t play to win, don’t play at all. – Tom Brady
37. “Maybe some people can wake up and play playstation all day, but that’s never been me.” – Tom Brady
38. “I don’t want to wake up and be bored. That’s probably my greatest fear is to have nothing to do. What better job is there than to play quarterback for an NFL team, and certainly one that I’ve been on for a long time and had success with? I don’t plan on giving it up any time soon.” – Tom Brady
39. “Life is not living in the suburbs with a white picket fence. That’s not life. Somehow our American culture has made it out that that’s what life needs to be – and that if it’s not that, it’s all screwed up. It’s not.” – Tom Brady
40. “I’m a pretty good winner. I’m a terrible loser. And I rub it in pretty good when I win.” – Tom Brady
41. “You never get over losses. I’ve never gotten over one loss I’ve had in my career. They always stick with me.” – Tom Brady
42. “I’m much more comfortable and confident running out on the field in front of 70,000 people instead of standing in front of a camera trying to say some lines. The people who do that as a profession are very talented because it’s certainly not easy.” – Tom Brady
43. “Man, wear your seat belts. That’s all I can tell everybody.” – Tom Brady
44. “I think sometimes in life the biggest challenges end up being the best things that happen in your life.” – Tom Brady
45. “Everybody has an opinion. I think everybody has the right to believe whatever they want. I don’t ever cast judgment on someone’s belief system.” – Tom Brady
46. “I can’t do anything with what’s happened in the past. I have to just go forward with the most awareness I can going forward and trying to be the best I can be for our team.” – Tom Brady
47. “You can’t go out and practice average on Wednesday, average on Thursday, okay on Friday and then expect to play well on Sunday.” – Tom Brady
48. “Athletes are always talking about money at a time when everyone else is struggling so badly to make it. We all make way more than our fair share. And I just think it reflects poorly on myself and my teammates. I really do just want to win, and that has and will continue to be the reason that motivates me and is the biggest factor in my decision-making process.” – Tom Brady
49. “I am not a person that’s self satisfied just being out there. I want to go out there and play great.” – Tom Brady
50. “See, there are a lot of guys who are all talk. They say they want to work harder and be the best, but they never pay the price.” – Tom Brady
51. “When you lose, talk little. When you win, talk less.” – Tom Brady
52. “I think it’s a feeling like I’ve got it all figured out. There’s nothing that can shock me anymore. There’s nothing I haven’t anticipated; so at that point, there is a calmness.” – Tom Brady
53. “Sometimes some of the toughest things you deal with end up being the best things because you realize the people that you can rely on, that love you and support you through it.” – Tom Brady
54. “One thing I learned in college is that the coach decides who plays, and when he says to go in there, you play your butt off.” – Tom Brady
55. “I don’t think there’s a lot of carry-over from year to year. I don’t think anybody cares what you did the year before.” – Tom Brady
56. “It’s never come easy for me. I don’t think my mind allows me to rest ever. I have, I think, a chip on my shoulder, and some deep scars that I don’t think were healed.” – Tom Brady
57. “A lot of people don’t believe in you. It’s obvious by now, six other quarterbacks taken and 198 other picks. And I always thought ‘you know what, once I get my shot, I’m gonna be ready. I’m gonna really take advantage of that.” – Tom Brady
58. “Some of the best motivation in life is trying to impress a girl.” – Tom Brady
59. “I think you can just go out and try to be the best you can be, deal with people with respect, with honesty, with integrity, have a high moral standard. I’ve always really tried to exemplify that as an athlete. I’ll continue to try to do that.” – Tom Brady
60. “I knew I became a professional when I stop paying attention to what time it was.” – Tom Brady
61. “If someone lies, well, you had a choice to trust that person or not. I think the way my father raised me, well, he trusted everybody. And that worked for him.” – Tom Brady
62. “I can’t do anything with what’s happened in the past. I have to just go forward with the most awareness I can going forward and trying to be the best I can be for our team.” – Tom Brady
63. “There’s a lot of people who don’t like Tom Brady and I’m OK with that.” – Tom Brady
Did you find these Tom Brady Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Tom Brady quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
67 Benjamin Disraeli Quotes To Be Successful
If you’re looking for the best Benjamin Disraeli Quotes then look no further. Benjamin Disraeli was a British politician of...
55 Famous R. Buckminster Fuller Quotes
Looking for the best R. Buckminster Fuller quotes? Then look no further. Richard Buckminster Fuller was an American architect, systems...
40 Alfred Adler Quotes That Will Make You Reflect
If you’re looking for the best Alfred Adler quotes then look no further. Alfred Adler was an Austrian medical doctor,...
55 Best The Wolf Of Wall Street Quotes
Looking for the best quotes from The Wolf of Wall Street? Then look no further. The Wolf of Wall Street...
67 Famous Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
If you’re looking for the best Theodore Roosevelt quotes then look no further. Theodore Roosevelt is remembered as one of...