If you’re looking for the best Rihanna quotes then look no further.
Born in Saint Michael and raised in Bridgetown, Barbados, Rihanna moved to the US in 2005, when she signed with Def Jam Recordings. Since then she has sold over 250 million records, establishing her status as a sex symbol and a leading figure in the music industry.
Her accolades include nine Grammy Awards, 13 American Music Awards, 12 Billboard Music Awards, and even six Guinness World Records.
Rihanna has been successful in reinventing her image throughout her career and has been so influential in the last decade that Time magazine named her as one of the 100 most influential people in the world twice (2012 and 2018).
Alongside a successful music career, Rihanna is well known for her involvement in humanitarian causes, entrepreneurial ventures and the fashion industry. She is the founder of nonprofit organization Clara Lionel Foundation, cosmetics brand Fenty Beauty, and fashion house Fenty under LVMH.
Below you’ll find a collection of 47 inspirational Rihanna quotes to live your best life. I hope these quotes by Rihanna on self-love, self-acceptance and living life on your terms will empower you to be true to yourself.
Inspirational Rihanna Quotes
1. “Let go of the things that make you feel dead! Life is worth living!” – Rihanna
2. “It’s tougher to be vulnerable than to actually be tough.” – Rihanna
3. “Sure, you wish you did some things differently. But there is no sense in becoming burdened with regret over things you have no power to change.” – Rihanna
4. “Keep your eyes on the finish line and not on the turmoil around you.” – Rihanna
5. “The minute you learn to love yourself you won’t want to be anyone else.” – Rihanna
6. “I stand up for what I believe in, and a lot of the time that can be against people’s opinions.” – Rihanna
7. “When you realize who you live for, and who’s important to please, a lot of people will actually start living. I am never going to get caught up in that. I’m gonna look back on my life and say that I enjoyed it – and I lived it for me.” – Rihanna
8. “You may never be good enough for everybody, but you will always be the best for somebody.” – Rihanna
9. “Don’t hide from who you are.” – Rihanna
10. “I don’t do things for the response or the controversy. I just live my life.” – Rihanna
11. “It’s only up from here, no downward spiral.” – Rihanna
12. “I think a lot of people are afraid of being happy because of what others might think.” – Rihanna
13. “It’s nice to look back on your life and see things as lessons, and not regrets.” – Rihanna
14. “You have to just accept your body. You may not love it all the way, but you just have to be comfortable with it, comfortable with knowing that that’s your body.” – Rihanna
15. “I believe everybody’s an individual. You can’t judge someone based on someone else’s actions.” – Rihanna
16. “Settling is the worst feeling in the world.” – Rihanna
17. “Don’t lower your standards for anything or anyone.” – Rihanna
18. “It’s important for me to know who I am. There’s no way for people to know me.” – Rihanna
19. “I think women want freedom. They want to be empowered. They want hope. They want love; they want all the things that I want, and I’m not afraid to say those things and act on them, and I think that’s why they identify with me.” – Rihanna
20. “Never a failure, always a lesson.” – Rihanna
21. “Success for me isn’t a destination it’s a journey. Everybody’s working to get to the top but where is the top? It’s all about working harder and getting better and moving up and up.” – Rihanna
22. “Hurt me with the truth. Don’t comfort me with a lie.” – Rihanna
23. “They’re gonna keep knocking away until all this comes crashing down. But I’m not gonna ever crash. I’m in control.” – Rihanna
24. “All you need to do is help one person, expecting nothing in return. To me, that is a humanitarian.” – Rihanna
25. “Ask God for forgiveness, and leave your regrets in the past.” – Rihanna
26. “I always believed that when you follow your heart or your gut, when you really follow the things that feel great to you, you can never lose, because settling is the worst feeling in the world.” – Rihanna
27. “God just has a way of working things out the way he wants to and you have no say in that.” – Rihanna
28. “I’m crazy, and I don’t pretend to be anything else.” – Rihanna
29. “If you don’t live your life, then who will?” – Rihanna
30. “I play by my own rules so please think twice before you step into my life.” – Rihanna
31. “For the first time, I don’t want to get rid of the curves. My body is comfortable, it’s not unhealthy, so I’m going to rock with it.” – Rihanna
32. “I’m just me. I don’t feel a reason to change.” – Rihanna
33. “I could never identify with that word, ‘weak.'” – Rihanna
34. “I never play the victim, I’d rather be the stalker.” – Rihanna
35. “I like to feel like a woman. I have to be in control in every other aspect of my life, so I feel like in a relationship, like I wanted to be able to take a step back and have somebody else take the lead.” – Rihanna
36. “I’m a cool ass female, so if a bitch dislike me its because her friends don’t, her nigga do, or shes just jealous.” – Rihanna
37. “Life’s too short to be sitting round miserable. People gonna talk whether you doing bad or good.” – Rihanna
38. “I’m moving forward in life only way i’m looking back is if it’s my ass in the mirror.” – Rihanna
39. “Be a girl with a mind, a bitch with an attitude, a lady with class.” – Rihanna
40. “I don’t ever want to have to depend on a relationship. I want to make sure that I find other things in life that I love besides… love.” – Rihanna
41. “Ain’t got no time for no haters.” – Rihanna
42. “You just want something else that someone else has, but that doesn’t mean what you have isn’t beautiful, because people always want what you have, and you always want what they have – no one is ever 100 per cent like, ‘Yes, I’m the bomb dot com – from head to toe!’” – Rihanna
43. “When the whole worlds turning left, it’s when I’m going right. I need someone to let me be, just who I am inside.” – Rihanna
44. “All my haters so so broke.” – Rihanna
45. “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” – Rihanna
46. “People take the little bit of information they’re fed, and they draw a picture of who you are. Most of the time, it’s wrong.” – Rihanna
47. “I think I’m like most people – we fear the unknown and the things that have yet to come to pass, which are the very things that don’t deserve to be feared. When you give God complete control, it’s very hard not to be fearless.” – Rihanna
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Rihanna quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.