If you’re looking for the best collection of Osho quotes that are packed full of inspirational wisdom then look no further.
Rajneesh, later known as Osho, was an Indian godman, mystic, and founder of the Rajneesh movement.
Osho emphasized the importance of meditation, mindfulness, love, celebration, courage, creativity, and humor—qualities that he viewed as being suppressed by adherence to static belief systems, religious tradition, and socialization.
During his lifetime he was viewed as a controversial new religious movement leader and mystic and while you may not agree with many of his beliefs he did share some messages that you can learn from.
Below you’ll find a collection of most inspirational, wise and thought-provoking Osho quotes and sayings that will enlighten you. Enjoy!
Inspirational Osho Quotes
1. “The greatest fear in the world is the opinion of others, and the moment you are unafraid of the crowd, you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom.” – Osho
2. “Mind: A beautiful servant, a dangerous master.” – Osho
3. “Commit as many mistakes as possible, remembering only one thing: don’t commit the same mistake again. And you will be growing.” – Osho
4. “Life begins where fear ends.” – Osho
5. “Be the person you are. Never try to be another, and you will become mature. Maturity is accepting the cost of being oneself, whatsoever the cost.” – Osho
6. “Find ecstasy within yourself. It is not out there. It is in your innermost flowering. The one you are looking for is you.” – Osho
7. “Darkness is an absence of light. Ego is an absence of awareness.” – Osho
8. “Life repeats itself mindlessly – unless you become mindful, it will go on repeating like a wheel.” – Osho
9. “A certain darkness is needed to see the stars.” – Osho
10. “Don’t seek, don’t search, don’t ask, don’t knock, don’t demand – relax.
If you relax it comes, if you relax it is there. If you relax, you start vibrating with it.” – Osho
11. “Get out of your head and get into your heart. Think less, feel more.” – Osho
12. “Courage is a love affair with the unknown.” – Osho
13. “Be – don’t try to become.” – Osho
14. “What is discipline? Discipline means creating an order within you. As you are, you are a chaos.” – Osho
15. “Don’t try to understand life. Live it! Don’t try to understand love. Move into love. Then you will know and that knowing will come out of your experiencing.” – Osho
16. “To avoid pain, they avoid pleasure. To avoid death, they avoid life.” – Osho
17. “Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny – he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally – you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you.” – Osho
18. “Be realistic: Plan for a miracle.” – Osho
19. “Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it.” – Osho
20th of 77 Osho Quotes
20. “The moment you accept yourself, you become beautiful.” – Osho
21. “To be a happy person, one has to drop all comparison. Drop all these stupid ideas of being superior and inferior. You are neither superior nor inferior. You are simply yourself! There exists no one like you, no one with whom you can be compared. Then, suddenly, you are at home.” – Osho
22. “You need either to create something or to discover something. Either bring your potential to actuality or go inwards to find yourself, but do something with your freedom.” – Osho
23. “If you really want peace on earth, create peace in your heart, in your being. That is the right place to begin with and then spread.” – Osho
24. “If you suffer it is because of you, if you feel blissful it is because of you. Nobody else is responsible – only you and you alone. You are your hell and your heaven too.” – Osho
25. “Nobody has the power to take two steps together; you can take only one step at a time.” – Osho
26. “Nobody can say anything about you. Whatsoever people say is about themselves. But you become very shaky, because you are still clinging to a false center. That false center depends on others, so you are always looking to what people are saying about you.” – Osho
27. “Whatever you feel, you become. It is your responsibility.” – Osho
28. “Be. Don’t try to become. Within these two words, be and becoming, your whole life is contained. Being is enlightenment, becoming is ignorance.” – Osho
29. “If you are a parent, open doors to unknown directions to the child so he can explore. Don’t make him afraid of the unknown, give him support.” – Osho
30. “Be less of a judge and you will be surprised that when you become a witness and you don’t judge yourself, you stop judging others too. And that makes you more human, more compassionate, more understanding.” – Osho
31. “Life in itself has no meaning. Life is an opportunity to create meaning.” – Osho
32. “If you want to learn anything, learn trust – nothing else is needed. If you are miserable, nothing else will help – learn trust. If you don’t feel any meaning in life and you feel meaningless, nothing will help – learn trust. Trust gives meaning because trust makes you capable of allowing the whole descend upon you.” – Osho
33. “You are being taught everything, but you are not being taught to be yourself. This is the ugliest form of society possible, because it makes everybody miserable.” – Osho
34. “Discover yourself, otherwise you have to depend on other people’s opinions who don’t know themselves.” – Osho
35. “A comfortable, convenient life is not a real life – the more comfortable, the less alive. The most comfortable life is in the grave.” – Osho
36. “You will come closer and closer to perfection, but you will never be perfect. Perfection is not the way of existence. Growth is the way.” – Osho
37. “You cannot cling to anything in a changing world.” – Osho
38. “Experience life in all possible ways — good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light, summer-winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become.” – Osho
39. “The past is no more and the future is not yet: both are unnecessarily moving in directions which dont exist. One used to exist, but no longer exists, and one has not even started to exist. The only right person is one who lives moment to moment.” – Osho
40th of 77 Osho Quotes
40. “There is no need of any competition with anybody. You are yourself, and as you are, you are perfectly good. Accept yourself.” – Osho
41. “The less people know, the more stubbornly they know it.” – Osho
42. “Once you have started seeing the beauty of life, ugliness starts disappearing. If you start looking at life with joy, sadness starts disappearing. You cannot have heaven and hell together, you can have only one. It is your choice.” – Osho
43. “The intelligent person depends on his own insight; he trusts his own being. He loves and respects himself.” – Osho
44. “Nobody is superior, nobody is inferior but nobody is equal either. People are simply unique, incomparable. You are you, I am I.” – Osho
45. “Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.” – Osho
46. “Your whole idea is about yourself is borrowed – borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves.” – Osho
47. “I live my life based on two principles. One, I live as if today was my last day on earth. Two, I live today as if I am going to live forever.” – Osho
48. “Don’t be unnecessarily burdened by the past. Go on closing the chapters that you have read, there is no need to go back again and again.” – Osho
49. “The greatest freedom is to be free of our own mind.” – Osho
50. “Yes, I would like you to love yourself, because unless you love yourself you cannot love anybody else. You don’t know what love is if you have not loved yourself.” – Osho
51. “From the very beginning you are being told to compare yourself with others. This is the greatest disease; it is like a cancer that goes on destroying your very soul because each individual is unique, and comparison is not possible.” – Osho
52. “The real question is not whether life exists after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death.” – Osho
53. “Enjoy yourself! If you can’t enjoy yourself at work, change it. Don’t wait!” – Osho
54. “If you cannot enjoy your own company, who else is going to enjoy it?” – Osho
55. “All that is great cannot be possessed – and that is one of the most foolish things man goes on doing. We want to possess.” – Osho
56. “You need power only to do something harmful. Otherwise love is enough, compassion is enough.” – Osho
57. “The more you share your inner wealth, the more you have it.” – Osho
58. “Nobody else can destroy you except you; nobody else can save you except you. You are the Judas and you are the Jesus.” – Osho
59. “Life is a mirror, it reflects your face. Be friendly, and all of life will reflect friendliness.” – Osho
60th of 77 Osho Quotes
60. “You are a great problem-creator. Just understand this and suddenly problems disappear.” – Osho
61. “NOW is the only reality – all else is either memory or imagination.” – Osho
62. “Misery comes the moment you become clinging, attached. The moment you put conditions on life.” – Osho
60.”Whatever you are doing, don’t let past move your mind; don’t let future disturb you. Because the past is no more, and the future is not yet.” – Osho
64. “The ego is an island in the ocean of Hell. You want to get rid of the Hell but you don’t want to get rid of that island. Then there is trouble.” – Osho
65. “You don’t have any problems. Only this much has to be understood. This very moment you can drop all problems because they are your creations.” – Osho
66. “The only thing that matters in life is your own opinion about yourself, nobody can destroy your dignity then, because it is not dependent on anybody’s opinion.” – Osho
Osho Quotes On Love
67. “If you love yourself, you will be surprised: others will love you. Nobody loves a person who does not love himself.” – Osho
68. “Love and respect yourself and never compromise for anything. And then you will be surprised how much growth starts happening of its own accord… as if rocks have been removed and the river has started flowing.” – Osho
69. “Love the person, but give the person total freedom. Love the person, but from the very beginning make it clear that you are not selling your freedom.” – Osho
70. “If you love a person, you accept the total person. With all the defects. Because those defects are a part of the person. Never try to change a person you love, because the very effort to change says that you love half, and the other half of the person is not accepted. When you love, you simply love.” – Osho
71. “Love in its purest form is a sharing of joy. It asks nothing in return, it expects nothing. Love is a spiritual phenomenon; lust is physical. Ego is psychological; love is spiritual.” – Osho
72. “If you love yourself, you love others. If you hate yourself, you hate others.” – Osho
73. “If you love a flower, don’t pick it up. Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.” – Osho
74. “Rather than thinking how to get love, start giving. If you give, you get. Everybody is interested in getting and nobody seems to enjoy giving. Love is not a business, so stop being businesslike.” – Osho
75. “Love is happy when it is able to give something. The ego is happy when it is able to take something.” – Osho
76. “If you work without love, you are working like a slave. When you work with love, you work like an emperor. Your work is your joy, your work is your dance.” – Osho
77. “Real love is not an escape from loneliness, real love is an overflowing aloneness. One is so happy in being alone that one would like to share.” – Osho
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Osho quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
35 Inspirational Robert De Niro Quotes On Success
Welcome to this collection of the best Robert De Niro quotes. Robert De Niro is an American actor, producer, and...
37 Best Al Pacino Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best Al Pacino quotes? Then look no further. In a career spanning over five decades, the legendary...
45 Best Godfather Quotes & Lessons
Welcome to this collection of The Godfather quotes from the book and movies. In case you don’t know, The Godfather...
77 Osho Quotes That Will Enlighten You
If you’re looking for the best collection of Osho quotes that are packed full of inspirational wisdom then look no...
43 Inspirational Ryan Serhant Quotes On Success
If you’re looking for the best Ryan Serhant quotes then look no further. Ryan Serhant is an American actor, real...