Og Mandino (Augustine “Og” Mandino II ) was an American author and speaker who believed everyone was a living miracle, that we have the capacity to be whatever we want to be and that we should all live our lives as such.
He talked about forming good habits, taking action and love to achieve success. He had written over 20 books, selling a total of 50 million copies, with his bestsellers including the likes of The Greatest Salesman In The World and The Greatest Miracle In The World.
I actually wrote The 1 Reason Why You Will Succeed based on reading The Greatest Miracle In The World, because it is one of the most uplifting and inspirational books I’ve ever read.
Below are 47 Og Mandino quotes that will make you better in whatever you choose to be.
47 Og Mandino Quotes
1. “Always render more and better service than is expected of you, no matter what your task may be.” – Og Mandino
2. “One of the great undiscovered joys of life comes from doing everything one attempts to the best of one’s ability.” – Og Mandino
3. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
4. “Tomorrow is only found in the calendar of fools.” – Og Mandino
5. “One of the things is we tend to give up too soon. We get knocked down a couple of times, and we stay down. It’s so important to get back up again.” – Og Mandino
6. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino
7. “Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.” – Og Mandino
8. “Always seek out the seed of triumph in every adversity.” – Og Mandino
9. “Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.” – Og Mandino
10. “Work as though you would live forever, and live as though you would die today. Go another mile!” – Og Mandino
11. “It is those who concentrates on but one thing at a time who advance in this world. The great man or woman is the one who never steps outside his or her specialty or foolishly dissipates his or her individuality.” – Og Mandino
12. “Sound character provides the power with which a person may ride the emergencies of life instead of being overwhelmed by them. Failure is… the highway to success.” – Og Mandino
13. “To be always intending to make a new and better life but never to find time to set about it is as to put off eating and drinking and sleeping from one day to the next until you’re dead.” – Og Mandino
14. “Weak is he who permits his thoughts to control his actions; strong is he who forces his actions to control his thoughts.” – Og Mandino
15. “Never feel shame for trying and failing, for he who never failed is he who never tried.” – Og Mandino
16. “Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all.” – Og Mandino
17. “Remind thyself, in the darkest moments, that every failure is only a step toward success, every detection of what is false directs you toward what is true, every trial exhausts some tempting form of error, and every adversity will only hide, for a time, your path to peace and fulfillment.” – Og Mandino
18. “Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.” – Og Mandino
19. “We first make our habits, and then our habits make us.” – Og Mandino
20. “Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.” – Og Mandino
21. “Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” – Og Mandino
22. “Your only limitations are those you set up in your mind, or permit others to set up for you.” – Og Mandino
23. “The secret of success is to triple your rate of failure.” – Og Mandino
24. “I will not allow yesterday’s success to lull me into today’s complacency, for this is the great foundation of failure.” – Og Mandino
25. “Make yourself so useful to other people, that they think you are irreplaceable.” – Og Mandino
26. “Forget mistakes. Forget failure. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it. Today is your lucky day!” – Og Mandino
27. “Never settle for the crumbs of life.” – Og Mandino
28. “I need not wait for I have the power to choose my own destiny.” – Og Mandino
29. “I will act now. I will act now. I will act now. Henceforth, I will repeat these words each hour, each day, everyday, until the words become as much a habit as my breathing, and the action which follows becomes as instinctive as the blinking of my eyelids. With these words I can condition my mind to perform every action necessary for my success. I will act now. I will repeat these words again and again and again. I will walk where failures fear to walk. I will work when failures seek rest. I will act now for now is all I have. Tomorrow is the day reserved for the labor of the lazy. I am not lazy. Tomorrow is the day when the failure will succeed. I am not a failure. I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person.” – Og Mandino
30. “In truth, the only difference between those who have failed and those who have succeeded lies in the difference of their habits. Good habits are the key to all success. Bad habits are the unlocked door to failure. Thus, the first law I will obey, which precedeth all others is—I will form good habits and become their slave.” – Og Mandino
31. “I will make love my greatest weapon and none on who I call can defend against its force… My love will melt all hearts liken to the sun whose rays soften the coldest day.” – Og Mandino
32. “You can’t conquer reality by running away from it.” – Og Mandino
33. “Whenever you make a mistake or get knocked down by life, don’t look back at it too long. Mistakes are life’s way of teaching you. Your capacity for occasional blunders is inseparable from your capacity to reach your goals. No one wins them all, and your failures, when they happen, are just part of your growth. Shake off your blunders. How will you know your limits without an occasional failure? Never quit. Your turn will come.” – Og Mandino
34. “All the gold in the world cannot buy a dying man one more breath – so what does that make today worth?” – Og Mandino
35. “So long as there is breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles on success; if I persist long enough I will win.” – Og Mandino
36. “What is past is past. You can do nothing about yesterday and last month and the failures of last year, but you can do everything toward making tomorrow and the rest of your life what you always dreamed it could be.” – Og Mandino
37. “Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again.” – Og Mandino
38. “I will remove from my vocabulary such words and phrases as quit, cannot, unable, impossible, out of the question, improbable, failure, unworkable, hopeless, and retreat; for they are the words of fools.” – Og Mandino
39. “The weakest living creature, by concentrating his powers on a single object, can accomplish good results while the strongest, by dispersing his effort over many chores, may fail to accomplish anything.” – Og Mandino
40. “My dreams are worthless, my plans are dust, my goals are impossible. All are of no value unless they are followed by action.” – Og Mandino
41. “You will move in the direction you are facing.” – Og Mandino
42. “Act now, for now is all you have.” – Og Mandino
43. “You are not here to fritter away your precious hours when you have the ability to accomplish so much by making a slight change in your routine.” – Og Mandino
44. “Remember that no talent, no self-denial, no brains, no character, are required to set up in the fault-finding business. Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it.” – Og Mandino
45. “True security lies not in the things one has, but in the things one can do without.” – Og Mandino
46. “Always let your reach exceed your grasp.” – Og Mandino
47. “Never hide behind busy work. It takes just as much energy to fail as it does to succeed.” – Og Mandino
Did you find these Og Mandino Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Og Mandino quotes then please share this post to help motivate and inspire others.
77 Frank Zappa Quotes On Life, Government & Music
Looking for the best collection of Frank Zappa quotes? Then look no further. Frank Zappa was an American musician, composer,...
101 Vince Lombardi Quotes To Win The Game Of Life
This collection of famous Vince Lombardi quotes is packed with wisdom from one of the greatest coaches and leaders in...
78 Abraham Maslow Quotes To Max Out Your Potential
If you’re looking to make the most of you potential then this collection of Abraham Maslow quotes will inspire and...
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...