33 Famous Coco Chanel Quotes To Be Successful
Coco Chanel was a French fashion designer and businesswoman. She was the founder and namesake of the Chanel brand.
Gabrielle Bonheur “Coco” Chanel lived a spectacular life, and not just because she created one of the most iconic fashion brands in history. From being raised in an orphanage, she started her career as singer in Paris cafes before eventually turning to design.
While today the Chanel fashion brand is as solid as bedrock, it also experienced adversity early on – Coco Chanel was forced to shutter the business entirely during World War II, and only re-entered the world of fashion in 1954 when she was 71 years old.
She was an inspirational woman that has a lot of wisdom to offer those seeking success. Below are the best Coco Chanel quotes for exactly that. Enjoy!
Inspirational Coco Chanel Quotes
1. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
2. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
3. “There are people who have money and people who are rich.” – Coco Chanel
4. “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
5. “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” – Coco Chanel
6. “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.” – Coco Chanel
7. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.” – Coco Chanel
8. “The best things in life are free. The second-best are very expensive.” – Coco Chanel
9. “Fashion changes, but style endures.” – Coco Chanel
10. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” – Coco Chanel
11. “Dress like you are going to meet your worst enemy today.” – Coco Chanel
12. “Elegance is refusal.” – Coco Chanel
13. “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.” – Coco Chanel
14. “I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little—if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.” – Coco Chanel
15. “I don’t do fashion, I am fashion.” – Coco Chanel
16. “You live but once; you might as well be amusing.” – Coco Chanel
17. “I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.” – Coco Chanel
18. “Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity.” – Coco Chanel
19. “I am not young but I feel young. The day I feel old, I will go to bed and stay there. J’aime la vie! I feel that to live is a wonderful thing.” – Coco Chanel
20. “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
21. “Since everything is in our heads, we had better not lose them.” – Coco Chanel
22. “How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.” – Coco Chanel
23. “Gentleness doesn’t get work done unless you happen to be a hen laying eggs.” – Coco Chanel
24. “The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.” – Coco Chanel
25. “My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.” – Coco Chanel
26. “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.” – Coco Chanel
27. “You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.” – Coco Chanel
28. “Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside.” – Coco Chanel
29. “Keep your standards high.” – Coco Chanel
30. “Whoever said money can’t buy happiness didn’t know where to go shopping.” – Coco Chanel
31. “If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing.” – Coco Chanel
32. “Care about your heart and soul first.” – Coco Chanel
33. “Those who create are rare.” – Coco Chanel
Did you find these Coco Chanel Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Coco Chanel quotes then please share this post to help motivate and inspire others.