Michael Phelps is an American former competitive swimmer and the most decorated Olympian of all time with a total of 28 medals. Phelps also holds the all-time records for Olympic gold medals (23), and the gold medals in individual events (13).
After the 2008 Summer Olympics, Phelps started the Michael Phelps Foundation, which focuses on growing the sport of swimming and promoting healthier lifestyles.
Michael Phelps attributes a lot of his success to hard work, mental and physical preparation and is well known to be an advocate of goal setting and visualisation to achieve his goals, something you’ll see echoed in the quotes by Michael Phelps below.
I’ve put together the best Michael Phelps quotes to serve as inspiration and show you that anything is possible if you use your imagination.
37 Inspirational Michael Phelps Quotes
1. “I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time.” – Michael Phelps
2. “I can only control my own performance. If I do my best, then I can feel good at the end of the day.” – Michael Phelps
3. “If you want to be the best, you have to do things that other people aren’t willing to do.” – Michael Phelps
4. “I can’t remember the last day I didn’t train.” – Michael Phelps
5. “I wouldn’t say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and you put the work and time into it. I think your mind really controls everything.” – Michael Phelps
6. “I like to just think of myself as a normal person who just has a passion, has a goal and a dream and goes out and does it. And that’s really how I’ve always lived my life.” – Michael Phelps
7. “The more you dream the more you achieve.” – Michael Phelps
8. “I want to be able to look back and say, ‘I’ve done everything I can, and I was successful.’ I don’t want to look back and say I should have done this or that.” – Michael Phelps
9. “I found something I love… And never gave up.” – Michael Phelps
10. “Things won’t go perfect. It’s all about how you adapt from those things and learn from mistakes.” – Michael Phelps
11. “If you say “can’t” you’re restricting what you can do or ever will do.” – Michael Phelps
12. “You have to have a dream so that you can get up in the morning.” – Michael Phelps
13. “You can’t put a limit to anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps
14. “I knew I was not a failure in any way, and so did those close to me. It doesn’t matter if you fall short; it is never a failure to go after goals with everything you’ve got.” – Michael Phelps
15. “There are always going to be obstacles that come in your way, STAY POSITIVE.” – Michael Phelps
16. “So many people along the way, whatever it is you aspire to do, will tell you it can’t be done. But all it takes is imagination. You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps
17. “When I feel tired, I just think about how great I will feel, once I finally reach my goal.” – Michael Phelps
18. “It doesn’t matter what else is going on. When you walk into your arena or you – whatever you excel at. You’re there to take care of the job that you have to do.” – Michael Phelps
19. “If you’re not serious about training, conditioning, and practice. You’re not serious about being your best.” – Michael Phelps
20. “Perseverance, determination, commitment, and courage – those things are real. The desire for redemption drives you.” – Michael Phelps
21. “The one thing that’s common to all successful people. They make a habit of doing things that unsuccessful people don’t like to do.” – Michael Phelps
22. “Dream as big as you can dream, and anything is possible.” – Michael Phelps
23. “Records are always made to be broken no matter what they are. Anybody can do anything that they set their mind to.” – Michael Phelps
24. “Nothing is impossible. With so many people saying it couldn’t be done, all it takes is an imagination.” – Michael Phelps
25. “I think with practice, you can be whatever you want to be, and with a goal you can go in any direction that you want to go in.” – Michael Phelps
26. “If you’re not on your game every day you’re gonna get smoked.” – Michael Phelps
27. “My mum and I joke that I had a middle school teacher who said I’d never be successful.” – Michael Phelps
28. “I have had extreme ups and downs. The biggest thing I learned after I broke my wrist is to never give up. Nothing in life will ever come easy. It depends on how you deal with those obstacles and how you overcome those obstacles. If you can overcome them, you’re a stronger person. If you make mistakes along the way, as long as you never make that same mistake again, you’re a successful person.” – Michael Phelps
29. “There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work…there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps
30. “Our time on Earth is already short enough. For me, it’s like every single day I try to be as happy as I can. It’s crazy to think about. We never have enough time. That’s always the thing. We always want to do more. So it’s about being able to spend time on the things that are most important to you. Life is a lot easier that way, and obviously life is pretty difficult a lot of the time.” – Michael Phelps
31. “If you put your mind to anything that you dream, you can achieve it.” – Michael Phelps
32. “Anything is possible as long as you want it, you work for it. Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks, the only person that can really put pressure on you is yourself.” – Michael Phelps
33. “Nobody is going to put a limit on what I’m doing.” – Michael Phelps
34. “When you use your imagination anything can happen.” – Michael Phelps
35. “When I’m focused, there is not one single thing, person, anything that can stand in the way of my doing something. There is not. If I want something bad enough, I feel I’m gonna get there.” – Michael Phelps
36. “Things can change in the blink of an eye!” – Michael Phelps
37. “It’s not how you start, but it’s how you finish.” – Michael Phelps
Did you find these Michael Phelps Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Michael Phelps quotes then please share this post to help motivate and inspire others.
57 Best The Matrix Quotes That Will Wake You Up
Looking for the best quotes from The Matrix movie? Then look no further. The movie, starring Keanu Reeves as Thomas...
101 Tim Ferriss Quotes That Will Make You Successful
If you’re looking for the best collection of Tim Ferriss quotes then look no further. Tim Ferriss is an American...
101 Hal Elrod Quotes To Make Each Day A Miracle
If you’re looking for the best collection of Hal Elrod quotes then look no further. Hal Elrod is one of...
77 Best Donald Trump Quotes On Business & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Donald Trump quotes on business and success then you’re at the right...
77 Famous Voltaire Quotes That Will Enlighten You
If you’re looking for the best collection of Voltaire quotes then look no further. François-Marie Arouet, known by his pen...