Looking for the best Mr. Miyagi quotes and wisdom? Then look no further.
Mr. Miyagi was is an iconic fictional character played by Japanese American actor Pat Morita.
In the original Karate Kid movies, Mr. Miyagi is karate master who mentors Daniel LaRusso, portrayed by Ralph Macchio and in The Next Karate Kid, Julie Pierce portrayed by Hilary Swank.
I was a huge fan of the original 80’s movie and it’s still one I can enjoy watching even today. Mr. Miyagi was probably the kind of neighbor we all wish we had growing up. Not only did he know how to fix pretty much everything and prune Bonsai trees, but he also had a cool collection of classic cars and was a karate master.
While Mr. Miyagi’s popularity has stood the test of time for over three decades, he has gained new fame through the hit Netflix series Cobra Kai.
Mr. Miyagi was full of timeless wisdom and good advice to live a balanced life. Below you’ll find the best Mr. Miyagi quotes from the Karate Kid.
25 Famous Mr. Miyagi Quotes
1. “It’s OK to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear.” – Mr. Miyagi
2. “No such thing as bad student, only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do.” – Mr. Miyagi
3. “You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.” – Mr. Miyagi
4. “Better learn balance. Balance is key. Balance good, karate good. Everything good. Balance bad, better pack up, go home. Understand?” – Mr. Miyagi
5. “For man with no forgiveness in heart, living even worse punishment than death.” – Mr. Miyagi
6. “First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature rule Daniel-San, not mine.” – Mr. Miyagi
7. “Walk on road, hmm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later…get squish just like grape.” – Mr. Miyagi
8. “Win lose no matter, you make good fight, earn respect, then nobody bother.” – Mr. Miyagi
9. “Never put passion in front of principle, even if you win, you’ll lose.” – Mr. Miyagi
10. “To make honey, young bee need young flower, not old prune.” – Mr. Miyagi
11. “Just remember, license never replace eye, ear, and brain.” – Mr. Miyagi
12. “The answer is only important if you ask the right question” – Mr. Miyagi
13. “Only root karate come from Miyagi. Just like bonsai choose own way grow because root strong you choose own way do karate same reason.” – Mr. Miyagi
14. “If come from inside you, always right one.” – Mr. Miyagi
15. “Whole life have a balance. Everything be better.” – Mr. Miyagi
16. “Daniel-San, lie become truth only if person want to believe it.” – Mr. Miyagi
17. “Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off.” – Mr. Miyagi (The significance of this Mr. Miyagi quote is to master the fundamentals.)
18. “If karate used defend honor, defend life, karate mean something. If karate used defend plastic metal trophy, karate no mean nothing.” – Mr. Miyagi
19. “Man who catch fly with chopstick, accomplish anything.” – Mr. Miyagi
20. “Daniel-San, you look revenge that way, start by digging two graves.” – Mr. Miyagi
21. “Either you karate do “yes” or karate do “no.” You karate do “guess so,” (get squished) just like grape.” – Mr. Miyagi
22. “Remember, best block no be there.” – Mr. Miyagi
23. “You stay focused.” – Mr. Miyagi
24. “Don’t forget to breathe, very important.” – Mr. Miyagi
25. “Fighting always last answer to problem.” – Mr. Miyagi
Miyagisms Video: Mr. Miyagi Quotes and Sayings
Did you like these inspirational quotes from The Karate Kid?
What is your favorite Mr. Miyagi quote? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...
101 Marianne Williamson Quotes That Will Enlighten You
Looking for the best Marianne Williamson quotes? Marianne Williamson is an American author, spiritual leader, political candidate and activist. She...
Fear-setting: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals
Fear-setting is an exercise that Tim Ferriss swears by. The bestselling author of The 4 Hour Work Week says he...
Top 5 Lessons Learned After She Read 500 Self-Help Books
If you’re looking for inspiration then these days no one is suffering from a shortage of self-help reading material out...