Kevin Harrington is an American entrepreneur best known for being an original investor on the TV show Shark Tank and founder of As Seen On TV.
If you’re looking for some great advice from someone with true entrepreneurial spirit then these Kevin Harrington quotes are an essential read. Hope you like them!
35 Kevin Harrington Quotes
1. “In business, growing fast is a pleasure; growing too fast can be a curse.” – Kevin Harrington
2. “Being born into poverty does not mean you are condemned to spend the rest of your life in poverty.” – Kevin Harrington
3. “Some people take life as it comes; some grab it by the ears and shake and shake.” – Kevin Harrington
4. “Plenty of my friends from wealthy families had cars, but they were all bought for them by Daddy. Driving out of the showroom with a car I bought from my own earnings was a very proud moment in my life. But there was more to it than simply patting myself on the back. It was as if the skies had opened. If I could buy a car at age sixteen with my own money, it seemed like a promise that I could achieve almost anything I set my mind to. What a sense of exhilaration and empowerment!” – Kevin Harrington
5. “By the end of my first year in business, my new company had a staff of twenty-five employees, and we had sold $1 million worth of air conditioners and furnaces. I was nineteen years old.” – Kevin Harrington
6. “You only stay in front by coming up with ideas your new competitors haven’t thought of yet.” – Kevin Harrington
7. “Sometimes you just don’t know what your market is until you try.” – Kevin Harrington
8. “In a hot new industry, even the guy who starts out as the innovator and leader soon beings to feel the hounds nipping at his heels.” – Kevin Harrington
9. “Whatever business you are in, never stop looking for the next hot deal.” – Kevin Harrington
10. “You’ve got to commit to doing it right.” – Kevin Harrington
11. “Never give up operational control.” – Kevin Harrington
12. “Act Now!” – Kevin Harrington
13. “When I did a sales call and the customer would say, ‘I can’t afford it,’ I would say, ‘No problem; what can you afford? Can you afford $48 a month for forty-eight months? And I would write them up that night. We would take their credit application, finance it at a local bank, and the bank would pay us cash.” – Kevin Harrington
14. “If you plan to build a big business with another person, spend the time – and the legal fees – to work out every detail of the agreement. Dot every i and cross every t. And never enter an important deal without spelling out an exit strategy that lets either of you terminate the arrangement and lays out the terms of the split.” – Kevin Harrington
15. “When I was starting out, being a young entrepreneur was not fashionable. Parents would ask, ‘When are you going to get a real job?’” – Kevin Harrington
16. “I traded a crowd of friends and an active social life for an eighty-hour workweek and no time for meeting people.” – Kevin Harrington
17. “Envy can be a compliment.” – Kevin Harrington
18. “You need a good product, a good story, and a good pitch.” – Kevin Harrington
19. “The pitch is the essence of the deal.” – Kevin Harrington
20. “We say, ‘Life’s a pitch, and then they buy.’” – Kevin Harrington
21. “I believe very strongly in the value of connecting with other people who share similar business problems and challenges, and with people who have already walked some of the paths you are now walking.” – Kevin Harrington
22. “I believe that anyone with drive and vision – anyone – can achieve success…” – Kevin Harrington
23. “By almost any measure, I have been incredibly successful, yet it’s been anything but a smooth journey.” – Kevin Harrington
24. “We test before we invest.” – Kevin Harrington
25. “The best way to pitch an idea to an investor is to tell the investor how they’re going to get their money back. A lot of people forget that the investor has other places to invest their money.” – Kevin Harrington
26. “You have to convince an investor that you are a safe risk number 1. Number 2 you have to give him a plan that shows him how after he puts the money up how he’s going to get his money back and a return on his investment.” – Kevin Harrington
27. “My education was from the school of hard knocks…” – Kevin Harrington
28. “The last thing you want to do is to come out with this great idea, show the world – and then have no money to do it.” – Kevin Harrington
29. “I’ve had 20 products that have done over $100 million in sales…” – Kevin Harrington
30. “Napoleon Hill’s ‘Think and Grow Rich’ was one of my big one’s way back.” – Kevin Harrington
31. “Never too young!” – Kevin Harrington
32. “Nothing turns off an investor more than when an entrepreneur comes in with a ridiculous valuation.” – Kevin Harrington
33. “I have seen entrepreneurs ask for hundreds of millions of dollars on a concept and try to sell because of ‘their passion’ for an idea. If the idea is that good, why wouldn’t I cut you out and hire someone who is just as passionate for much, much less?” – Kevin Harrington
34. “One of the big problems entrepreneurs run into is they get too comfortable.” – Kevin Harrington
35. “Be patient. Be determined. Be persistent. It will require hard work. There will be doubters. But, when you reach your dream, it’s well worth it.” – Kevin Harrington
Did you find these Kevin Harrington Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Kevin Harrington quotes then please share this post to help and inspire others.
47 Inspirational Scarlett Johansson Quotes
If you’re looking for the best collection of Scarlett Johansson quotes then look no further. Scarlett Johansson is an American...
37 Jennifer Lawrence Quotes About Life & Success
This collection of Jennifer Lawrence quotes about life and success will inspire you to embrace who you are. Jennifer Lawrence...
37 Jennifer Aniston Quotes That Will Empower You
If you’re looking for the best collection of inspirational Jennifer Aniston quotes then look no further. Jennifer Aniston is an...
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...