This collection of Kendrick Lamar quotes show exactly why he is one of the most inspirational and influential figures in music today.
Born and raised in Compton CA, Kendrick Lamar comes from a neighborhood where rap legends such as Dr. Dre, Snoop Dog, and Ice Cube started. Lamar developed an interest in music from an early age and released his first mixtape at the age of 16. Shortly after amassing an online following and working with several big-name artists he launched his first studio album, Section.80, in 2011.
As a rapper, songwriter, and producer, Kendrick Lamar has received much praise for his immense talent and skills with many critics and contemporaries regarding him as one of the most important and influential rappers of his generation, and as one of the greatest rappers of all time.
He has received many accolades over the course of his career, including 13 Grammy Awards and the Pulitzer Prize for Music, making him the first rapper in history to win the award. In 2016, Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Despite his success, he maintains a humble attitude focusing on mastering his craft & becoming a better person.
Below you’ll find the best Kendrick Lemar quotes and lyrics on life, love, music and success which I hope help you to ignite your passion and follow your dreams.
Inspirational Kendrick Lamar Quotes
1. “Live your life, live it right. Be different, do different things.” – Kendrick Lamar
2. “Life will put many red lights in front of you, but sometimes we must push on the gas and trust god.” – Kendrick Lamar
3. “Look at me, I’m a loser, I’m a winner, I’m good, I’m bad. I’m a sinner, I’m a killer. What I’m doing, I’m saying that I’m human.” – Kendrick Lamar
4. “I’d rather not live like there isn’t a god, then die and find out there really is. Think about it.” – Kendrick Lamar
5. “Don’t you know your imperfections is a blessing.” – Kendrick Lamar
6. “We hurt people that love us, love people that hurt us.” – Kendrick Lamar
7. “If I speak the good into existence, that instant my dreams will unlock, money flow like water, I’ll just wait at the dock.” – Kendrick Lamar
8. “It’s easy to forget who you are.” – Kendrick Lamar
9. “But what love got to do with it when you don’t love yourself?” – Kendrick Lamar
10. “Sometimes you just need to distance yourself from people… if they care, they’ll notice. If they don’t, you know where you stand.” – Kendrick Lamar
11. “The message I’m sending to myself – I can’t change the world until I change myself first.” – Kendrick Lamar
12. “My whole thing is to inspire, to better people, to better myself forever in this thing that we call rap, this thing that we call hip hop.” – Kendrick Lamar
13. “It’s a great, great experience to finally get the reception that you know you rightfully deserve.” – Kendrick Lamar
14. “The worst part of success is, to me, adapting to it. It’s scary.” – Kendrick Lamar
15. “People gonna be they own individuals and have they own worlds and I can’t knock it.” – Kendrick Lamar
16. “From the moment I started writing raps, I was always aware of the pressure. I always wanted to live up to how huge Snoop got, how huge Dre got, how huge Pac got. I was always aware.” – Kendrick Lamar
17. “Take advantage. Do your best, don’t stress. You was granted everything inside this planet, anything you imagine, you possess.” – Kendrick Lamar
18. “Ya’ll don’t want me to win. I’m tryna follow dreams, you want me to follow trends.” – Kendrick Lamar
19. “Just let me be me, That’s the only way I know.” – Kendrick Lamar
20. “I live this life at a pace that anyone can go. Know your place, and dedicate your role…To the faith that you’ll die alone.” – Kendrick Lamar
21. “Mark my word, I’m a make my mark, even when they start their martial Law. Even when these martians alienate, my mental state is still at heart.” – Kendrick Lamar
22. “I got a greater purpose. God put something in my heart to get across and that’s what I’m going to focus on, using my voice as an instrument and doing what needs to be done.” – Kendrick Lamar
23. “I ain’t a drinker I’m a thinker, call it what you want.” – Kendrick Lamar
24. “My word will never be as strong as God’s word. All I am is just a vessel, doing His work.” – Kendrick Lamar
25. “The best thing is to always keep honest people around, because when you have a bunch of yes men around that know that you’re making a mistake but let you go on with it, that’s when it ruins your mind state as an artist.” – Kendrick Lamar
26. “We all get distracted, the question is, would you bounce back or bounce backwards?” – Kendrick Lamar
27. “We’re all human at the end of the day, making mistakes. But learn from them is the key.” – Kendrick Lamar
28. “As long as my music is real, it’s no limit to how many ears I can grab.” – Kendrick Lamar
29. “We look so much on color that we forget about the soul.” – Kendrick Lamar
30. “I look at where I’m at today and realize that most of my success is owed to the mentors that was in my life.” – Kendrick Lamar
31. “The hardest thing for – not only an artist but for anybody to do is look themselves in the mirror and acknowledge, you know, their own flaws and fears and imperfections and put them out there in the open for people to relate to it.” – Kendrick Lamar
32. “People have to go through trials and tribulations to get where they at. Do your thing – continue to rock it – because obviously, God wants you here.” – Kendrick Lamar
33. “I’m only as good as my last word, my last hook, my last bridge.” – Kendrick Lamar
34. “When you go on your Twitter or look down your Timeline and it’s all great positivity – I love that. But at the same time, it can really divert you from what your purpose is or what you’re trying to do. And I’ve seen artists get caught up in that.” – Kendrick Lamar
35. “Being acknowledged for your work is always a great accomplishment, whether it’s people in my city, kids in the street, all the way up to the Grammys.” – Kendrick Lamar
36. “We’re all put on this earth to walk in His image, the Master.” – Kendrick Lamar
37. “I’ve been called a recluse. There’s definitely truth in that. I like to spend time alone.” – Kendrick Lamar
38. “Since day one, since the first time I touched the pen, I wanted to be the best at what I do.” – Kendrick Lamar
39. “Forgiving is easy. Trusting again, not so much.” – Kendrick Lamar
40. “When you give up it means you never wanted it.” – Kendrick Lamar
41. “My moms always told me, ‘How long you gonna play the victim?’ I can say I’m mad and I hate everything, but nothing really changes until I change myself.” – Kendrick Lamar
42. “Love is not just a verb. It’s you looking in the mirror.” – Kendrick Lamar
43. “You can’t have people listen to you unless you come to their world and then bring them to yours.” – Kendrick Lamar
44. “I was a black sheep, but now I’m just a goat.” – Kendrick Lamar
45. “Tough times don’t last but tough people do.” – Kendrick Lamar
46. “Whatever pressure I feel all comes from me, from within. I always was that person who was hard on myself and challenged myself no matter what I was doing, whether it was passing third grade or playing basketball.” – Kendrick Lamar
47. “Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs.” – Kendrick Lamar
48. “Don’t wait until it’s too late, you might not get another chance.” – Kendrick Lamar
49. “To expose yourself even more, to have that closer connection with another human and have them relate to it. Y’know it’s not easy telling your truth and things that you fear… But I know at the end of the day the music is not for me. It’s for somebody else that’s going through a fucked-up day to listen to and progress in their lives.” – Kendrick Lamar
50. “It’s fascinating to me how far an idea can go.” – Kendrick Lamar
51. “I find myself to be quite confident as a person but you’re going to have that piece of doubt in the back of your head because we’re human. We all have it. It’s just I like to address it and not keep it bottled in, because I don’t know what it could turn into.” – Kendrick Lamar
52. “I want the credit if I’m losin’ or I’m winnin’.” – Kendrick Lamar
53. “The sky is falling, the wind is calling, stand for something, or die in the morning.” – Kendrick Lamar
54. “This is truly a blessing from a higher power, and as long as I understand that, there’s really no limitations to what I can do.” – Kendrick Lamar
55. “You don’t need dollars to make you feel like you have a place in this world.” – Kendrick Lamar
56. “I don’t just wanna be a popular person, I want my music to always live because that’s what’s gonna drive your legacy.” – Kendrick Lamar
57. “Who need a hero? You need a hero, look in the mirror, there go your hero.” – Kendrick Lamar
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Kendrick Lamar quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
37 Jennifer Aniston Quotes That Will Empower You
If you’re looking for the best collection of inspirational Jennifer Aniston quotes then look no further. Jennifer Aniston is an...
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...
Top 21 Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
Looking for the best Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Then look no further! While some may consider the Matrix to...
127 David Goggins Quotes To Be Successful
Looking for the best collection of David Goggins quotes? Then look no further! David Goggins is a man who was...