37 Keanu Reeves Quotes On Life, Love & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Keanu Reeves quotes then look no further.
Arguably the world’s most beloved actor, he stands out in Hollywood for his kindness, compassion, humbleness and down to earth personality.
He gained fame for his starring roles in several blockbuster films, including comedies from the Bill and Ted franchise; action thrillers Point Break, Speed, and the John Wick franchise; psychological thriller The Devil’s Advocate; and science fiction/action series The Matrix.
Keanu Reeves has earned critical acclaim for his acting and in particular, his versatility yet despite his achievements and success his fans and the general public love him for being very much his own man and going against the grain of what famous people are supposed to do.
Despite having a net worth of over $100 million, Reeves doesn’t live in mansions, he doesn’t have security, he uses the public subway and lives a very normal life that the majority of people can relate to.
He has suffered a lot of tragedy in his life including his father walking out of his life when he was 3 years old, struggling with his education, the death of his best friend, his daughter born stillborn, his partner dying shortly after and his sister battling leukemia.
Keanu Reeves has battled depression and won and he has an extraordinary mindset. As you’ll see from the Keanu Reeves quotes below he has an inspirational and empowering way of looking at the world.
Inspirational Keanu Reeves Quotes
1. “None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.” – Keanu Reeves
2. “I was raised to treat people exactly how I would like to be treated by others. It’s called respect.” – Keanu Reeves
3. “If you have been brutally broken but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with a heart of an angel.” – Keanu Reeves
4. “You have to change your life if you’re not happy, and wake up if things aren’t going the way you want.” – Keanu Reeves
5. “Grief changes shape but it never ends.” – Keanu Reeves
6. “Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to take the time out to enjoy the beauty in life.” – Keanu Reeves
7. “The person who was holding me back from my happiness was me.” – Keanu Reeves
8. “Money doesn’t mean anything to me. I’ve made a lot of money, but I want to enjoy life and not stress myself building my bank account. I give lots away and live simply, mostly out of a suitcase in hotels. We all know that good health is much more important.” – Keanu Reeves
9. “When I don’t feel free and can’t do what I want, I just react. I go against it.” – Keanu Reeves
10. “Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you stronger.” – Keanu Reeves
11. “The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way.” – Keanu Reeves
12. “Art is about trying to find the good in people and making the world a more compassionate place.” – Keanu Reeves
13. “Even in the face of tragedy, a stellar person can thrive. No matter what’s going on in your life, you can overcome it! Life is worth living.” – Keanu Reeves
14. “Sometimes enemies are our best teachers, people can learn from their mistakes, destruction sometimes means rebirth.” – Keanu Reeves
15. “Tomorrow isn’t guaranteed, so live today!” – Keanu Reeves
16. “The recognition of the law of cause and effect, also known as karma, is a fundamental key to understand how you’ve created your world, with actions of your body, speech, and mind. When you truly understand karma, then you realize you are responsible for everything in your life. It is incredibly empowering to know that your future is in your hands.” – Keanu Reeves (This is one of my favorite Keanu Reeves quotes. What’s yours?)
17. “Sometimes simple things are the most difficult things to achieve.” – Keanu Reeves
18. “Multi-culture is the real culture of the world — a pure race doesn’t exist.” – Keanu Reeves
19. “Energy can’t be created or destroyed, and energy flows. It must be in a direction, with some kind of internal, emotive, spiritual direction. It must have some effect somewhere.” – Keanu Reeves
20. “Try to be wrong once in a while, it’ll do your ego good.” – Keanu Reeves
21. “Our dreams can teach us, instruct us, confuse us, sometimes I think they look to be considered. They are an opportunity and I think they most certainly could be utilized to focus, to try and achieve — whether it’s looking for someone, or influencing us, or inspiring us.” – Keanu Reeves
22. “I thank the earth and the sky every day for the opportunities I’ve had.” – Keanu Reeves
23. “Sometimes I go out and hear people talk about irrelevant things and then I tell myself this is why I don’t go out.” – Keanu Reeves
24. “Mortality is very different when you’re 20 to when you’re 50.” – Keanu Reeves
25. “Positive energy brings good feelings, and dark energy often means harm. But the destruction in dark energy is also a subtle aspect of construction, like how even forest fires have their benefits. Sometimes enemies are our best teachers, people can learn from their mistakes, destruction sometimes means rebirth.” – Keanu Reeves
26. “Nothing ever truly dies. The universe wastes nothing, everything is simply transformed.” – Keanu Reeves
27. “It’s a cliche that money doesn’t buy you happiness, but it does buy you the freedom to live your life the way you want.” – Keanu Reeves
28. “Kissing someone is pretty intimate, actually very intimate, and your heart always kind of skips a beat before you do that.” – Keanu Reeves
29. “If you can make a woman laugh, you’re seeing the most beautiful thing on God’s earth.” – Keanu Reeves
30. “Falling in love and having a relationship are two different things.” – Keanu Reeves
31. “It’s fun to be hopelessly in love. It’s dangerous, but it’s fun.” – Keanu Reeves
32. “What sort of girls do I like? — They are all angels.” – Keanu Reeves
33. “I will always be in love with love.” – Keanu Reeves
34. “A good date is when you are intoxicated with each other’s company and everything becomes good in the world.” – Keanu Reeves
35. “I believe in love at first sight. You want that connection, and then you want some problems.” – Keanu Reeves
36. “I guess living without love, without experiencing it or being able to give it is pretty strong punishment.” – Keanu Reeves
37. “Most people know me, but don’t know my story. At the age of 3, I watched my father leave. I attended four different high schools and struggled with dyslexia, making my education more challenging than it is for most. Eventually I left high school without earning a diploma. At the age of 23, my closest friend River Phoenix died of a drug overdose. In 1998, I met Jennifer Syme. We fell instantly in love and by 1999, Jennifer was pregnant with our daughter. Sadly, after eight months, our child was born stillborn. We were devastated by her death and it eventually ended our relationship. 18 months later, Jennifer died in a car accident. Since then I avoid serious relationships and having kids. My younger sister had leukemia. Today she is cured, and I donated 70% of my gains from the movie Matrix to Hospitals that treat leukemia. I am one of the only Hollywood stars without a Mansion. I don’t have any bodyguards and do not wear fancy clothes. And even though I’m worth $100 million, I still ride the subway and I love it! So in the end, I think we can all pretty well agree that even in the face of tragedy, a stellar person can thrive. No matter what’s going on in your life, you can overcome it! Life is worth living.” – Keanu Reeves
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Keanu Reeves quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.