Jordan Belfort aka The Wolf Of Wall Street is a bestselling author and motivational speaker.
In the 1990’s Jordan started Stratton Oakmont and at it’s height went on to make $50M in one year. As the owner of Stratton Oakmont, Belfort employed over 1,000 stockbrokers and raised over $1.5 billion and started more than 30 million-dollar-companies from scratch.
What I find most inspiring about Jordan is that despite the fact that he succumbed to the traps of the high flying Wall Street lifestyle and experienced a very public fall from grace, he had the strength of character to learn from his mistakes and turn his life around.
Below I’ve put together 33 of the best Jordan Belfort Quotes on success that will motivate you.
Jordan has a lot of experience you can learn from so please do go through the quotes and start applying his wisdom into your life.
33 Jordan Belfort Quotes
1. “If you want to be rich, never give up. People tend to give up. If you have persistence, you will come out ahead of most people. More importantly, you will learn. When you do something, you might fail. But that’s not because you’re a failure. It’s because you have not learnt enough. Do it differently each time. One day, you will do it right. Failure is your friend.” – Jordan Belfort
2. “No matter what happened to you in your past, you are not your past, you are the resources and the capabilities you glean from it. And that is the basis for all change.” – Jordan Belfort
3. “I want you to deal with your problems by becoming rich.” – Jordan Belfort
4. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort
5. “The easiest way to make money is – create something of such value that everybody wants and go out and give and create value, the money comes automatically.” – Jordan Belfort
6. “When you live your life by poor standards, you inflict damage on everyone who crosses your path, especially those you love.” – Jordan Belfort
7. “Successful people are 100% convinced that they are masters of their own destiny , they’re not creatures of circumstance, they create circumstance, if the circumstances around them suck they change them.” – Jordan Belfort
8. “Winners use words that say ‘must’ and ‘will’.” – Jordan Belfort
9. “I’ve got the guts to die. What I want to know is, have you got the guts to live?” – Jordan Belfort
10. “If you give people a good enough ‘why’, they will always figure out the ‘how’.” – Jordan Belfort
11. “Without action, the best intentions in the world are nothing more than that: intentions.” – Jordan Belfort
12. “There’s no nobility in poverty.” – Jordan Belfort
13. “Act as if! Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and then you’ll surely become rich. Act as if you have unmatched confidence and then people will surely have confidence in you. Act as if you have unmatched experience and then people will follow your advice. And act as if you are already a tremendous success, and as sure as I stand here today – you will become successful.” – Jordan Belfort
14. “I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. Let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed.” – Jordan Belfort
15. “Create a vision that makes you wanna jump out of bed in the morning.” – Jordan Belfort
16. “Playing it safe and taking no risks is a shortcut to poverty.” – Jordan Belfort
17. “If money isn’t everything work at McDonald’s.” – Jordan Belfort
18. “Don’t follow the path. Blaze the trail.” – Jordan Belfort
19. “You grow stronger from failure than you do from success.” – Jordan Belfort
20. “Everything that has happened to you up to this point is irrelevant. It’s your past.” – Jordan Belfort
21. “I believe in total immersion, if you want to be rich, you have to program your mind to be rich. You have to unlearn all the thoughts that were making you poor and replace them with new thoughts – rich thoughts.” – Jordan Belfort
22. “Average fucking sucks.” – Jordan Belfort
23. “If you try and fail, people will praise you for trying. If you fail to even try people will ignore you.” – Jordan Belfort
24. “The story that you tell yourself is exactly what holds you back from being successful.” – Jordan Belfort
25. “I’m constantly asking myself questions. And the problem with that is that your brain is like a computer: If you ask a question, it’s programmed to respond, whether there’s an answer or not. I’m constantly weighing everything in my mind and trying to predict how my actions will influence events.” – Jordan Belfort
26. “Best way to sell something: don’t sell anything. Earn awareness, respect and trust of those who might buy.” – Jordan Belfort
27. “There are always patterns in everything, there are patterns in books, there are patterns in human behavior, there are patterns in success, there are patterns for everything in life. You just need to pay attention to them.” – Jordan Belfort
28. “Dream stompers are people who want to stomp on your hopes and dreams. Lose their phone numbers.” – Jordan Belfort
29. “You need to see things as they are, not worse than they are, than see them better than they are and make them that way.” – Jordan Belfort
30. “Whether you say ‘I can’ or ‘I can’t’ you’re right either way.” – Jordan Belfort
31. “There’s only 1 way to get rich, quick! But not through a get rich quick scheme. There’s a difference.” – Jordan Belfort
32. “Some people say that it’s so hard with the Internet, but I know for a fact that the Internet has made it easier for someone to establish themselves. There’s so much you can do online. If you know how to use it right, the web serves as the great equalizer for someone that’s just getting into business.” – Jordan Belfort
33. “There’s no way to succeed in business without the highest ethical standards.” – Jordan Belfort
Did you find these Jordan Belfort quotes helpful?
If you liked these Jordan Belfort quotes then please share this post to help others. I’d also love to know which Jordan Belfort quote is your favourite. Leave a comment below!
101 Marianne Williamson Quotes That Will Enlighten You
Looking for the best Marianne Williamson quotes? Marianne Williamson is an American author, spiritual leader, political candidate and activist. She...
Fear-setting: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals
Fear-setting is an exercise that Tim Ferriss swears by. The bestselling author of The 4 Hour Work Week says he...
Top 5 Lessons Learned After She Read 500 Self-Help Books
If you’re looking for inspiration then these days no one is suffering from a shortage of self-help reading material out...
50 The Alchemist Quotes To Make You Follow Your Dreams
Looking for the best quotes from The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho? Paulo Coelho’s novel, The Alchemist, is a global phenomenon....
77 Best Cobra Kai Quotes (Seasons 1 – 3)
Looking for the best collection of Cobra Kai quotes? The hit NetFlix show Cobra Kai is one of the most...