Daymond John is an American businessman, investor and motivational speaker.
He is best known as the Founder of FUBU and being an investor on Shark Tank.
Daymond John started the FUBU clothing company in the early 1990’s and it took a strong desire and a lot of hard work, but Daymond John’s success also came through his undeniable business sense and ability to forge the right relationships.
As of today the FUBU brand is valued at $6 Billion and Daymond John’s net worth is an estimated $250M.
Below you’ll find 47 motivational Daymond John Quotes that will help you to be successful as an entrepreneur.
47 Daymond John Quotes
1. “Everyone has an idea, but it’s taking those first steps toward turning that idea into a reality that are always the toughest.” – Daymond John
2. “If people haven’t laughed at your dreams, then you aren’t dreaming big enough, just keep pushing forward.” – Daymond John
3. “Don’t wait for the perfect time, you will wait forever. Always take advantage of the time that you’re given and make it perfect.” – Daymond John
4. “Align yourself with the right people, forge the right relationships and you’ll set yourself up for the long run.” – Daymond John
5. “Learn as many mistakes and what not to do while your business or product is small. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow your brand. Make sure that you and the market can sustain any bumps that may occur down the road.” – Daymond John
6. “Sales cure all.” – Daymond John
7. “The easiest thing to sell is the truth.” – Daymond John
8. “You are born a chooser.” – Daymond John
9. “Mentors by far, are the most important aspects of businesses.” – Daymond John
10. “As an entrepreneur, you never stop learning.” – Daymond John
11. “If I’ve learned one thing in this life it’s this: even if you lose, don’t lose the lesson.” – Daymond John
12. “Make sure you’re doing something that you love, that you’re willing to do for the rest of your life. If you’re doing it for the money, that’s the only thing you won’t make.” – Daymond John
13. “The thing that I’ve learned is, try to make all the mistakes with your own money and on a small level.” – Daymond John
14. “I believe the last thing I read at night will likely manifest when I’m sleeping. You become what you think about the most.” – Daymond John
15. “I do today what people won’t so I achieve tomorrow what other people can’t.” – Daymond John
16. “Success is waking up every day and doing what you want to do.” – Daymond John
17. “Strategic partners are way more important than money.” – Daymond John
18. “A savvy entrepreneur will not always look for investment money, first.” – Daymond John
19. “Product is always king.” – Daymond John
20. “I think it’s only failure if you put the word failure on it. I think it’s part of the process of learning.” – Daymond John
21. “Money is a great slave but horrible master.” – Daymond John
22. “Poor people put a low value on themselves and their efforts.” – Daymond John
23. “My parents always taught me that my day job would never make me rich; it’d be my homework.” – Daymond John
24. “If you aren’t living your dreams then you’re living your fears.” – Daymond John
25. “Being around like-minded people and mentors are the number one reason for success.” – Daymond John
26. “If you don’t educate yourself, you’ll never get out of the starting block because you’ll spend all your money making foolish decisions.” – Daymond John
27. “I’ve failed way more than I’ve succeeded.” – Daymond John
28. “Five days a week, I read my goals before I go to sleep and when I wake up. There are 10 goals around health, family, and business with expiration dates, and I update them every six months.” – Daymond John
29. “Make it. Master it. Matter.” – Daymond John
30. “If you go out there and start making noise and making sales – people will find you. Sales cure all. You can talk about how great your business plan is and how well you are going to do. You can make up your own opinions, but you cannot make up your own facts. Sales cure all.” – Daymond John
31. “I always tried to align myself with strategic partners, friends, and information to help me with the things that I did not know, and ultimately, I made it.” – Daymond John
32. “The things that I’ve learned is, try to make all the mistakes with your own money and on a small level so that when you are responsible for a partner’s money or assets, you’ve learned, and you don’t make bigger mistakes.” – Daymond John
33. “An entrepreneur needs to know what they need, period. Then they need to find an investor who can build off whatever their weaknesses are – whether that’s through money, strategic partnerships or knowledge.” – Daymond John
34. “Good grooming is integral and impeccable style is a must. If you don’t look the part, no one will want to give you time or money.” – Daymond John
35. “No matter what business you’re in, business is business, and financing and money are critical. I would have made a lot fewer mistakes if I had more schooling in that area.” – Daymond John
36. “I believe the last thing I read at night will likely manifest when I’m sleeping. You become what you think about the most.” – Daymond John
37. “The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance.” – Daymond John
38. “Don’t focus on you, focus on what you can give others.” – Daymond John
39. “If you really want something, stop chasing it.” – Daymond John
40. “Life is like business, 20% of what happens to you is 80% of how you react.” – Daymond John
41. “It takes the same energy to think small as it does to think big. So dream big and think bigger.” – Daymond John
42. “In entrepreneurship, you decide to give up your day job at the point where either (A) the hobby/new business is at least making some form of ends meet, or (B) you feel that you need to dedicate yourself for a certain amount of time to it and give yourself the last hoorah.” – Daymond John
43. “I think a great entrepreneur is learning every day. An entrepreneur is somebody that doesn’t take no for an answer – they’re going to figure something out. They also take responsibility. They don’t blame anybody else. And they’re dreamers in one sense but they’re also realistic and they take affordable steps when they can.” – Daymond John
44. “If you don’t know how to do something, find someone who does.” – Daymond John
45. “If you want to do something well, you’ve got to be committed to it. You’ve got to do it fully.” – Daymond John
46. “It’s the basic lesson of starting a company: If you don’t know how to do something, find someone who does.” – Daymond John
47. “I’d keep hearing this line, in the back of my head: if you fail to plan then you plan to fail.” – Daymond John
Did you find these Daymond John quotes helpful?
If you liked these Daymond John quotes then please share this post to help others. I’d also love to know which Daymond John quote is your favourite. Leave a comment below!
37 Jennifer Aniston Quotes That Will Empower You
If you’re looking for the best collection of inspirational Jennifer Aniston quotes then look no further. Jennifer Aniston is an...
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...
Top 21 Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
Looking for the best Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Then look no further! While some may consider the Matrix to...
127 David Goggins Quotes To Be Successful
Looking for the best collection of David Goggins quotes? Then look no further! David Goggins is a man who was...