This collection of Jennifer Lawrence quotes about life and success will inspire you to embrace who you are.
Jennifer Lawrence is an American actress and one of the most successful of the last decade. Lawrence grew in popularity for her starring roles as the mutant Mystique in the X-Men film series (2011–2019) and Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games film series (2012–2015). The latter established her as the highest-grossing action heroine of all time.
Lawrence went on to earn many accolades including the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in the romance film Silver Linings Playbook (2012).
The great thing about Jennifer Lawrence is that while she has experienced enormous success, is a bonified Hollywood A-Lister and one of the highest-paid actresses of all time, she remains down to earth and relatable.
As you’ll see from these inspirational Jennifer Lawrence quotes she has constantly stressed the need for self-acceptance and loving the way you look. I hope you find her quotes empowering and that it helps you to embrace yourself.
Inspirational Jennifer Lawrence Quotes
1. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” – Jennifer Lawrence
2. “I’m a big believer in accepting yourself and not really worrying about it.” – Jennifer Lawrence
3. “Just be strong. Don’t be a follower. Always do the right thing. If you have a choice between the right thing or the wrong thing, always do the right thing. It’s a lot less stressful that way.” – Jennifer Lawrence
4. “Don’t worry about the bitches in school – that could be a good motto, because you come across people like that throughout your life.” – Jennifer Lawrence
5. “People call me fat, but I don’t care. I don’t want to starve myself because I am beautiful the way I am.” – Jennifer Lawrence
6. “I think it’s really important for girls to have people to look up to and to feel good about themselves. I want my body to look fit and strong, not thin and underfed.” – Jennifer Lawrence
7. “You have a choice. You don’t have to be a person who spreads negativity and lies for a living. Let’s just make that choice and—it feels better.” – Jennifer Lawrence
8. “Things happen to you. But they don’t have to happen to your soul.” – Jennifer Lawrence
9. “You look how you look. Be comfortable. What are you going to do? Be hungry every single day to make other people happy? That’s just dumb.” – Jennifer Lawrence
10. “I learned that you can’t have any expectations with life. You never know what’s going to happen.” – Jennifer Lawrence
11. “When you don’t have anybody to take care of you, then you could go both ways: You could do whatever you want, or you could take charge and be your own parent.” – Jennifer Lawrence
12. “A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence and can be tough but fair and kind. And also knows how to get what she wants.” – Jennifer Lawrence
13. “I’m going to do my thing and if you react a certain way – with pity or with anger – that’s up to you.” – Jennifer Lawrence
14. “I don’t know if this is why everything has worked so well and I’m not sure I’d recommend this kind of thinking to anyone else, but I’ve always known I’d be successful in acting. I have certainly worked for it.” – Jennifer Lawrence
15. “Even as far back as when I started acting at 14, I know I’ve never considered failure.” – Jennifer Lawrence
16. “I always knew that I was going to be famous. I honest to God don’t know how else to describe it.” – Jennifer Lawrence
17. “I put in my time; I lived in a rat-infested apartment when I was 14 and I was told ‘No’ many times. I put my blood, sweat and tears into all of this. It’s easy to look from the outside and see my career grew very fast but there was a time before that career when I was working for it and I definitely wouldn’t have wanted that time to go on any longer.” – Jennifer Lawrence
18. “Success doesn’t mean that you’re allowed to work less and treat people like shit.” – Jennifer Lawrence
19. “I just think it should be illegal to call somebody fat on TV because why is humiliating people funny?” – Jennifer Lawrence
20. “I’m doing what I love and then get months and months of rest. I can’t stand it when actors complain.” – Jennifer Lawrence
21. “Why can’t we just be nice? It’s like, we grow up and then we get right back into high school.” – Jennifer Lawrence
22. “In Hollywood, I’m obese. I’m considered a fat actress. I eat like a caveman. I’ll be the only actress that doesn’t have anorexia rumours! I’m never going to starve myself for a part. I’m invincible.” – Jennifer Lawrence
23. “What’s so sad is when we’re younger, if you have a bad parent, that is normal to you and that’s what you think of as healthy.” – Jennifer Lawrence
24. “I think the biggest reason that actors are complete a-holes as soon as they become famous is that they forget that this a job. They think that it’s about them, and it’s not.” – Jennifer Lawrence
25. “I don’t really diet or anything. I’m miserable when I’m dieting and I like the way I look. I’m really sick of all these actresses looking like birds I’d rather look a little chubby on camera and look like a person in real life than looking great on screen and look like a scarecrow in real life.” – Jennifer Lawrence
26. “Everything that we think comes across in our eyes. Our eyes really are the windows to our souls, and that’s why at least I can tell when somebody doesn’t mean what they’re saying – if you just look at them in the eye.” – Jennifer Lawrence
27. “It’s just so bizarre how in this world if you have asthma, you take asthma medication. If you have diabetes, you take diabetes medication. But as soon as you have to take medicine for your mind, it’s such a stigma behind it.” – Jennifer Lawrence
28. “I’m excited to be seen as sexy. But not slutty.” – Jennifer Lawrence
29. “Why would I ever get cocky? I’m not saving anybody’s life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I’m making movies.” – Jennifer Lawrence
30. “You do become more aware of your mortality as you get older. When you’re little, you jump on any wild horse. Then you get a little bit older and realise how fragile life is, and you’re more careful.” – Jennifer Lawrence
31. “I can think of a lot of things that taste better than skinny feels – potatoes, bread, a Philly cheesesteak and fries.” – Jennifer Lawrence
32. “I like the financial security because I know how hard it is for so many people who struggle to earn a living. I’m grateful I don’t have to worry about money and I can live very freely and do something I love and get paid very well to do it. I tell my friends to slap me if they ever think I’m getting full of myself.” – Jennifer Lawrence
33. “I was raised to have value for money, to have respect for money, even though you have a lot of it.” – Jennifer Lawrence
34. “It’s hard for any woman to look at a picture of herself and like it.” – Jennifer Lawrence
35. “I do have big ambitions, but I think we all do. I just want to keep working hard and being happy.” – Jennifer Lawrence
36. “I like when things are hard; I’m very competitive. If something seems difficult or impossible, it interests me.” – Jennifer Lawrence
37. “I don’t like waking up with nothing to do or going to sleep without accomplishing anything.” – Jennifer Lawrence
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Jennifer Lawrence quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
77 Frank Zappa Quotes On Life, Government & Music
Looking for the best collection of Frank Zappa quotes? Then look no further. Frank Zappa was an American musician, composer,...
101 Vince Lombardi Quotes To Win The Game Of Life
This collection of famous Vince Lombardi quotes is packed with wisdom from one of the greatest coaches and leaders in...
78 Abraham Maslow Quotes To Max Out Your Potential
If you’re looking to make the most of you potential then this collection of Abraham Maslow quotes will inspire and...
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...