If you’re looking for the best Dr. Dre quotes then look no further.
Andre Romelle Young, known professionally as Dr. Dre has arguably had the greatest influence on the American hip hop industry. He is the founder and CEO of Aftermath Entertainment and Beats Electronics, and was previously co-owner of Death Row Records.
The rapper, record producer and entrepreneur started his career as a member of an electro group, World Class Wreckin Cru. Thereafter, he made his mark with the influential gangsta rap group, N.W.A., which gave him his first major success.
Though he has had huge success with his solo albums, Dre has never considered himself a rapper. Instead, he has been the driving force in the industry by mentoring and working with numerous successful artists including the likes of Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, 50 Cent and Kendrick Lamar.
The Grammy award-winning rapper and producer launched his own brand of headphones in 2008. Beats by Dre went on to be such a success that technology giant Apple purchased the brand for $3 billion in 2014. The deal made Dr. Dre the richest man in hip hop, surpassing P Diddy at the time.
Dr. Dre has an estimated net worth of $820 million as of 2019.
Below you’ll find the most inspirational Dr. Dre quotes about music and success that will help you gain an insight into the man that shaped an industry.
Inspirational Dr. Dre Quotes
1. “You just have to find that thing that’s special about you that distinguishes you from all the others, and through true talent, hard work, and passion, anything can happen.” – Dr. Dre
2. “Kids are the ultimate form of motivation. They’re watching. They’re mimicking. They’re an extension of you. So you have to win.” – Dr. Dre
3. “When the ideas are coming, I don’t stop until the ideas stop because that train doesn’t come along all the time.” – Dr. Dre
4. “I’ve gone seventy-nine hours without sleep, creating. When that flow is going, it’s almost like a high. You don’t want it to stop. You don’t want to go to sleep for fear of missing something.” – Dr. Dre (This is one of my favourite Dr. Dre quotes. It shows what it really takes to succeed.)
5. “Don’t be worried about the next man – make sure your business tight.” – Dr. Dre
6. “Every person walking has some kind of talent that they can get on tape.” – Dr. Dre
7. “It ain’t that I’m too big to listen to the rumors, It’s just that I’m too damn big to pay attention to ’em.” – Dr. Dre
8. “I’m never gonna stop music, it’s like air to me.” – Dr. Dre
9. “The only two things that scare me are God and the IRS.” – Dr. Dre
10. “I have a high tolerance for pain – both physical and mental.” – Dr. Dre
11. “Everything that I do is for sound goals. It comes from my gut. When I’m sitting in the studio, a mix isn’t done till I feel it in my gut.” – Dr. Dre
12. “I love the new technology. New things give you a reason to want to go to the studio. New challenges mean you have to keep up, you know?” – Dr. Dre
13. “It’s always been difficult to make a good record. To be perfectly honest with you, it’s really about the person that’s pushing the buttons. No matter what type of equipment you have, you still have to have a certain talent to be able to make a good record.” – Dr. Dre
14. “It’s always weird when people approach me to make an investment. I tell them, ‘I don’t need any more money. I’m good.’ Then I wait for their expression. That part is entertaining, because people look at you like you’re crazy when you say you don’t need any more money. Who says that?” – Dr. Dre
15. “No matter what type of equipment you have, you still have to have a certain talent to be able to make a good record.” – Dr. Dre
16. “I work hard making music – that’s how I earn a living.” – Dr. Dre
17. “I’ve always hated authority from an early age. And authority have always hated me.” – Dr. Dre
18. “I think it’s incredible what I’ve done. A lot of sweat. But as an innovator, I look back and can’t help but go, ‘Damn, there’s things I could’ve done better, you know?'” – Dr. Dre
19. “I’ve never considered myself a rapper. I know how to do it. I know how to make my voice project, and I know how to stay on beat and what have you, but I’ve never considered myself a rapper.” – Dr. Dre
20. “I just make the music feel the way I want it to feel, and I don’t put it out until I’m totally happy with it.” – Dr. Dre
21. “In my opinion, some of the hip-hop records that come out, people are willing to compromise. I’m not.” – Dr. Dre
22. “I get butterflies every time a record comes out. I’m like, ‘I hope people like it. I hope people buy it.'” – Dr. Dre
23. “If you’re not sincere with it, you shouldn’t say anything at all.” – Dr. Dre
24. “I don’t think I would go back and change anything that’s happened in my career, because maybe those things were stepping stones to where I am now.” – Dr. Dre
25. “I’ve been living the American Dream for over 25 years – just being able to do what I do, be creative, and make money out of it. It’s incredible.” – Dr. Dre
26. “I’m not no egotistical person. I just want what I’m supposed to get. Not a penny more, not a penny less.” – Dr. Dre
27. “Black women are the strongest most hardworking people on earth.” – Dr. Dre
28. “I believe in reincarnation, and I believe I’ve lived quite a few lives.” – Dr. Dre
29. “You got to realize that when I was 20 years old, I had a house, a Mercedes, a Corvette and a million dollars in the bank before I could buy alcohol legally.” – Dr. Dre
30. “I just want to get my music out and make sure that it’s heard in the right way.” – Dr. Dre
31. “I don’t even listen to the records after they come out. It’s outlawed in my house. My wife and my kids can’t play any of my music around me. Once it comes out, for me, it’s just business. Numbers.” – Dr. Dre
32. “I’ve gotten my personal life all the way intact and made sure that it’s straight. Without that, you have no foundation. Your building is going to crumble.” – Dr. Dre
33. “The actual making of a record is the most exciting part of this business.” – Dr. Dre
34. “I don’t make records so I can sit down afterward and listen to them. I make them so other people can sit down and listen to them.” – Dr. Dre
35. “I can take a three-year-old and make a hit record.” – Dr. Dre
36. “I don’t ever see myself retiring totally from music, because I have a genuine love and passion for it.” – Dr. Dre
37. “I know sound, and this is what I’m going to stick to what I know.” – Dr. Dre
38. “I’m not a big spender. I don’t get into all the jewelry and all that.” – Dr. Dre
39. “Clear communication. Respect. A lot of laughter. And a lot of orgasms. That’s what makes a marriage work.” – Dr. Dre
40. “Try to be the king, but the ace is back.” – Dr. Dre
41. “Even when I was close to defeat I rose to my feet.” – Dr. Dre
42. “The record business. It’s exactly what it is – Record-Business. You have to take care of both, or they won’t take care of you.” – Dr. Dre
43. “When I think of the future, I think a lot of Quincy Jones and how he is an inspiration…Nothing pulls you back into the studio more than the belief that your best record is still ahead.” – Dr. Dre
44. “No matter how hard you work to bring yourself up, there’s someone out there working just as hard, to put you down.” – Dr. Dre
45. “I’m living an incredible life. Making a living doing what I love and having people love it. I can’t even explain what that feels like.” – Dr. Dre
46. “I’ve sold a lot of records. Did I keep other artists from eating?” – Dr. Dre
47. “Engineering and mixing are absolutely key. Once a song is done, for me personally, it’s usually two or three days to get the mix down.” – Dr. Dre
48. “If you work at rap and look at it as an art, the money will come. But if you try to get the money, it’ll just always be shallow.” – Dr. Dre
49. “The secret to my longevity is that I’m a perfectionist.” – Dr. Dre
50. “There’s three types of people in the world, those who don’t know what happened, those who wonder what happened and people like us from the streets that make things happen!” – Dr. Dre
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Dr. Dre quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...
101 Marianne Williamson Quotes That Will Enlighten You
Looking for the best Marianne Williamson quotes? Marianne Williamson is an American author, spiritual leader, political candidate and activist. She...
Fear-setting: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals
Fear-setting is an exercise that Tim Ferriss swears by. The bestselling author of The 4 Hour Work Week says he...
Top 5 Lessons Learned After She Read 500 Self-Help Books
If you’re looking for inspiration then these days no one is suffering from a shortage of self-help reading material out...