If you’re looking for the best collection of Samuel L. Jackson quotes that will inspire and motivate you then look no further.
Samuel L. Jackson is one of the most prolific actors of all time appearing in over 150 films including Pulp Fiction, Unbreakable, Shaft, the Starwars prequel trilogy and 11 Marvel Cinematic Universe films.
Jackson is ranked as the highest all-time box office star with over $7.1 billion total US box office gross, an average of $89.9 million per film.
While Samuel L. Jackson is known for some badass one-liners and famous movie quotes, below you’ll find some of his most inspiring quotes as well as some funny quotes that show the humor his fans love him for.
Inspirational Samuel L. Jackson Quotes
1. “If you have an opportunity to use your voice you should use it.” – Samuel L. Jackson
2. “I don’t understand how people live without creating.” – Samuel L. Jackson
3. “The certainty that life cannot be long, and the probability that it will be much shorter than nature allows, ought to awaken every man to the active prosecution of whatever he is desirous to perform.” – Samuel L. Jackson
4. “Lifelong readers continue to read, finding in books the means to enjoy life or endure it.” – Samuel L. Jackson
5. “If you do not have courage, you may not have the opportunity to use any of your other virtues.” – Samuel L. Jackson
6. “I just always knew that I lived in two worlds. There was the world of my house and community, but to make my way in that white world I had to modify the way I spoke and acted. I had to sometimes not make direct eye contact.” – Samuel L. Jackson
7. “I read, watch television, watch movies, hang out with family. I like my clothes and I have great cars, and I drive those. But for most people, it’s like, “That’s boring. You don’t club? You don’t party?” – Samuel L. Jackson
8. “Anyone who tells you money can’t buy happiness never had any.” – Samuel L. Jackson
9. “Take a stand for what’s right. Raise a ruckus and make a change. You may not always be popular, but you’ll be part of something larger and bigger and greater than yourself. Besides, making history is extremely cool.” – Samuel L. Jackson
10. “I sit at home and read books… I’m not a big party guy.” – Samuel L. Jackson
11. “I grew up in the South with guns everywhere and we never shot anyone. This [shooting] is about people who aren’t taught the value of life.” – Samuel L. Jackson
12. “When people want me to sign an autograph in a restaurant, and I’m eating. I don’t even have to say no, I just kind of stop and look at them… “Oh, okay. I’ll… I’ll come back.” – Samuel L. Jackson
13. “I’m pretty focused on what I do. I think directing is a very specific talent, and I’m not real big on putting puzzles together, which is basically what a film is.” – Samuel L. Jackson
14. “I see myself as a storyteller. So, when I read something, I see the story, and I see it on screen, in my head, in a certain way. I always want to see it and see me in it.” – Samuel L. Jackson
15. “Painters get up and paint. Writers get up and write. I like to get up and act. It’s not a big deal. It makes me happy.” – Samuel L. Jackson
16. “I understood, through rehab, things about creating characters. I understood that creating whole people means knowing where we come from, how we can make a mistake and how we overcome things to make ourselves stronger.” – Samuel L. Jackson
17. “We’ve come a long way in our thinking, but also in our moral decay. I can’t imagine Dr. King watching the ‘Real Housewives’ or ‘Jersey Shore.” – Samuel L. Jackson
18. “The best advice that was given to me was that I had to be 10 times smarter, braver and more polite to be equal. So I did.” – Samuel L. Jackson
19. “Everybody knows, when you make an assumption, you make an ass out of you and umption.” – Samuel L. Jackson
20. “Not everybody goes to movies to get their life changed.” – Samuel L. Jackson
21. “I don’t mind dying, I just don’t wanna go out like some punk.” – Samuel L. Jackson
22. “I heard that you can do whatever you want in International Waters, that’s why I filled my jacuzzi with International Water.” – Samuel L. Jackson
23. “You ain’t got but one life. You ought to live it the way you want.” – Samuel L. Jackson
24. “I’m actually very ordinary, except people get to pay their money to come watch me work. The same way that we go to McDonald’s.. we don’t care about the guy behind the counter, but if he was doing something special, we’d pay our money to go watch him cook that hamburger.” – Samuel L. Jackson
25. “Everybody likes an extraordinary person or likes to think that they would be great with a superpower in an ordinary world.” – Samuel L. Jackson
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Samuel L. Jackson quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.