This is our latest collection of Carlos Slim Helu quotes – The richest man in Mexico.
Carlos Slim Helu is a Mexican business magnate, engineer, investor, and philanthropist.
He held the title of the richest man in the world between 2010 – 2013, surpassing Bill Gates at the time. He now ranks among the top 10 richest people in the world with an estimated net worth of $61.5 billion as of 2019.
Carlos Slim Helu amassed his staggering fortune from his extensive holdings in a considerable number of Mexican companies through his conglomerate, Grupo Carso.
His conglomerate includes real estate, retail, hospitality, education, health care, industrial manufacturing, energy, transportation, media, entertainment, high-technology, sports, and financial services. Slim is also the largest single shareholder of The New York Times Company.
Below you’ll find the best Carlos Slim Helu quotes on business, life and money that will give you an insight into his incredible mindset.
49 Carlos Slim Helu Quotes
1. “When you live for others’ opinions, you are dead. I don’t want to live thinking about how I’ll be remembered.” – Carlos Slim Helu
2. “Success is not about doing things well or even very well, or being acknowledged by others. It is not an external opinion, but rather an internal status. It is the harmony between the soul and your emotions, which requires love, family, friendship, authenticity and integrity.” – Carlos Slim Helu
3. “Most people try to make a better world for our children when what they should be doing is making better children for our world.” – Carlos Slim Helu
4. “All times are good time for those who know how to work and have the tools to do so.” – Carlos Slim Helu
5. “Competition makes you better, always, always makes you better, even if the competitor wins.” – Carlos Slim Helu
6. “Staying occupied displaces preoccupation and problems, and when we face our problems, they disappear.” – Carlos Slim Helu
7. “The truth is, you leave this world with nothing. What you are is a temporary administrator, and you must administer well… the wealth in your care, and generate more. The surplus can be used to do many things for people.” – Carlos Slim Helu
8. “I’ve always said that the better off you are, the more responsibility you have for helping others. Just as I think it’s important to run companies well, with a close eye to the bottom line, I think you have to use your entrepreneurial experience to make corporate philanthropy effective.” – Carlos Slim Helu
9. “Firm and patient optimism always yields its rewards.” – Carlos Slim Helu
10. “Well, when I was very young, maybe 12 years, I began to make investments.” – Carlos Slim Helu
11. “Money is not a goal. The goal is to make companies grow, develop, be competitive, be in different areas, be efficient to have a great human team inside the company.” – Carlos Slim Helu
12. “Anyone who is not investing now is missing a tremendous opportunity.” – Carlos Slim Helu
13. “If you are in business, you are not enjoying. You are working.” – Carlos Slim Helu
14. “The only way you finish with poverty is with jobs.” – Carlos Slim Helu
15. “In this new wave of technology, you can’t do it all yourself, you have to form alliances.” – Carlos Slim Helu
16. “It’s very important for leaders in business to work to create human capital, a team that has the same sense of purpose and alignment.” – Carlos Slim Helu
17. “When we decide to do something, we do it quickly.” – Carlos Slim Helu
18. “Work well done is not only a responsibility to yourselves and society; it is also an emotional need.” – Carlos Slim Helu
19. “Choose the right employees and then set them loose.” – Carlos Slim Helu
20. “In business, you invest when things are not in good shape. When you invest at these times, you take a better position than your competitors. When there is a recession and your competition does not invest, they are giving you the advantage.” – Carlos Slim Helu
21. “All businesses make mistakes. The trick is to avoid large ones.” – Carlos Slim Helu
22. “People need to feel very good about their achievements. They get pride from what they are doing.” – Carlos Slim Helu
23. “One of the big errors people are making right now is thinking that old-style businesses will be obsolete, when actually they will be an important part of this new civilization. Some retail groups are introducing e-commerce and think that the bricks are no longer useful. But they will continue to be important.” – Carlos Slim Helu
24. “Focus on essentials and try not to get distracted and bogged down by things that don’t add value to the bottom line.” – Carlos Slim Helu
25. “You cannot have people in your organization who are pessimists. They take you to mediocrity.” – Carlos Slim Helu
26. “Courage taught me no matter how bad a crisis gets… any sound investment will eventually pay off.” – Carlos Slim Helu
27. “When we face our problems, they disappear. So learn from failure and let success be the silent incentive.” – Carlos Slim Helu
28. “I learned from my father that you continue to invest and reinvest in your business – including during crises.” – Carlos Slim Helu
29. “You cannot live without doing something.” – Carlos Slim Helu
30. “When you are convinced what to do and what you need to do, it’s not hard to do that.” – Carlos Slim Helu
31. “Anything that has privileges have responsibility and all people that is clear about their responsibility has compromise.” – Carlos Slim Helu
32. “Live the present intensely and fully, do not let the past be a burden, and let the future be an incentive. Each person forges his or her own destiny.” – Carlos Slim Helu
33. “When there is a crisis, that’s when some are interested in getting out and that’s when we are interested in getting in.” – Carlos Slim Helu
34. “Do not allow negative feelings and emotions to control your mind. Emotional harm does not come from others; it is conceived and developed within ourselves.” – Carlos Slim Helu
35. “Mistakes are normal and human. Make them small, accept them, correct them, and forget them.” – Carlos Slim Helu
36. “Technology is going to transform people’s lives and society everywhere in the world. I spend most of my time studying new technologies. My main task is to understand what’s going on and try to see where we can fit in.” – Carlos Slim Helu
37. “The biggest things in life are not materials.” – Carlos Slim Helu
38. “If you’re in business, you need to understand the environment. You need to have a vision of the future, and you need to know the past.” – Carlos Slim Helu
39. “I don’t believe too much in luck. I believe in circumstances. I believe in work.” – Carlos Slim Helu
40. “Any personal crisis—you have to use it to get stronger.” – Carlos Slim Helu
41. “You have to have an international reference of competition. You have to go beyond your home.” – Carlos Slim Helu
42. “When you give, do not expect to receive, fragrance clings to the hand that gives the rose.” – Carlos Slim Helu
43. “Life’s road is very long, but it is travelled fast.” – Carlos Slim Helu
44. “What is most valuable in life does not cost anything but is very precious.” – Carlos Slim Helu
45. “To think that happiness comes from buying things is crazy. That happiness come because you have many material issues – to have 20 cars or 30 cars or the biggest one and 40 watches and – I think that’s not happiness.” – Carlos Slim Helu
46. “Poverty isn’t solved with donations.” – Carlos Slim Helu
47. “Distribute a good part of the fruits, not the branches of the tree, and ‘reinvest’ part of the fruit sees to grow more trees and create wealth.” – Carlos Slim Helu
48. “Wealth should be created by investing to create more wealth. Income is the fruit of wealth. If you do not do that, you will not have more income.” – Carlos Slim Helu
49. “Wealth should be best to create more wealth.” – Carlos Slim Helu
Did you find these Carlos Slim Helu Quotes inspiring?
What are your favorite Carlos Helu Slim quotes? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...
101 Marianne Williamson Quotes That Will Enlighten You
Looking for the best Marianne Williamson quotes? Marianne Williamson is an American author, spiritual leader, political candidate and activist. She...
Fear-setting: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals
Fear-setting is an exercise that Tim Ferriss swears by. The bestselling author of The 4 Hour Work Week says he...
Top 5 Lessons Learned After She Read 500 Self-Help Books
If you’re looking for inspiration then these days no one is suffering from a shortage of self-help reading material out...