Looking for the best Brad Pitt quotes? Then look no further!
Brad Pitt is one of the most powerful and and influential figures in the entertainment industry. Coming from humble origins, growing up in Oklahoma, the Hollywood legend made a name for himself for films such as Fight Club, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Moneyball and 12 Years a Slave.
He produced The Departed and 12 Years a Slave, both of which won the Academy Award for Best Picture. In fact he has been nominated for dozens of highly prestigious awards, and has won an Oscar, a Golden Globe, a Primetime Emmy, a BAFTA award, a Saturn Award, an EDA award… the list goes on.
For a number of years, he was cited as the world’s most attractive man by various media outlets, and his personal life has been the subject of wide publicity, including his lengthy and high-profile relationships with Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie.
Brad Pitt is one of the highest paid actors in the world and has an estimated net worth of $240 million as of 2018.
Below you’ll find the best Brad Pitt quotes on happiness, life, love, success and more!
65 Brad Pitt Quotes
1. “I think happiness is overrated. Satisfied, at peace-those would be more realistic goals.” – Brad Pitt
2. “Stop being perfect, because obsessing over being perfect stops you from growing.” – Brad Pitt
3. “I start asking a lot of questions about my own life, and it’s not necessarily fun, but it’s a good exercise.” – Brad Pitt
4. “Actions speak louder than words, and it’s no more true than with your kids.” – Brad Pitt
5. “Success is a beast. And it actually puts the emphasis on the wrong thing. You get away with more instead of looking within.” – Brad Pitt
6. “You want to stake your own claim.” – Brad Pitt
7. “You can’t be different for different’s sake, and this doesn’t always work, but you have to separate yourself from the normal read. Of course, it has to be truthful. If it’s not truthful, don’t waste your time.” – Brad Pitt
8. “I’m one of those people you hate because of genetics. It’s the truth.” – Brad Pitt
9. “I’ve been no stranger to change.” – Brad Pitt
10. “I tell young guys, don’t make choices because somebody else is telling you it’s good from a career maintenance perspective.” – Brad Pitt
11. “Just the fact that there is an unknown (in regards to death) and something greater, can bring a feeling of peace. That’s enough for me.” – Brad Pitt
12. “You must lose everything in order to gain anything.” – Brad Pitt
13. “When you see a person, do you just concentrate on their looks? It’s just a first impression. Then there’s someone who doesn’t catch your eye immediately, but you talk to them and they become the most beautiful thing in the world. The greatest actors aren’t what you would call beautiful sex symbols.” – Brad Pitt
14. “My training is documented on film.” – Brad Pitt
15. “I believe you make your day. You make your life. So much of it is all perception, and this is the form that I built for myself. I have to accept it and work within those compounds, and it’s up to me.” – Brad Pitt
16. “By nature, I keep moving, man. My theory is, be the shark. You’ve just got to keep moving. You can’t stop.” – Brad Pitt
17. “I find all of my performances come down to mathematics in a sense – how do you approach the problem of this character? Sometimes I crack that problem, sometimes I don’t.” – Brad Pitt
18. “It’s those difficult times that inform the next wonderful time, and it’s a series of trade-offs, of events, of wins and losses.” – Brad Pitt
19. “I had a friend who worked at a hospice, and he said people in their final moments don’t discuss their successes, awards or what books they wrote or what they accomplished. They only talk about their loves and their regrets, and I think that’s very telling.” – Brad Pitt
20. “What’s valuable to me has become clearer as I’ve got older. To me, it’s about the value of your time and your day and the value of the people you spend it with.” – Brad Pitt
21. “My life has been about big changes.” – Brad Pitt
22. “I’ve always been at war with myself, for right or wrong. I’ve grown quite comfortable with being at war.” – Brad Pitt
23. “I have a hard time with morals. All I know is what feels right, what’s more important to me is being honest about who you are. Morals I get a little hung up on.” – Brad Pitt
24. “I get enraged when people start telling other people how to live their lives.” – Brad Pitt
25. “The latitude and longitudinal lines of where you are born determine your opportunity in life, and it’s not equal. We may have been created equal, but we’re not born equal. It’s a lot to do with luck and you have to pass that on.” – Brad Pitt
26. “In Missouri, where I come from, we don’t talk about what we do, we just do it. If we talk about it, it’s seen as bragging.” – Brad Pitt
27. “Seeing the world is the best education you can get. You see sorrow, and you also see great spirit and will to survive.” – Brad Pitt
28. “I have very few friends. I have a handful of close friends, and I have my family, and I haven’t known life to be any happier.” – Brad Pitt
29. “I’m actually very snobbish about directors. I have to say no all the time. No is the most powerful word in our business. You’ve got to protect yourself.” – Brad Pitt
30. “Heartthrobs are a dime a dozen.” – Brad Pitt
31. “It’s a violent world we live in. I don’t agree with trying to hide that or cover it up.”- Brad Pitt
32. “We’re so complex; we’re mysteries to ourselves; we’re difficult to eachother. And then storytelling reminds us that we’re all the same.” – Brad Pitt
33. “I am obsessively bent on quality – to an unhealthy degree.” – Brad Pitt
34. “There are no hallmark cards that define the next chapter, or value of a history together.” – Brad Pitt
35. “You don’t know someone until you know what they want.” – Brad Pitt
36. “You don’t really get to choose who you fall in love with. Love chooses you.” – Brad Pitt
37. “You make yourself what you are. You have control of your own destiny.” – Brad Pitt
38. “Personally I like ageing. With age comes wisdom and I have said it before and I say it again, I will take wisdom over youth any day.” – Brad Pitt
39. “Fame makes you feel permanently like a girl walking past construction workers.” – Brad Pitt
40. “I’m not a big proponent of happiness. I think it’s highly overrated. I think misery is underrated. There’s so much value in that. You can’t have one without the other.” – Brad Pitt
41. “There’s peace in understanding that I have only one life, here and now, and I’m responsible.” – Brad Pitt
42. “There’s no right. There’s no wrong. There’s only popular opinion.” – Brad Pitt
43. “Get into something that’s really personal that means something to you, where you have something to say and is something really individualized. I wish I was more aware of that when I started my career instead of doing a few things I was told would be good for me. And they weren’t, because it left me empty, so I didn’t do a good job anyways. I think that’s what’s key to what we do: It’s got to be personal.” – Brad Pitt
44. “Do you know how you tell real love? It’s when someone else’s interest trumps your own.” – Brad Pitt
45. “The things you own end up owning you.” – Brad Pitt
46. “You shouldn’t speak until you know what you’re talking about. That’s why I get uncomfortable with interviews. Reporters ask me what I feel China should do about Tibet. Who cares what I think China should do? I’m a f***ing actor! They hand me a script. I act. I’m here for entertainment, basically, when you whittle everything away. I’m a grown man who puts on makeup.” – Brad Pitt
47. “I’ve always believed happiness is overrated, you know? It’s those difficult times that inform the next wonderful time, and it’s a series of trade-offs, of events, of wins and losses.” – Brad Pitt
48. “The woman is the reflection of her man. If you love her to the point of madness, she will become it.” – Brad Pitt
49. “You are not the car you drive.” – Brad Pitt
50. “Fatherhood is the best thing I ever did. It changes your perspective. You can write a book, you can make a movie, you can paint a painting, but having kids is really the most extraordinary thing I have taken on.” – Brad Pitt
51. “A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss… That’s the trade-off. But I’ll take it all.” – Brad Pitt
52. “This idea of perpetual happiness is crazy and overrated, because those dark moments fuel you for the next bright moments; each one helps you appreciate the other.” – Brad Pitt
53. “Let us be the ones who say we do not accept that a child dies every three seconds simply because he does not have the drugs you and I have. Let us be the ones to say we are not satisfied that your place of birth determines your right for life. Let us be outraged; let us be loud; let us be bold.” – Brad Pitt
54. “I embrace the messiness of life. I find it so beautiful actually.” – Brad Pitt
55. “Without pain and suffering, we would be nothing.” – Brad Pitt
56. “The greatest thing an actor can experience is discovery. The greatest thing an artist can walk away with is to learn something about themselves and the world and this was one of those.” – Brad Pitt
57. “I’ve been in these tabloids for 14 years now, and at some point you just become a Zen master of it all.” – Brad Pitt
58. “Hitting bottom isn’t a weekend retreat, it’s not a goddamn seminar. Stop trying to control everything and just let go!” – Brad Pitt
59. “No more excuses. I can’t blame anything on my parents. I’m responsible for my mistakes and my choices.” – Brad Pitt
60. “I don’t want to die without scars.” – Brad Pitt
61. “I don’t want to waste time being angry at someone I love.” – Brad Pitt
62. “There’s nothing more life-changing than fatherhood.” – Brad Pitt
63. “Each misstep leads to the next correct step.” – Brad Pitt
64. “For me a film is at its best when you can start filling in the story with your own life experience.” – Brad Pitt
65. “We’re consumers. We are by-products of a lifestyle obsession.” – Brad Pitt
Did you find these Brad Pitt Quotes inspiring?
Which Brad Pitt quote is your favourite? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...
Top 21 Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
Looking for the best Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Then look no further! While some may consider the Matrix to...
127 David Goggins Quotes To Be Successful
Looking for the best collection of David Goggins quotes? Then look no further! David Goggins is a man who was...
101 Brené Brown Quotes On Courage, Vulnerability & Shame
Looking for the best collection of Brené Brown quotes? Then look no further. Brené Brown is a research professor at...