Steve Harvey is a comedian, television host, producer, radio personality, actor, and author. He hosts The Steve Harvey Morning Show, the Steve talk show, Family Feud, Celebrity Family Feud, and Little Big Shots.
When it comes to success few have shown as much persistence and perseverance in following their dreams as Steve Harvey has.
After high school he had 11 different jobs; he has been a boxer, an autoworker, an insurance salesman, a carpet cleaner, and a mailman to name a few.
Harvey first performed stand-up comedy act in 1985 and during the late 80’s he was homeless for multiple years. He slept in his 1976 Ford when not performing gigs that provided a hotel, and he showered at gas stations or swimming pool showers.
His persistence paid off though as he achieved success as a stand-up comedian and that led to further opportunities in acting and hosting.
He achieved further critical and commercial success through his book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man and its subsequent cinematic follow-up, Think Like a Man.
The “funny man” became somewhat of a relationship guru with his New York Times bestseller Straight Talk, No Chaser: How to Find, Keep, and Understand a Man. He also has has been successful as a self-help author with his last two books Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success and Jump.
While he retired from stand-up comedy in 2012, Steve Harvey has gone from being homeless to building his brand into a media empire and is now focused on helping and empowering others to find their gift and live their dreams.
These Steve Harvey quotes are his best advice to help you become successful. Have faith in yourself and make the jump to follow your dreams.
Steve Harvey Quotes About Success
1. “If you are waking up with the sensation that there has got to be more in life…then there is.” – Steve Harvey
2. “If you see it in your mind, you can hold it in your mind.” – Steve Harvey
3. “4 P’s to success: pressure, persistence, perseverance & prayer.” – Steve Harvey
4. “Failure means you’ve now learned another valuable lessons that pushes you one step closer to success.” – Steve Harvey
5. “Growth is in a series of mistakes. That’s the only way you learn.” – Steve Harvey
6. “You are never too old to reinvent yourself.” – Steve Harvey
7. “God’s plan for you is greater than any plan you can think of.” – Steve Harvey
8. “You have to aspire to something so great that you have to have God’s help.” – Steve Harvey
9. “You simply cannot drive forward if you’re focused on what’s happening in the rear view mirror.” – Steve Harvey
10. “Failure is a great teacher, and I think when you make mistakes and you recover from them and you treat them as valuable learning experiences, then you’ve got something to share.” – Steve Harvey
11. “Your mission, your purpose and your destiny will all be tied to one thing – your gift.” – Steve Harvey
12. “God lets you be successful because he trusts you that you will do the right thing with it. Now, does he get disappointed often? All the time, because people get there and they forget how they got it.” – Steve Harvey
13. “God doesn’t make any mistakes, you are exactly where you are supposed to be right now.” – Steve Harvey
14. “Let a man see what he can get but make him imagine what he can have.” – Steve Harvey
15. “You career is what you’re paid for, your calling is what you’re made for.” – Steve Harvey
16. “I am from the hood; I never had nothing. Now that I have something, I must give back.” – Steve Harvey
17. “The dream is free, but the hustle is sold separately.” – Steve Harvey
18. “Prayer changes things.” – Steve Harvey
19. “You gift is something that you do innately better than anything else.” – Steve Harvey
20. “Forgiveness is for you. It does more for you than the other person.” – Steve Harvey
21. “Wake up and smile! Wake up and be grateful!” – Steve Harvey
22. “When you’re up in life, your friends get to know who you are. When you’re down in life, you get to know who your friend are.” – Steve Harvey
23. “You have the potential for greatness.” – Steve Harvey
24. “The more people you help become successful the more successful you become.” – Steve Harvey
25. “Do not ignore the passion that burns in you. Spend time to discover your gift.” – Steve Harvey
26. “Your setback is just a setup for a comeback.” – Steve Harvey
27. “Catch fire today! Make today the day you stop complaining and do something.” – Steve Harvey
28. “What you want out of life is the thing you have to give the most of.” – Steve Harvey
29. “Do not ignore your gift. Your gift is the thing you do the absolute best with the lease amount of effort.” – Steve Harvey
30. “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” – Steve Harvey
31. “Procrastination will delay your change! Today is a very good day to change; don’t let you stop yourself from growing.” – Steve Harvey
32. “Don’t let your mind stop you.” – Steve Harvey
33. “Your dream has to be bigger than your fear.” – Steve Harvey
34. “You’ve got to be vulnerable when you’re talking to kids. There’s nothing worse than some adult standing up there just talking down to some kid. You can’t work that way.” – Steve Harvey
35. “When you feel like giving up, don’t. When you thinking about giving up, don’t. When it look like you ain’t gonna make it, keep going… When they tell you… you’re not gonna make it, don’t believe them, man. Don’t believe them. You got to be relentless.” – Steve Harvey
36. “My calling is to help people, to teach people, to share with people, until I die. I can never stop doing that. I can’t, and I don’t want to.” – Steve Harvey
37. “A person has to remember that the road to success is always under construction. You have to get that through your head. That it is not easy becoming successful.” – Steve Harvey
38. “You’ve got to be in a bad relationship to really understand what a great one is.” – Steve Harvey
39. “You can’t go forward and backwards at the same time.” – Steve Harvey
40. “When you’re happy at home, you can make a lot of things happen.” – Steve Harvey
41. “I pay attention to every minute of the day.” – Steve Harvey
42. “I just believe if you don’t believe in God, then where is your moral barometer? That’s just me talking. You can believe what you want to believe.” – Steve Harvey
43. “There’s no such thing as luck. These are blessings. God endows them upon you, He makes you a blessing to become a blessing.” – Steve Harvey
44. “People don’t like to hear the truth out here because the truth makes them think.” – Steve Harvey
45. “You can’t tell big dreams to small minded people.” – Steve Harvey
46. “The number one cause of failure in this country is the fear of failure.” – Steve Harvey
47. “The most successful people in this world recognize that taking chances to get what they want is much more productive than sitting around being too scared to take a shot.” – Steve Harvey
48. “Your reality is yours. Stop wasting time looking at someone else’s reality while doing nothing about yours.” – Steve Harvey
49. “Sometimes out of your biggest misery, comes your greatest gain.” – Steve Harvey
50. “I aim for stuff so big, that the dream is bigger than the fear.” – Steve Harvey
51. “Your mission, your purpose and your destiny will all be tied to one thing, your gift.” – Steve Harvey
52. “A lot of times god will present you with a blessing and a plan, but if you don’t act on it, it’ll go away.” – Steve Harvey
53. “The single most important part of your life is your dream.” – Steve Harvey
54. “When you sit by and just let your life perish without a vision, it is the most painful kind of death.” – Steve Harvey
55. “People get jealous and use whatever information they have to make you feel bad and themselves feel better.” – Steve Harvey
56. “Everybody on your side ain’t on your side.” – Steve Harvey
57. “Your job is not your gift. Your gift is something that is connected to you whether you are working or on vacation, with your family or even alone.” – Steve Harvey
58. “We can all be something better than we are, if we are only willing to change and forgive.” – Steve Harvey
59. “If you want to be successful, you have to jump, there’s no way around it. When you jump, I can assure you that your parachute will not open right away. But if you do not jump, your parachute will never open. If you’re safe, you’ll never soar!” – Steve Harvey
60. “If you pray about it don’t worry about it. If you’re going to worry about it don’t pray about it.” – Steve Harvey
61. “When I first got money, I went through it like everybody else, because I didn’t know. But, right now, I’ve educated myself and placed smart people around me. I surrounded myself with people who not only are intelligent and effective about finances, taxes, and money management, but they (also) love me.” – Steve Harvey
62. “I think that once you lose your fear, and understand that your position is God-given, then, if you lose your fear of what man can do, it enables you to do some things that God wants you to do.” – Steve Harvey
63. “You have to pick your places to “step up” and you have you pick your spots. If you’re just going to run out there, and, just be what/who you want to be, then you won’t be that long.” – Steve Harvey
64. “If you ain’t nothing when you get money and fame, you’re just going to be more nothing. If you don’t stand for nothing, when you get money and fame, you ain’t suddenly fin to stand for nothing! You’re just fin to be richer and more famous – standing for nothing!” – Steve Harvey
65. “If you’re a generous person, when you get money and fame, you’re going to be more generous. If you’re a sharer, you’re going to be more sharing. If you’re a coward, you’re just going to be a bigger coward. That’s all money and fame does.” – Steve Harvey
66. “In order to overcome fear, your dream must become bigger than fear.” – Steve Harvey
67. “Do what you say you’re going to do! People can do nothing but respect that.” – Steve Harvey
You Gotta Jump To Be Successful!
Did you find these Steve Harvey Quotes inspiring?
Which Steve Harvey quote is your favourite? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...
101 Marianne Williamson Quotes That Will Enlighten You
Looking for the best Marianne Williamson quotes? Marianne Williamson is an American author, spiritual leader, political candidate and activist. She...
Fear-setting: Why you should define your fears instead of your goals
Fear-setting is an exercise that Tim Ferriss swears by. The bestselling author of The 4 Hour Work Week says he...
Top 5 Lessons Learned After She Read 500 Self-Help Books
If you’re looking for inspiration then these days no one is suffering from a shortage of self-help reading material out...