43 Ashton Kutcher Quotes On Life, Love & Success
Looking for the best Ashton Kutcher quotes? Then look no further.
Ashton Kutcher is a man that has had some of the most enviable jobs in the entertainment industry. The actor, producer and entrepreneur made his on screen debut playing Michael Kelso in That ’70s Show (1998–2006).
In 2003, he created and produced the television series Punk’d. Having played various roles on the big screen he would then take over from Charlie Sheen to star as Walden Schmidt in the popular sitcom Two and a Half Men (2011–2015).
In 2013, Kutcher portrayed Steve Jobs in the biographical film Jobs.
Beyond entertainment, Ashton Kutcher is also a venture capitalist. The savvy businessman has investments in over 60 companies, the most prominent of which include Skype, Foursquare, Airbnb, Path and Fab.com.
He has also appeared as a guest investor on Shark Tank alongside Mark Cuban, Kevin O’Leary, Robert Herjavec and Lori Greiner.
His estimated net worth is a cool $200 million.
Kutcher has a lot of good advice to share on life, love and success. Check out the Ashton Kutcher quotes below.
43 Best Ashton Kutcher Quotes
1. “I’m continually trying to make choices that put me against my own comfort zone. As long as you’re uncomfortable, it means you’re growing.” – Ashton Kutcher
2. “There’s something advantageous about having people underestimate your intellect, insomuch as a lot of things are revealed to you. They assume you don’t know what you’re talking about, then all of a sudden, you do. And the next thing you know, you have information you wouldn’t normally have.” – Ashton Kutcher
3. “The sexiest thing in the entire world is being really smart. And being thoughtful and being generous. Everything else is crap. I promise you. It’s just crap that people try to sell to you to make you feel like less. So don’t buy it. Be smart. Be thoughtful and be generous.” – Ashton Kutcher
4. “True luxury is being able to own your time – to be able to take a walk, sit on your porch, read the paper, not take the call, not be compelled by obligation.” – Ashton Kutcher
5. “The failures that we have are sometimes expensive educations.” – Ashton Kutcher
6. “I really think that technology has the greatest potential to accelerate happiness of most things in the world. The companies that will ultimately do well are the companies that chase happiness. If you find a way to help people find love, or health or friendship, the dollar will chase that.” – Ashton Kutcher
7. “I’m happy wherever I go, whatever I do. I’m happy in Iowa, I’m happy here in California.” – Ashton Kutcher
8. “For me, the most entertaining evening would be to go sit with entrepreneurs and talk with them about how they’re building their companies and how we can help to make them better. That’s the one thing in the world – well, I love doing that.” – Ashton Kutcher
9. “Leapfrog innovation – consistent, constant, ridiculous leapfrog innovation – only happens within a dictatorship. Any time you try to do something really innovative, most people aren’t going to understand it until after they experience it. So when you’re developing in innovation, you have to be a dictator.” – Ashton Kutcher
10. “I fail frequently – I just try to keep it quiet.” – Ashton Kutcher
11. “The truth is that I’m an idiot. I am. I don’t do things by the rules sometimes. I say things that I probably shouldn’t say. I push buttons. I deserve to be made fun of. And I feel like, as soon as you can make fun of something, it instantly removes the fear.” – Ashton Kutcher
12. “I live my life like anybody else, and people choose to write about mine. And what they write I can’t control – when they write lies at least – because the laws can’t really protect you unless you can prove malicious intent. So I just choose not to read it.” – Ashton Kutcher
13. “Always roll up the sleeves on your shirt. It gives the impression that you’re working, even if you’re not.” – Ashton Kutcher
14. “I believe that opportunity looks a lot like hard work.” – Ashton Kutcher
15. “Don’t settle for what life gives you; make life better and build something.” – Ashton Kutcher
16. “Anyone who wants to be an entrepreneur like someone else is actually looking in the wrong direction. You don’t look out for inspiration, you look in. You have to ask yourself how can I be better today, at solving the problem I am trying to solve for my company. I wouldn’t encourage anyone to be like me. Just be like you.” – Ashton Kutcher
17. “I try to make good decisions as decisions come up.” – Ashton Kutcher
18. “I think privacy is valuable. You don’t have to share everything, and it’s healthy to occasionally hit the pause button and ask yourself if you’re oversharing. But at the end of the day, if you’re not doing anything wrong, you don’t have anything to hide.” – Ashton Kutcher
19. “I don’t believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can’t sit still.” – Ashton Kutcher
20. “Life can be a lot broader… when you realize one simple thing: And that is that everything around us that we call life was made up by people who were no smarter than you. And you can build your own life that other people can live in. So build a life. Don’t live one. Build one. Find your opportunity, and always be sexy.” – Ashton Kutcher
21. “I’ve usually found that the greatest rewards in my life come from taking on things that are a little bit scary.” – Ashton Kutcher
22. “There’s no sense in making life seem like it’s a struggle, because that doesn’t make anybody feel better.” – Ashton Kutcher
23. “I’ll probably never be the best actor in Hollywood, but I hope to be the hardest working.” – Ashton Kutcher
24. “I don’t have to act for work anymore; I can act for passion. That’s freeing, but it’s also a prison of its own. When you can do anything you want, you’re really responsible to do something great. And that’s scary.” – Ashton Kutcher
25. “I didn’t come from the worst of situations, and I didn’t come into the best of situations. But I’ve appreciated the best situations. And I’ve made the best of the worst situations. I’m lucky to be where I am.” – Ashton Kutcher
26. “Anyone who has tried to build something that changes people’s lives sometimes finds life to be a distraction, and finds people who don’t care as much as they do to be annoying.” – Ashton Kutcher
27. “I am only young once, who cares if I’m a goofball!” – Ashton Kutcher
28. “Take a long pause… breathe and know that things are happening for you not to you.” – Ashton Kutcher
29. “If you believe the good stuff that people say then you have to believe the bad stuff and then you allow yourself to be on a roller coaster of what other people think. So I think you try to find the good in the bad and the bad in the good and balance yourself and stay on an even keel.” – Ashton Kutcher
30. “Build a life. Don’t live one!” – Ashton Kutcher
31. “Hope we can find space to be wrong in the pursuit of getting it right.” – Ashton Kutcher
Ashton Kutcher Quotes On Relationships
32. “I definitely believe that if you stop working at relationships, they go away.” – Ashton Kutcher
33. “The reality is that we communicate with every part of our being, and there are times when we must use it all. When someone needs us, he or she needs all of us. There’s no text that can replace a loving touch when someone we love is hurting.” – Ashton Kutcher
34. “You know, I think that romance sort of coincides with effort, so you can fall flat on your face, but as long as you’re making a great effort, I think it comes off as romantic.” – Ashton Kutcher
35. “I really think that you have to find a partner that compliments you and is somebody that pushes you and is better at some things than you are, so they can push you to improve yourself as a person.” – Ashton Kutcher
36. “Vulnerability is the essence of romance. It’s the art of being uncalculated, the willingness to look foolish, the courage to say, ‘This is me, and I’m interested in you enough to show you my flaws with the hope that you may embrace me for all that I am but, more important, all that I am not.'” – Ashton Kutcher
37. “If you really want to make a relationship work, at some point in time, you’re going to have to make some sacrifices and do some things that are a little bit uncomfortable.” – Ashton Kutcher
38. “The goal is not to get into a relationship; the goal is to be in a relationship.” – Ashton Kutcher
39. “Having someone to share not only the joy of life, but the pain of life… that’s been sort of the biggest lesson of marriage. I can never get angry or upset with my partner because they’re just a part of me.” – Ashton Kutcher
40. “I think great relationships are great partnerships, and those come in all shapes, sizes, forms, ages. The only tip I have for anyone in a relationship or a partnership is work on it when it’s good. It’s very easy to try to take the break when things are going good, but that’s the time you have to keep working on it, because you can keep it good, and that’s worth a lot.” – Ashton Kutcher
41. “The largest fear in the world is to speak in public. We fear of stumbling, or public humiliation, and so we’re fearing a face-to-face rejection. So, we’ll say things in a text or e-mail that we would never say face-to-face. So, relationships are coming together faster and breaking apart faster, and they’re a little bit more disposable.” – Ashton Kutcher
42. “When it comes to love, everyone wants to receive it, but at the end of the day, you don’t get to receive it until you start to give it. That goes for everything. What you give is what you receive. If you want the drug, you have to give the drug.” – Ashton Kutcher
43. “All the really successful, happy relationships that I know of, the people that are together are friends, anyways.” – Ashton Kutcher
Did you find these Ashton Kutcher Quotes inspiring?
What are your favourite Ashton Kutcher quotes? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.