W. Clement Stone (1902 – 2002) was a businessman, philanthropist and self-help book author.
He credits a lot of his success to the day he began reading Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, back in 1937. By practising the principles outlines in the book and a strong desire to succeed, Stone ran $100 into million primarily by selling insurance. By 1979, his insurance company exceeded $1 billion in assets.
W. Clement Stone was a living example of the proverbial rags-to-riches story and soon began to help others. One of his great success stories was Og Mandino, an alcoholic whom Stone took under his wing. The relationship led to a new life for Mandino, who became the publisher of Success Magazine.
Stone was a big believe in achieving success through having a positive mental attitude and in 1960 teamed up with Napoleon Hill to to author the book Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude.
Below I’ve put together the collection of the best W. Clement Stone quotes to inspire you have a positive mental attitude. Enjoy!
57 W. Clement Stone Quotes
1. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” – W. Clement Stone
2. “Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” – W. Clement Stone
3. “When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it.” – W. Clement Stone
4. “Like success, failure is many things to many people. With Positive Mental Attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again.” – W. Clement Stone
5. “To every disadvantage there is a corresponding advantage.” – W. Clement Stone
6. “Your most precious, valued possessions and your greatest powers are invisible and intangible. No one can take them. You, and you alone, can give them. You will receive abundance for your giving.” – W. Clement Stone
7. “Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.” – W. Clement Stone
8. “Regardless of who you are or what you have been, you can be what you want to be.” – W. Clement Stone
9. “You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective. Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you toward success – or are they holding you back?” – W. Clement Stone
10. “To be happy, make other people happy.” – W. Clement Stone
11. “Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.” – W. Clement Stone
12. “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” – W. Clement Stone
13. “Thinking will not overcome fear but action will.” – W. Clement Stone
14. “Every great man, every successful man, no matter what the field of endeavor, has known the magic that lies in these words: every adversity has the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit.” – W. Clement Stone
15. “No matter how carefully you plan your goals they will never be more than pipe dreams unless you pursue them with gusto.” – W. Clement Stone
16. “Everyone who achieves success in a great venture, solves each problem as they came to it. They helped themselves. And they were helped through powers known and unknown to them at the time they set out on their voyage. They keep going regardless of the obstacles they met.” – W. Clement Stone
17. “You affect your subconscious mind by verbal repetition.” – W. Clement Stone
18. “Tell everyone what you want to do and someone will want to help you do it.” – W. Clement Stone
19. “There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” – W. Clement Stone
20. “Try, try, try, and keep on trying is the rule that must be followed to become an expert in anything.” – W. Clement Stone
21. “All personal achievement starts in the mind of the individual. Your personal achievement starts in your mind. The first step is to know exactly what your problem, goal or desire is.” – W. Clement Stone
22. “You always do what you want to do. This is true with every act. You may say that you had to do something, or that you were forced to, but actually, whatever you do, you do by choice. Only you have the power to choose for yourself.” – W. Clement Stone
23. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – W. Clement Stone
24. “If think there is something, more important than believing: Action! The world is full of dreamers, there aren’t enough who will move ahead and begin to take concrete steps to actualize their vision.” – W. Clement Stone
25. “That’s why many fail – because they don’t get started – they don’t go. They don’t overcome inertia. They don’t begin.” – W. Clement Stone
26. “Keep your mind on your objective, and persist until you succeed. Study, think and plan.” – W. Clement Stone
27. “The natural law of inertia: matter will remain at rest or continue in uniform motion in the same straight line unless acted upon by some external force.” – W. Clement Stone
28. “When our attitude towards ourselves is big, and our attitude toward others is generous and merciful, we attract big and generous portions of success.” – W. Clement Stone
29. “Give time for a worthy cause with eagerness and you will be worthy and richly rewarded.” – W. Clement Stone
30. “The more you think about your goals, the more enthusiastic you become.” – W. Clement Stone
31. “Do it now.” – W. Clement Stone
32. “If you employed study, thinking, and planning time daily, you could develop and use the power that can change the course of your destiny.” – W. Clement Stone
33. “You can develop a burning desire to succeed. How? Keep your mind on the things you want and off the things you don’t want.” – W. Clement Stone
34. “Success is achieved and maintained by those who try, and keep trying, for there is nothing to lose by trying and a great deal to gain if successful. By all means TRY! Do it NOW!!!” – W. Clement Stone
35. “The reason so few people are successful is no one has yet found a way for someone to sit down and slide uphill.” – W. Clement Stone
36. “To solve a problem or to reach a goal, you don’t need to know all the answers in advance. But you must have a clear idea of the problem or the goal you want to reach.” – W. Clement Stone
37. “If there is something to gain and nothing to lose by asking, by all means ask!” – W. Clement Stone
38. “Effort and work can become fun when you establish specific desirable goals.” – W. Clement Stone
39. “Instead of believing the world is plotting to do you harm, choose to believe the world is plotting to do you good. Instead of seeing every difficult challenging event as a negative, see it for what it could be – something that is meant to enrich you, empower you, or advance your causes.” – W. Clement Stone
40. “Meet the most important living person! That person is you.” – W. Clement Stone
41. “If you cannot save money, the seeds of greatness are not in you.” – W. Clement Stone
42. “With every adversity there is a seed of an equivalent or greater benefit for those who are motivated with positive mental attitude to become achievers.” – W. Clement Stone
43. “To become an expert achiever in any human activity, it takes practice… practice… practice.” – W. Clement Stone
44. “Be generous! Give to those you love; give to those who love you; give to the fortunate; give to the unfortunate – yes, give especially to those to whom you don’t want to give. You will receive abundance for your giving. The more you give, the more you will have!” – W. Clement Stone
45. “So, you’ve got a problem? That’s good! Why? Because repeated victories over your problems are the rungs on your ladder of success. With each victory, you grow in wisdom, stature and experience. You become a better, bigger, more successful person each time you meet a problem and tackle and conquer it with a positive mental attitude.” – W. Clement Stone
46. “You will receive abundance for your giving. The more you give, the more you will have!” – W. Clement Stone
47. “The choice is yours. You hold the tiller. You can steer the course you choose in the direction of where you want to be – today, tomorrow, or in a distant time to come.” – W. Clement Stone
48. “It takes less work to succeed than to fail.” – W. Clement Stone
49. “When we direct our thoughts properly i.e. ‘Things could be worse but aren’t’, we can control our emotions… i.e. and feel relieved, grateful, satisfied, hopeful and happy.” – W. Clement Stone
50. “It is interesting to note that life never leaves us stranded. If life hands us a problem, it hands us also the abilities with which to meet the problem.” – W. Clement Stone
51. “If you know what you want, you can find a way to get it.” – W. Clement Stone
52. “You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by trying.” – W. Clement Stone
53. “Sometimes the things that seem to be adversities turn out to be opportunities in disguise.” – W. Clement Stone
54. “We are masters, first, of our attitudes. Our attitudes shape our future. This is a universal law.” – W. Clement Stone
55. “If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you are right now.” – W. Clement Stone
56. “There is more to success than reading self-help books and extracting the philosophy contained in them, and that is action. The true value of a self-help book is not what the writer puts into the book, but what you, the reader, take out of the book and put into your life.” – W. Clement Stone
57. “The first step is to know exactly what your problem, goal or desire is. If you’re not clear about this, then write it down, and then rewrite it until the words express precisely what you are after.” – W. Clement Stone
Did you find these W. Clement Stone Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these W. Clement Stone quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...
Top 21 Morpheus Quotes From The Matrix
Looking for the best Morpheus quotes from The Matrix? Then look no further! While some may consider the Matrix to...
127 David Goggins Quotes To Be Successful
Looking for the best collection of David Goggins quotes? Then look no further! David Goggins is a man who was...
101 Brené Brown Quotes On Courage, Vulnerability & Shame
Looking for the best collection of Brené Brown quotes? Then look no further. Brené Brown is a research professor at...