Mark Wahlberg is one of the most successful people in Hollywood.
The former model and rapper made a successful transition into acting and producing. He’s starred in many blockbuster films such as The Departed, Daddy’s Home, The Other Guys, Ted, Contraband and The Figher to name a few.
Wahlberg has also served as the executive producer for four HBO series: The hugely popular Entourage, Broadwalk Empire, How To Make It In America and Ballers.
Mark Wahlberg had a troubled early life but was able to turn it around through sheer hard work and dedication toward his goals.
Below is the best collection of Mark Wahlberg quotes on life and success that will hopefully inspire you to remain dedicated to your dreams.
37 Mark Wahlberg Quotes
1. “I’ve always wanted to do right in life. But the wanting and the doing aren’t quite the same thing.” – Mark Wahlberg
2. “I work as hard as anybody will ever work and I like that, That’s why I’ve been successful and that is when I feel good about myself. If I do my damnedest and don’t succeed, I feel good about the effort.” – Mark Wahlberg
3. “If I can start my day out by saying my prayers and getting myself focused then I know I’m doing the right thing. That 10 minutes helps me in every way throughout the day.” – Mark Wahlberg
4. “I have more money now than I know what to do with.” – Mark Wahlberg
5. “I don’t want to let my guard down and feel too comfortable.” – Mark Wahlberg
6. “If you become complacent, you start feeling entitled.” – Mark Wahlberg
7. “The hardest thing about changing yourself is changing how other people see you.” – Mark Wahlberg
8. “I never lie. I believe everything I say, so it’s not a lie.” – Mark Wahlberg
9. “For me to sit down and ask for material things is ridiculous. It’s a much bigger picture than that. I want to serve God and to be a good human being and to make up for the mistakes I made and the pain I put people through. That’s what I’m praying for.” – Mark Wahlberg
10. “If I succeed in business but fail as a father, then I’ve failed.” – Mark Wahlberg
11. “There’s a storm inside of us. I’ve heard many team guys speak of this. A burning. A river. A drive. An unrelenting drive to push yourself further than anyone could ever think possible.” – Mark Wahlberg
12. “You got to have faith. Look at all the junk and see the treasure.” – Mark Wahlberg
13. “They might buy your CD or watch your movie, but you don’t put food on their table. You don’t pay their bills. A lot of Hollywood is living in a bubble. They’re pretty out of touch with the common person, the everyday person, the everyday guy out there providing for their family.” – Mark Wahlberg
14. “You know you have two choices in life, basically, to succeed or to fail.” – Mark Wahlberg
15. “I’m always friendly and encouraging on set. I want people to be at their best creatively.” – Mark Wahlberg
16. “I’ve always wanted to be in the health and wellness business. I try to encourage people to live a healthy lifestyle.” – Mark Wahlberg
17. “For me, family always comes first; I would do anything to protect them.” – Mark Wahlberg
18. “There’s nothing better than meeting somebody with a great soul, and a great spirit and a good heart.” – Mark Wahlberg
19. “I’m fortunate that my job gives me the motivation to be as far as possible. I wound up in a profession that requires physical and mental preparation, so I get to prepare like an athlete for everything I do. I’m living the dream, man.” – Mark Wahlberg
20. “I don’t want to let my guard down and feel too comfortable. If you become complacent, you start feeling entitled. I’m ready to go dig ditches if I have to. Whatever I gotta do to provide for my family. Whatever I gotta do to make sure that I do the best possible job at whatever wonderful opportunities I’ve been handed.” – Mark Wahlberg
21. “I like to talk to people. I’ve got one assistant, one Blackberry. That’s my overhead. I don’t text that much or email. I like to sit down face-to-face and have a conversation with you. I’m old-fashioned.” – Mark Wahlberg
22. “I did a lot of things that I regretted and I certainly paid for my mistakes. You have to go and ask for forgiveness and it wasn’t until I really started doing good and doing right, by other people as well as myself, that I really started to feel that guilt go away. So I don’t have a problem going to sleep at night.” – Mark Wahlberg
23. “It’s all about hustling, whether it’s in Boston or the film industry. I’ve been hustling my entire life – acting my way into trouble and acting my way back out again. I’m just fortunate to have had the opportunity to apply it in a different direction.” – Mark Wahlberg
24. “And I tell you, having girls has made me a much better man. I have friends who are fathers, but they only have boys, and they have the same attitude toward women they always had, you know? And I don’t play that…My girls, you mess with them? I will bury you underground.” – Mark Wahlberg
25. “As far as I’m concerned, there’s no job more important on the planet than being a mom.” – Mark Wahlberg
26. “It’s funny, because when you’re younger you’re in a rush to be 18 or 21 or whatever. But then you hit 30. And now, the days go by like hours. You think, 40, man, this could be the halfway point. It could be the three-quarters point, you know? Who knows?” – Mark Wahlberg
27. “I’ve always looked at my career as an athlete would look at his. I won’t play forever. Some don’t know when to walk away, but the smart ones do.” – Mark Wahlberg
28. “Being fit is almost as important to me as my face. And for me, it’s a combination of being spiritually and physically fit. There are guys who want to look good, and there are guys who want to perform at their best. Being fit is about being able to perform at your best, not necessarily just looking your best.” – Mark Wahlberg
29. “Growing up, I think I was arrested 20-odd times by the Boston police. The good news is that I’ve been able to use those experiences in a lot of my roles, and that has been a blessing.” – Mark Wahlberg
30. “Look, if you’re driving down the highway at 120 miles an hour, I’d rather be behind the wheel than in the backseat.” – Mark Wahlberg
31. “The important thing is that ever since I realized all the wrongs that I had done, I have been trying to correct them for the past 27 years.” – Mark Wahlberg
32. “I attribute all of my success to my Catholic faith. My faith has given me the ability to be a good father, a good husband and most importantly a good person.” – Mark Wahlberg
33. “I want to give my kids the world, but I also want them to appreciate everything, to succeed, to be good people, to enjoy life. This is my most important role. If I fail at this, I fail at everything.” – Mark Wahlberg
34. “Having more success allows you more freedom to take more risks and do things.” – Mark Wahlberg
35. “I just want to do the best possible job with everything that I do. But I’m far more concerned with being a good father as opposed to being a good actor because that’s what’s really going to matter.” – Mark Wahlberg
36. “The world obviously needs to change…If we can’t protect our innocent women and children, then we have a serious problem.” – Mark Wahlberg
37. “Pretty early on in making the first movie I realized that this is what I wanted to do. I felt like by that time I just found my niche, like this is what I was supposed to be doing. So I completely submerged myself into the world of watching movies, making my own movies, buying video cameras and lights. When I wasn’t making a movie, I was making my own movies. When I wasn’t making movies, I was watching movies. I was going back and studying film and looking back at guys that were perceived as great guys that I can identify with. It just became my life.” – Mark Wahlberg
Did you enjoy these Mark Wahlberg Quotes?
If you liked these Mark Wahlberg quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.