Looking for the best Tyler Perry quotes?
Tyler Perry is an American actor, playwright, filmmaker, and comedian.
He is best known for creating and performing the Madea character, a tough elderly black woman. He has also had great success with stage plays and several television series such as Tyler Perry’s House Of Payne.
On October 2, 2012, Perry struck an exclusive multi-year partnership with Oprah Winfrey and her Oprah Winfrey Network. Tyler Perry has created multiple scripted series for the network, The Haves and the Have Nots being its most successful.
Born Emmitt Perry Jr, Tyler Perry suffered an abusive childhood. As a child, Perry once went so far as to attempt suicide in an effort to escape his father’s beatings. In contrast to his father, his mother took him to church each week, where he sensed a certain refuge and contentment. Not only beaten but also molested on multiple occasions, at age 16 Perry legally changed his name to Tyler to distance himself from his father.
While Perry didn’t complete High School, he did earn a GED. In his early 20’s he was able to discover a passion for writing when he heard of its therapeutic effects. This then set him on his path to success.
Tyler Perry is one of the highest paid people in entertainment. As of 2019, Tyler Perry’s net worth is $800 million.
The inspirational Tyler Perry quotes below are his best advice to life, faith and success that will motivate you to follow your dreams.
Inspirational Tyler Perry Quotes
1. “Your beginning never dictates your destination.” – Tyler Perry
2. “It doesn’t matter if a million people tell you what you can’t do, or if ten million people tell you no. If you get one yes from God, that’s all you need.” – Tyler Perry
3. “What I have learned in this life is, you can never be ashamed of where you come from.” – Tyler Perry
4. “I work three months really hard, nonstop, and then I take a month off. Then I do do it all over again. I work hard but I give myself four breaks a year.” – Tyler Perry
5. “I don’t think dreams die – I think that people give up.” – Tyler Perry
6. “Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself at whatever you do because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life.” – Tyler Perry
7. “When you haven’t forgiven those who’ve hurt you, you turn your back against your future. When you do forgive, you start walking forward.” – Tyler Perry (There are a lot of great Tyler Perry quotes on forgiveness. This is my favourite, what’s yours?)
8. “Focus on one thing, make it your priority, and stick with it no matter what.” – Tyler Perry
9. “I’ve never chased money. It’s always been about what I can do to motivate and inspire people.” – Tyler Perry
10. “Once you’re truly happy with yourself alone, that’s when you are safe to find the right person to spend the rest of your life with.” – Tyler Perry (One of the best Tyler Perry quotes on relationships.)
11. “Life is sometimes hard, and you have to laugh your way through it.” – Tyler Perry
12. “It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place because it frees you.” – Tyler Perry
13. “Sometimes we try to hold on to the very things that God himself is trying to tear apart.” – Tyler Perry
14. “You can’t make yourself happy by causing other people’s misery.” – Tyler Perry
15. “I’m just enjoying my life. I suggest you try it.” – Tyler Perry
16. “There will be rough nights but joy really does come in the morning.” – Tyler Perry
17. “I thank God for closed doors.” – Tyler Perry
18. “Put all your energy into watering one area. If you spread the water across many seeds, you don’t have as much water for one seed. Focus on one thing. Make it your priority.” – Tyler Perry (One of the best Tyler Perry quotes on success, especially if you’re an entrepreneur.)
19. “Love is stronger than any addiction.” – Tyler Perry
20. “We all have the power to be a point of light.” – Tyler Perry
21. “He who has the gold makes the rules.” – Tyler Perry
22. “What I’ve learned is you treat women right.” – Tyler Perry
23. “For me, there is a guiding compass that just lives inside of me. Every time I’ve gone against it, something bad has happened. As long as I stay in line and honor it, it has really been life-changing.” – Tyler Perry
24. “The key to life when it gets tough is to keep moving. Just keep moving.” – Tyler Perry
25. “Be aware of the darkness but your focus should always be the light.” – Tyler Perry
26. “Don’t let people change who you are, just be who you are with someone else.” – Tyler Perry
27. “It takes a while to build a dream.” – Tyler Perry
28. “The dream will outlive the dreamer so dream big.” – Tyler Perry
29. “You give away your power when you don’t forgive.” – Tyler Perry
30. “Be careful what you say, life and death truly are in your own words.” – Tyler Perry
31. “Take time to smell the roses but be careful of the bees.” – Tyler Perry
32. “I always feed myself positivity. I turn to anything that teaches good, that teaches strength, and that you can make it. I swear to you that those kinds of thoughts come alive in your body and in anything you touch because your energy goes into everything you touch, everything you share and everything you speak. So, it’s most important that you surround yourself with positivity always, and have it in your mind at all times.” – Tyler Perry
33. “The will to live is as strong as the will to love and be loved.” – Tyler Perry
34. “What rings true is that everything we grow through in life will work out for our good.” – Tyler Perry
35. “Don’t stop. Narrow your focus to one idea, and make it work. That will give birth to all of the others. All you can do is plant the seed and water it.” – Tyler Perry
36. “You can learn something from everything and everybody, especially the elderly.” – Tyler Perry
37. “Don’t share your dreams with everyone and don’t be angry with non-dreamers.” – Tyler Perry
38. “People always try to do the right thing..after they’ve tried everything else.” – Tyler Perry
39. “While the most dangerous person in the world is a person with nothing to lose, the most powerful person in the world is a person with nothing to prove.” – Tyler Perry
40. “You can never be upset with the people who forced you into your dream or up higher.” – Tyler Perry
41. “You will always find jealous people. They’re the ones promoting you.” – Tyler Perry
42. “Bitterness is as toxic as stage 4 cancer.” – Tyler Perry
43. “It ain’t what people call you. It’s what you answer to.” – Tyler Perry
44. “People say the truth hurts. Hell no, it hurts even more if you do a whole bunch of foolishness to try and avoid it.” – Tyler Perry
45. “Who you are at 20 will not be who you are at 40 and if it is, something is wrong!” – Tyler Perry
46. “Are you living or just existing?” – Tyler Perry
47. “Don’t wait for someone to green light your project, build your own intersection.” – Tyler Perry
48. “Keep your dreams alive. No matter how hard it gets, no matter how many people talk about you; they’re going to throw dirt on you but that’s alright, when they put you in that box (after your dead), they’re going to put dirt on you some more, so that’s okay – Go, don’t be afraid, have no fear.” – Tyler Perry
49. “Heartbreak can make you hard! But don’t let it make you bitter.” – Tyler Perry
50. “Never wish to be somebody else.” – Tyler Perry
51. “All of the power that you have and all of the strength that you have and all the ideas that you have are in or born in your uniqueness.” – Tyler Perry
52. “The grass may be greener on the other side but the water bill is higher.” – Tyler Perry
53. “If you are in business trying to make it, things are falling apart and you can’t get it together and you don’t know what is going on and you wanna stop. Don’t stop. The only way you can make it and have true success in your life. And there’s one way. You can’t have any fear.” – Tyler Perry
54. “You can’t build your life around hurts from the past.” – Tyler Perry
55. “Everything that happens to you can work for your good if you let it.” – Tyler Perry
56. “There’s nothing like real forgiveness, a deep-down forgiveness where you don’t hold any grudges against people. I forgave for the things they didn’t know and for the things they didn’t know to do.” – Tyler Perry
57. “I haven’t had a worst business decision, because I believe all things work together for good.” – Tyler Perry
58. “Focus on one thing, one area. Put all of your energy into watering one area.” – Tyler Perry
59. “Never despise small beginnings.” – Tyler Perry
60. “I think there’s something that happens at 40 where you settle into your own skin and you stop caring what people think – you realize life is a gift from God and you want to live it to the fullest.” – Tyler Perry
61. “I only wanna put out good things because I only want good things to come to me.” – Tyler Perry
62. “All you can do is plant your seed in the ground, water it and believe. That’s what allowed me to be in this position right now, I would not stop believing.” – Tyler Perry
63. “The thing about using other people’s money is they’re going to set the rules.” – Tyler Perry
64. “Anything you want is possible, If I didn’t believe it, I wouldn’t take the time to send this message to you.” – Tyler Perry
65. “Rather than focus on your critics, focus on the people who are impacted by your work.” – Tyler Perry
66. “If I’m away from you for more than an hour, I can’t stop thinking about you. I carry you in my spirit. I pray for you more than I pray for myself…I know you don’t believe in fairy tales. But, if you did, I’d want to be your knight in shining armor. You’ve been through so much. I don’t want to see you hurt anymore. Now I may not be able to give you all that your used to. But I do know I can love you past your pain. I don’t want you to worry about anything. You just wake up in the morning, that’s all you have to do and I’ll take it from there…There’s one condition…You have to be my wife.” – Tyler Perry
67. “You let your past destroy you, or you use it to create something better.” – Tyler Perry
68. “I live my life outside of the box because when I die they’re going to put me into one!” – Tyler Perry
69. “I wanted just for people to know that, no matter how simple your life is, if you have millions or you don’t have anything, you can be happy where you are.” – Tyler Perry
70. “You need to know that you can’t honor God when you’re chained to the voice and opinions of man.” – Tyler Perry
71. “It’s so important to forgive people for their wrongs in your own life because every bit of it was for a reason-it was to form the person that you are.” – Tyler Perry
72. “A degree on the wall, without labels on your back, is nothing.” – Tyler Perry
73. “The most important thing that I learned in growing up is that forgiveness is something that, when you do it, you free yourself to move on.” – Tyler Perry
74. “When it all comes down to it, life isn’t about how much we get – it’s about how much we share.” – Tyler Perry
75. “If you haven’t forgiven someone, it does not hurt that person. They’re sleeping at night. You’re holding onto that, and all the damage is being done to you internally.” – Tyler Perry
76. “You close the door on me and tell me I can’t, I’m gonna find a way to get in.” – Tyler Perry
77. “Life is so precious, such a gift, you have to live for you. Live your own truth, live the life that God has put you and nobody else on this Earth to live and not what somebody might be telling you to live.” – Tyler Perry
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favourite Tyler Perry quotes? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
55 Best The Wolf Of Wall Street Quotes
Looking for the best quotes from The Wolf of Wall Street? Then look no further. The Wolf of Wall Street...
67 Famous Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
If you’re looking for the best Theodore Roosevelt quotes then look no further. Theodore Roosevelt is remembered as one of...
33 Chris Sacca Quotes On Investing, Startups & Success
Looking for the best Chris Sacca quotes? Then look no further! Chris Sacca is an American venture investor, company advisor,...
49 J.K. Rowling Quotes On Life, Failure & Magic
Looking for the best J.K. Rowling quotes? Then look no further! Today, J.K. Rowling is one of the most famous...
77 Tyler Perry Quotes On Life, Faith & Success
Looking for the best Tyler Perry quotes? Tyler Perry is an American actor, playwright, filmmaker, and comedian. He is best...