Looking for the best collection of inspirational Tom Ford quotes?
Tom Ford is an American fashion designer, film director, screenwriter, and film producer. Having previously served as the Creative Director at luxury fashion houses Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent, Ford launched a line of menswear, beauty, eyewear, and accessories in 2006, named after himself, “Tom Ford”.
Why is Tom Ford so popular? It seem’s to be a common question.
In 2013, Ford was mentioned in Justin Timberlake‘s song “Suit & Tie”, which was a collaboration with Jay Z. He went on to dress Timberlake’s 20/20 Experience World Tour, designing over 600 pieces for the tour.
In the same year, Jay Z released a song titled “Tom Ford” with “Tom Ford” rapped numerous times within the song. The release of that song really spiked internet searches for Ford.
Having won many awards and nominations for his contribution to the fashion industry Tom Ford has also experienced encouraging success as a filmmaker with his movies A Single Man (2009) and Nocturnal Animals (2016).
Tom Ford’s estimated net worth is $200 million as of 2019.
Below you’ll find the best Tom Ford quotes on fashion, life, style and success. The lesson’s I’ve taken away from him are love what you do, work hard, don’t be attached to material things and always dress well. Hope you enjoy the post.
Tom Ford Quotes On Life And Success
1. “You have to love what you do, to the point that you cannot imagine doing anything else with your life. You have to sleep, breath and live this. Otherwise, you really need to get out, now. And that’s not a joke.” – Tom Ford
2. “I believe in living life the way that you want to live it every day, and if you do that, you don’t really need to have New Year’s resolutions.” – Tom Ford
3. “I love to work. If I’m awake I’m working. But working isn’t working for me, working for me is the way I am, it’s just fun.” – Tom Ford
4. “I am totally fearless! Well, of course, I’m not totally fearless. I worry constantly and obsess over things, but I just don’t let fear stand in the way of doing something that I really want to do.” – Tom Ford
5. “Time and silence are the most luxurious things today.” – Tom Ford (One of my favourite Tom Ford quotes and very true.)
6. “What is important is that we stop and realize, ‘Okay. This is fine. I can enjoy that.’ But what is really important, what I’m really going to take away with me from this life, is my connection with other people.” – Tom Ford
7. “I am one of those people who isn’t great at anything, but I’m pretty good at most things.” – Tom Ford
8. “I am a spiritual person in an eastern religion kind of way. I learned that happiness for all of us is a switch that you flick in your brain. It doesn’t have anything to do with getting a new house, a new car, a new girlfriend, or a new pair of shoes. Our culture is very much about that; we are never happy with what we have today.” – Tom Ford
9. “When I am on my deathbed, I don’t think I will be thinking about a nice pair of shoes I had or my beautiful house. I am going to be thinking about an evening I spent with somebody when I was twenty where I felt that I was just absolutely connected to them.” – Tom Ford
10. “I guess I’m just one of these people who, when I decide I’m going to do something, I just do it.” – Tom Ford
11. “I’m a believer in fate and in fulfilling your destiny. I’ve always had a kind of inner voice that I have learned to listen to.” – Tom Ford
12. “I am a perfectionist. This job is a total ego thing in a way. To be a designer and say, ‘This is the way they should dress; this is the way their homes should look; this is the way the world should be.’ But then, that’s the goal: world domination through style.” – Tom Ford
13. “When I read about young designers selling 51 percent of their company to someone else, I cringe. I want to say, ‘Don’t do it – call me first.'” – Tom Ford
14. “I think people who are compelled to achieve never really think they’ve achieved… I think the moment you get to a place when you think ‘Oh I’m a fashion legend’ then that’s when you’re no longer competitive in your field.” – Tom Ford
15. “Do something first, then talk about it.” – Tom Ford
16. “When you are having fun and creating something you love, it shows in the product. So when a woman is sifting through a rack of clothes, somehow that piece of clothing that you had so much fun designing speaks to her; she responds to it and buys it. I believe you can actually transfer that energy to material things as you’re creating them.” – Tom Ford
17. “Every day is one less day.” – Tom Ford
18. “I’m living the exact life I planned on living when I was five. My life has taken some turns and changes that I didn’t anticipate, and it has brought me different things. I thought material things would bring me happiness, which they didn’t. But through this, I have learned what things are important and what aren’t.” – Tom Ford
19. “From the time we’re born until we die, we’re kept busy with artificial stuff that isn’t important.” – Tom Ford
20. “I don’t work for money any longer. I’m fortunate enough not to need to work for money, but I work for pride; I work because I love to work, and so the idea that one could lose control of one’s own name and that things could be produced with your name on that you were not proud of scared me.” – Tom Ford
21. “I thrive on failure.” – Tom Ford
22. “It’s really never fair to judge people because none of us know what’s going on inside anyone else’s head.” – Tom Ford
23. “Material possessions don’t mean much to me. They’re beautiful and I enjoy them, but ultimately they’re not important.” – Tom Ford
24. “There are many designers who have much greater talent as a designer than I do, but they may not have my drive, they may not work as hard, they may not have the focus, the desire… You have to have a talent because, at the end of the day, if the pants you design don’t make someone’s butt look great, they’re not going to buy them.” – Tom Ford
25. “Good manners is what transforms a man into a gentleman.” – Tom Ford
26. “Choose your team carefully. So much of your success is due to the people who you surround yourself with. Your friends, your family, and the people that you work with – they all play an important role in inspiring you and supporting you and giving you stability. These are the people in your life who will be honest with you.” – Tom Ford
27. “There are no right or wrong answers, There is only intuition.” – Tom Ford
28. “I am not a person who is about reality. I am about enhanced reality.” – Tom Ford
29. “I think that the older you get, the more you become your true, essential self. You find the things that make you happy. You whittle away the parts of yourself that mean less to you.” – Tom Ford
30. “I strive to create products with authenticity, quality, and substance.” – Tom Ford
31. “In my adult life I’ve understood that if I put an enormous amount of love and honesty into something, usually that shows in the end.” – Tom Ford
32. “When you find somebody good, keep them in your life.” – Tom Ford
33. “What’s so wrong with vanity? It’s different from narcissism, you know? It’s not about admiring yourself – it’s about taking pride in your appearance.” – Tom Ford
34. “Only hire people you want to have dinner with.” – Tom Ford
35. “You can’t fake anything. If you’re honest and true and you love something, and you put that energy into it, people can usually feel it on the other side.” – Tom Ford
36. “I believe that when you really want to do something, you should go ahead and do it. I mean, I feel fear, but I never let that stop me.” – Tom Ford
37. “I’m very direct. I don’t have tantrums. I don’t yell or shout. I do expect an awful lot from my staff, but no more than I expect of myself.” – Tom Ford
38. “If I’m having a bad day I put on the very best thing I have. I polish my shoes, I shine everything up, because that helps me get though the day. It helps me, you know, it’s in a sense armor. It says, okay, I’m a mess inside but you know what, on the outside I’m going to be pulled together, everything is okay.” – Tom Ford
39. “You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged and you have to be contributing to the world.” – Tom Ford
40. “We are living in a material world, so why not live with something beautiful?” – Tom Ford
41. “I never want to retire until the day I drop dead. I want to work and work and work because work, I don’t do for money, I do for love. And I love to work.” – Tom Ford
42. “I find a bath meditative and usually prepare myself for the day in this manner.” – Tom Ford
Tom Ford Quotes On Fashion & Style
43. “Always keep your jacket buttoned. If I had one rule for men, it’s this. It instantly makes your silhouette.” – Tom Ford
44. “I understand that I have a certain look that can be used to my advantage. I know the power of that when I walk into a room and talk to people, and I can use it as an advertising tool. Now I am actually selling me, my face, my thoughts. So I am my guy.” – Tom Ford
45. “Dressing well is an expression of manners.” – Tom Ford
46. “A man should try wearing a suit throughout a normal day. I do most things in a suit – and sometimes even in a tuxedo – so I’m really comfortable in one. I don’t believe in playing around much with suit cuts. I like a simple, classic shape that gives a man strong shoulders, a fitted waist, and long legs.” – Tom Ford
47. “Keep your jacket buttoned. Always. It’s just really flattering – it will take pounds off you.” – Tom Ford
48. “There’s a different kind of comfort that comes from knowing that you are putting your best foot forward. It’s called psychological comfort. Look at a picture of the Coney Island boardwalk in 1925. Men were in full-on three-piece suits, hats. They may have only had one suit. But they pressed it. They made it look as good as possible.” – Tom Ford
49. “Figure out what your look is. I don’t wear a black suit-white shirt combination all the time to be ‘iconic’ but because I’m most comfortable in this and I don’t feel the need to experiment.” – Tom Ford
50. “Even with a soft jaw, when you trim your beard well, you’ll look sharp and chiseled.” – Tom Ford
51. “A good trick as you get older is to get a thick pair of glasses that have a dark frame. Everything else can droop and slide but that pair of dark glasses stays sharp and crisp.” – Tom Ford
52. “Never, ever, ever wear anything you are uncomfortable in. Because that is what you’ll project: ‘I look like a fool.’ Even if you don’t – you’ll be tentative and not your best.” – Tom Ford
53. “Dressing well is a kind of good manners, if you ask me. When you’re standing in a room, your effect is the same as a chair’s effect, or a sculpture’s. You’re part of someone’s view, you’re part of that world, and so you should dress well. I find it’s a show of respect to try to put on your best face and look as good as you can.” – Tom Ford (This is of the famous Tom Ford quotes about dressing well.)
54. “You should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.” – Tom Ford
55. “Style for me is some one who figures out who they are. What works on them. What they feel good in and develops that. Develops their character. And the outer expression of their character is what is style.” – Tom Ford
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favourite Tom Ford quotes? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
55 Best The Wolf Of Wall Street Quotes
Looking for the best quotes from The Wolf of Wall Street? Then look no further. The Wolf of Wall Street...
67 Famous Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
If you’re looking for the best Theodore Roosevelt quotes then look no further. Theodore Roosevelt is remembered as one of...
33 Chris Sacca Quotes On Investing, Startups & Success
Looking for the best Chris Sacca quotes? Then look no further! Chris Sacca is an American venture investor, company advisor,...
49 J.K. Rowling Quotes On Life, Failure & Magic
Looking for the best J.K. Rowling quotes? Then look no further! Today, J.K. Rowling is one of the most famous...
77 Tyler Perry Quotes On Life, Faith & Success
Looking for the best Tyler Perry quotes? Tyler Perry is an American actor, playwright, filmmaker, and comedian. He is best...