Looking for the best Tiger Woods Quotes? Then look no further.
Tiger Woods is one of the greatest golfers of all time and has been one of the highest-paid athletes for several years.
Woods achieved success at a very young age. In fact within a year of turning pro at the age of 20 he had won three PGA Tour events in addition to his first major, the 1997 Masters.
Tiger Woods has broken numerous golf records. He has been World Number One for the most consecutive weeks and for the greatest total number of weeks of any golfer. He has been awarded PGA Player of the Year a record eleven times.
In 2009, Forbes confirmed that Tiger Woods was the world’s first athlete to earn over a billion dollars in his career. The same year, Forbes estimated his net worth to be $600 million.
His dedication, competitiveness and will to win have made him one of the greatest of all time. Below are 77 motivational Tiger Woods quotes that you can use to fuel your success.
77 Tiger Woods Quotes
1. “Winning takes care of everything.” – Tiger Woods
2. “My will can move mountains.” – Tiger Woods
3. “I love to compete. That’s the essence of who I am.” – Tiger Woods
4. “People don’t understand that when I grew up, I was never the most talented, I was never the biggest, I was never the fastest, I certainly was never the strongest. The only thing I had was my work ethic, and that’s been what has gotten me this far.” – Tiger Woods
5. “I smile at obstacles.” – Tiger Woods
6. “Never listen to other people’s expectations. You should live your life and live up to your own expectation.” – Tiger Woods
7. “I’m addicted. I’m addicted to golf.” – Tiger Woods
8. “Days when you just don’t have it, you don’t pack it in, you give it everything you’ve. You grind it out.” – Tiger Woods
9. “Golf is a great way for someone to learn discipline, responsibility and sportsmanship.” – Tiger Woods
10. “My main focus is on my game.” – Tiger Woods
11. “You have to look at the past in order to learn from it and move on.” – Tiger Woods
12. “The only reason I enter an event is to win.” – Tiger Woods
13. “If you can’t laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?” – Tiger Woods
14. “There’s no sense in going to a tournament if you don’t believe that you can win it. And that is the belief I have always had, and that is not going to change.” – Tiger Woods
15. “I get to play golf for a living. What more can you ask for – getting paid for doing what you love.” – Tiger Woods
16. “Well, you know, a lot of people look at the negative things, the things that they did wrong and – which I do. But I like to stress on the things I did right, because there are certain things that I like to look at from a positive standpoint that are just positive reinforcement.” – Tiger Woods
17. “Winning is not always the barometer of getting better.” – Tiger Woods
18. “As a child, the family that I had and the love I had from my two parents allowed me to go ahead and be more aggressive, to search and to take risks knowing that, if I failed, I could always come home to a family of love and support.” – Tiger Woods
19. “Achievements on the golf course are not what matters, decency and honesty are what matter.” – Tiger Woods
20. “Sensationalism sells: Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story.” – Tiger Woods
21. “I did envisage being this successful as a player, but not all the hysteria around it off the golf course.” – Tiger Woods
22. “I want to be what I’ve always wanted to be: dominant.” – Tiger Woods
23. “The joy I get from winning a major championship doesn’t even compare to the feeling I get when a kid writes a letter saying: ‘Thank you so much. You have changed my life.'” – Tiger Woods
24. “I wake up every day and I can’t wait to go to work, and that’s a gift. Not too many people have the opportunity to feel that way.” – Tiger Woods
25. “If you’re lucky to have three close people in your life, you’re blessed.” – Tiger Woods
26. “Don’t force your kids into sports. I never was. To this day, my dad has never asked me to go play golf. I ask him. It’s the child’s desire to play that matters, not the parent’s desire to have the child play. Fun. Keep it fun.” – Tiger Woods
27. “I mean, as an athlete, as a competitor, you have to have that belief in yourself.” – Tiger Woods
28. “If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person’s life in a positive light, and that’s what I want to do. That’s what it’s all about.” – Tiger Woods
29. “Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn’t have to mean public confessions.” – Tiger Woods
30. “The thing you don’t dream about as a kid is all the peripheral stuff that comes with success.” – Tiger Woods
31. “Money and fame made me believe I was entitled. I was wrong and foolish.” – Tiger Woods
32. “I’ve always known where I wanted to go in life.” – Tiger Woods
33. “You’ve got to stay patient, stay in the moment, and keep grinding. You never know what can happen.” – Tiger Woods
34. “It’s OK to fail. Failing does not shape your personality; it’s how you react upon your failure. Do you dust yourself off and mope or do you dust yourself off and come back stronger the next time? Eventually you will win. It may not happen the next time, it may take a little time but you will win in the end.” – Tiger Woods
35. “There’s nothing wrong with having your goals really high and trying to achieve them. That’s the fun part. You may come up short. I’ve come up short on a lot on my goals, but it’s always fun to try and achieve them.” – Tiger Woods
36. “You’re going to make mistakes. The key is to learn from them as fast as possible and make changes as soon as you can. That’s not always easy to do because ego and pride get in the way, but you have to put all that aside and look at the big picture.” – Tiger Woods
37. “Look, there are no shortcuts in golf, and there are no shortcuts in life. You have to work for it. Dream big and keep your dreams for yourself. Because the dreams that you have are those things that separate you from others. If you give up your dream, you give up hope. And without hope, you are nothing.” – Tiger Woods
38. “My dad told me this: You get out of it what you put into it. If you put in effort and log your time, you’ll get the results.” – Tiger Woods
39. “Never beat yourself up. There are going to be plenty of people who are going to do that for you.” – Tiger Woods
40. “My mind is my biggest asset. I expect to win every tournament I play.” – Tiger Woods
41. “You’re going to go years where you just don’t win. That’s ok, as long as you keep trying to improve.” – Tiger Woods
42. “There’s always stuff to work on. You’re never really there.” – Tiger Woods
43. “Under pressure, you can win with your mind.” – Tiger Woods
44. “I’m trying as hard as I can, and sometimes things don’t go your way, and that’s the way things go.” – Tiger Woods
45. “It’s been a lot of fun to see some fruits of my hard labour.” – Tiger Woods
46. “No matter how good you get you can always get better, and that’s the exciting part.” – Tiger Woods
47. “Talent is something you are born with, and a skill is something you develop. 99% of what you need to succeed in golf are skills.” – Tiger Woods
48. “The greatest thing about tomorrow is, I will be better than I am today…There is no such thing as a setback. The lessons I learn today I will apply tomorrow, and I will be better.” – Tiger Woods
49. “I believe in myself. There’s nothing wrong with believing in myself. That’s the whole idea, is that you can always become better.” – Tiger Woods
50. “I think the guys who are really controlling their emotions … are going to win.” – Tiger Woods
51. “In order to help people, you have to first learn how to help yourself.” – Tiger Woods
52. “I don’t want to become as good as I once was. I want to become better.”- Tiger Woods
53. “You hit a bad shot, you have to get over it right there and then so you can get focused on the next one.” – Tiger Woods
54. “If you gone come in second, you’re just the first loser!” – Tiger Woods
55. “My mind is my biggest asset.” – Tiger Woods
56. “The biggest thing is to have a mind-set and a belief you can win every tournament going in.” – Tiger Woods
57. “I have a big-picture outlook, I am willing to fall, and I understand it’s OK to fall, but I am going to get back up, I may take a step back, but in the end, I am going to take a giant leap forward.” – Tiger Woods
58. “At the end of every tournament, to review every stroke and every hole, seeing what I can learn from the experience.” – Tiger Woods
59. “I think the best thing is being able to play golf competitively for a living. Ever since I was a little boy, that’s something I’ve always wanted to do, and now I get a chance to live out my dreams.” – Tiger Woods
60. “My dad once told me: no matter what anyone says or writes, really, none of those people have to hit your four- foot putt.You have to go do it yourself.” – Tiger Woods
61. “We all make decisions. But in the end, our decisions make us.” – Tiger Woods
62. “Education is a priority over any sport because without a mind you can’t contribute to society.” – Tiger Woods
63. “It’s important to relax and not put too much pressure on oneself, players must be patient when striving to improve.” – Tiger Woods
64. “I made my share of mistakes. People can look at that as what not to do, and if they choose to make fun of it, that’s fine. I can’t control that. All I know is that I can control myself. And at that point in my life, I wasn’t even able to do that.” – Tiger Woods
65. “I think, one thing that I’ve really come to appreciate about my parents as I’ve got older is you know, how wise they really were. As a kid when I was growing up, as any kid, you think you know every thing and I was no different to that. I had different opinions on a lot of different things then them but the way they raised me, in hindsight, they were right.” – Tiger Woods
66. “The greatest thing about tomorrow is, I will be better than I am today. And that’s how I look at my life. I will be a better golfer, I will be a better person, I will be a better father, I will be a better husband, I will be a better friend. That’s the beauty of tomorrow.” – Tiger Woods
67. “It’s a never-ending struggle, which is great. You can always get better! You can never get there. It’s a journey with no arrival. And that’s the beauty of it — that you can always become better the next day. It’s pretty cool to think about it in that sense. Tomorrow I will be a better player than I was today.” – Tiger Woods
68. “You’ve got to figure out what works best for you. That’s the hard part. I know I can’t play as stoic as Hogan, and I can’t talk as much as Trevino. You have to be your own person.” – Tiger Woods
69. “I don’t just want to be the best black player or the best Asian player. I want to be the best golfer ever.” – Tiger Woods
70. “You just got to be patient, be focused, you know there are lots of distractions out there.” – Tiger Woods
71. “My dad has always taught me these words: care and share.” – Tiger Woods
72. “It’s something you have to find from within. You have to keep pushing yourself from within. It’s not about what other people think and what other people say. It’s about what you want to accomplish and do you want to go out there and be prepared to beat everyone you play or face.” – Tiger Woods
73. “I don’t think you’re ever there. You never arrive, but if you do, you might as well quit because you’re already there. Can’t get any better. And as players, if you ever have that moment – you should never have that moment. You’re always trying to get better.” – Tiger Woods
74. “I believe that my creative mind is my greatest weapon.” – Tiger Woods
75. “You ever go up to the tee and say, ‘Don’t hit it left, don’t hit it right’? That’s your conscious mind. My body knows how to play golf. I’ve trained it to do that. It’s just a matter of keeping my conscious mind out of it.” – Tiger Woods
76. “I used my mind, and then eventually the method I used allowed me to master my craft.” – Tiger Woods
77. “I’m trying as hard as I possibly can each and every day to get my life better and better and stronger. And if I win championships along the way, so be it.” – Tiger Woods
Did you find these Tiger Woods Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Tiger Woods quotes then please share this post to help and inspire others.
47 Inspirational Scarlett Johansson Quotes
If you’re looking for the best collection of Scarlett Johansson quotes then look no further. Scarlett Johansson is an American...
37 Jennifer Lawrence Quotes About Life & Success
This collection of Jennifer Lawrence quotes about life and success will inspire you to embrace who you are. Jennifer Lawrence...
37 Jennifer Aniston Quotes That Will Empower You
If you’re looking for the best collection of inspirational Jennifer Aniston quotes then look no further. Jennifer Aniston is an...
31 Adam Sandler Quotes On Life & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Adam Sandler quotes then look no further. Adam Sandler is an American...
63 Tom Cruise Quotes On Acting, Life & Success
Looking for the best collection of Tom Cruise quotes? Then look no further! Tom Cruise is one of the most...