37 Steve Wozniak Quotes That Will Inspire You To Create
Looking for the best Steve Wozniak quotes? Then look no further.
Steve Wozniak is an American inventor, electronics engineer, programmer, philanthropist, and technology entrepreneur who in 1976 co-founded Apple Inc. with Steve Jobs.
Often going by the name “Woz”, Steve Wozniak was responsible for the Apple I, which launched Apple and then the co-developed the Apple II, known as one of the first highly successful mass-produced microcomputers. Together with Steve Jobs, he pioneered the personal computer revolution.
While he left Apple in 1985, he has remained an employee in a ceremonial capacity ever since. Wozniak is currently Chief Scientist at the data virtualization company Primary Data. He has an estimated net worth of $100 million.
Steve Wozniak’s dream of making something cool for himself and building a computer ultimately revolutionised an entire industry and the world we live in today. The Steve Wozniak quotes below will inspire you to simply create, invent, innovate and ultimately follow your dreams.
Inspirational Steve Wozniak Quotes
1. “Don’t worry that you can’t seem to come up with sure billion dollar winners at first. Just do projects for yourself for fun. You’ll get better and better.” – Steve Wozniak
2. “You can make something big when young that will carry you through life. Look at all the big startups like Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. They were all started by very young people who stumbled on something of unseen value. You’ll know it when you hit a home run.” – Steve Wozniak
3. “Your first projects aren’t the greatest things in the world, and they may have no money value, they may go nowhere, but that is how you learn – you put so much effort into making something right if it is for yourself.” – Steve Wozniak
4. “If you try to make such projects, unseen by others, as perfect as any human could, you’ll develop skills that other professionals don’t have.” – Steve Wozniak
5. “What Steve Jobs and I did, and at the same time Bill Gates and Paul Allen did – we had no savings accounts, no friends that could loan us money, but we had ideas, and I wanted all my life to be part of a revolution.” – Steve Wozniak
6. “Some great people are leaders and others are more lucky, in the right place at the right time. I’d put myself in the latter category. But I’d never call myself a normal designer of anything.” – Steve Wozniak
7. “Two attributes that have made me successful are the drive to think outside of the box and understanding the user.” – Steve Wozniak
8. “The best things that capture your imagination are ones you hadn’t thought of before and that aren’t talked about in the news all the time.” – Steve Wozniak
9. “Wherever smart people work, doors are unlocked.” – Steve Wozniak
10. “If I designed a computer with 200 chips, I tried to design it with 150. And then I would try to design it with 100. I just tried to find every trick I could in life to design things real tiny.” – Steve Wozniak
11. “Steve Jobs didn’t really set the direction of my Apple I and Apple II designs but he did the more important part of turning them into a product that would change the world. I don’t deny that.” – Steve Wozniak
12. “I just believe that the way that young people’s minds develop is fascinating. If you are doing something for a grade or salary or a reward, it doesn’t have as much meaning as creating something for yourself and your own life.” – Steve Wozniak
13. “Even if you do something that others might consider wrong, you should at least be willing to talk about it and tell your parents what you’re doing because you believe it’s right.” – Steve Wozniak
14. “My goal wasn’t to make a ton of money. It was to build good computers. I only started the company when I realized I could be an engineer forever.” – Steve Wozniak
15. “It’s a lot easier to think of an app and write it, than it is to convince people to want it, publicity is crucially important. Marketing is the most important thing.” – Steve Wozniak
16. “All the best things that I did come from not having money and not having done it before.” – Steve Wozniak
17. “I learned not to worry so much about the outcome, but to concentrate on the step I was on and to try to do it as perfectly as I could when I was doing it.” – Steve Wozniak
18. “The human is more important than the technology. Make things more human.” – Steve Wozniak
19. “Imagination is something you do alone.” – Steve Wozniak
20. “It’s funny how when you’re up so late at night for so long your mind can get into these creative places, the kind of creative places that come to you when you’re halfway between asleep and awake.” – Steve Wozniak
21. “Creative things have to sell to get acknowledged.” – Steve Wozniak
22. “If you love what you do and are willing to do what it takes, it’s within your reach.” – Steve Wozniak
23. “Most inventors and engineers I’ve met are like me. They’re shy and they live in their heads. The very best of them are artists. And artists work best alone.” – Steve Wozniak
24. “The easier it is to do something, the harder it is to change the way you do it.” – Steve Wozniak
25. “I don’t believe anything really revolutionary has ever been invented by committee… I’m going to give you some advice that might be hard to take. That advice is: Work alone… Not on a committee. Not on a team.” – Steve Wozniak (A famous Steve Wozniak quote about working alone.)
26. “To give of yourself is much more important than giving a gift you can buy.” – Steve Wozniak
27. “I hope you’re as lucky as I am. The world needs inventors – great ones. You can be one. If you love what you do and are willing to do what it really takes, it’s within your reach. And it’ll be worth every minute you spend alone at night, thinking and thinking about what it is you want to design or build. It’ll be worth it, I promise.” – Steve Wozniak
28. “My dream was actually just to have a computer some day. If I’d imagined that it meant starting a company to sell them, I probably would have avoided the whole thing.” – Steve Wozniak
29. “When you’re designing and inventing the way I did, every minute of your life is put – every neuron in your brain into trying to think about the little code and how you can maybe have one less line of code and a little bit more straightforward from the beginning to the answer. And you don’t have time to think about companies and products and how would I build this. So Steve Jobs and I were a very necessary pair.” – Steve Wozniak
30. “Somebody who’s designing something for himself has at least got a market of one that he’s very close to.” – Steve Wozniak
31. “Not everything in life can go perfectly according to plan. I mean I didn’t keep every girlfriend I ever had.” – Steve Wozniak
32. “When you’re about 20 years old, you kind of think out – I figured out that it was better – less good to be successful and better to have a laughing life, laugh more than you frown all through your life. Because on the day you die, which one would you have said had the happier life, the better life? And so I put a lot of humor in my life.” – Steve Wozniak
33. “You should stay closely connected to the technology when you start your company.” – Steve Wozniak
34. “I had designed – in high school designed hundreds and hundreds of computers over and over and over, so I developed these skills without ever thinking I’d do it in life as job.” – Steve Wozniak
35. “And thanks to all those science projects, I acquired a central ability that was to help me through my entire career: patience.” – Steve Wozniak
36. “A lot of things seem to be worth almost no money. but if you do them very well, and they help people fill a need, there’s a great business you can build around that.” – Steve Wozniak
37. “I just believe in whatever you’re going to do, even if it’s work, have a little bit of fun attitude about it. You can be happy.” – Steve Wozniak
Did you like these quotes by Steve Wozniak?
What are your favourite Steve Wozniak quotes? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.