This is our latest collection of the best Sir Isaac Newton quotes.
Sir Isaac Newton is widely recognised as one of the most influential scientists of all time, and a key figure in the scientific revolution.
When he was a teenager, Newton was taken out of school by his mother and attempted to make him a farmer, an occupation he hated. He returned to school to complete his education as a top-ranked student.
Isaac Newton, mathematician, physicist, astronomer, theologian, and author published his masterpiece Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica (which means “Mathematical principals of Natural Philosophy”) in 1687. It is here where he describes his famous three laws of motion along with the law of gravity.
in addition to this, he invented the reflecting telescope and shares credit with Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz for developing the infinitesimal calculus.
Sir Isaac Newton was described in his own day as a “natural philosopher”. I’ve put together the most inspirational Isaac Newton quotes about life, science and God to expand your mind and help you be successful.
Best Sir Isaac Newton Quotes
1. “Live your life as an exclamation rather than an explanation.” – Isaac Newton
2. “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
3. “You have to make the rules, not follow them.” – Isaac Newton
4. “What we know is a drop, what we don’t know is an ocean.” – Isaac Newton
5. “No great discovery was ever made without a bold guess.” – Isaac Newton
6. “My powers are ordinary. Only my application brings me success.” – Isaac Newton
7. “If I am anything, which I highly doubt, I have made myself so by hard work.” – Isaac Newton
8. “Gravity explains the motions of the planets but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion.” – Isaac Newton
9. “We build too many walls and not enough bridges.” – Isaac Newton
10. “Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.” – Isaac Newton
11. “To me there has never been a higher source of earthly honor or distinction than that connected with advances in science.” – Isaac Newton
12. “In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God’s existence.” – Isaac Newton
13. “Plato is my friend, Aristotle is my friend, but my greatest friend is truth.” – Isaac Newton
14. “Don’t doubt the Creator because it is inconceivable that accidents alone could be the controller of this universe.” – Isaac Newton
15. “Errors are not in the art but in the artificers.” – Isaac Newton
16. “It is the weight, not numbers of experiments that is to be regarded.” – Isaac Newton
17. “Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” – Isaac Newton
18. “If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been due more to patient attention, than to any other talent.” – Isaac Newton
19. “Genius is patience.” – Isaac Newton
20. “To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.” – Isaac Newton
21. “An object that is at rest will tend to remain at rest. An object that is in motion will tend to remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force.” – Isaac Newton
22. “What goes up must come down.” – Isaac Newton
23. “I believe the more I study science, the more I believe in God.” – Isaac Newton
24. “A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true.” – Isaac Newton
25. “As a blind man has no idea of colors, so have we no idea of the manner by which the all-wise God perceives and understands all things.” – Isaac Newton
26. “If others would think as hard as I did, then they would get similar results.” – Isaac Newton
27. “Truth is the offspring of silence and meditation. I keep the subject constantly before me and wait ’til the first dawning opens slowly, by little and little, into a full and clear light.” – Isaac Newton
28. “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” – Isaac Newton
29. “The seed of a tree has the nature of a branch or twig or bud. It is a part of the tree, but if separated and set in the earth to be better nourished, the embryo or young tree contained in it takes root and grows into a new tree.” – Isaac Newton
30. “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. ‘Tis much better to do a little with certainty, and leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of anything.” – Isaac Newton
31. “All my discoveries have been made in answer to prayer.” – Isaac Newton
32. “The best way to understanding is a few good examples.” – Isaac Newton
33. “The wonderful arrangement and harmony of the cosmos would only originate in the plan of an almighty omniscient being. This is and remains my greatest comprehension.” – Isaac Newton
34. “Physics, beware of metaphysics.” – Isaac Newton
35. “Did blind chance know that there was light and what was its refraction, and fit the eyes of all creatures after the most curious manner to make use of it? These and other suchlike considerations, always have, and always will prevail with mankind, to believe that there is a Being who made all things, who has all things in his power, and who is therefore to be feared.” – Isaac Newton
36. “The way to chastity is not to struggle directly with incontinent thoughts but to avert the thoughts by some imployment, or by reading, or meditating on other things.” – Isaac Newton
37. “I consider my greatest accomplishment to be lifelong celibacy.” – Isaac Newton
Did you find these Sir Isaac Newton Quotes inspiring?
What are your favourite Sir Isaac Newton quotes? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.