Sergey Brin is a Russian born American computer scientist and internet entrepreneur. Together with his friend Larry Page he co-founded Google.
Brin is now the president of Alphabet, Google’s parent company and has an estimated net worth of $52.1 billion, making him the 10th richest person in the world.
Sergey Brin met Larry Page at Stanford University while studying for his PhD in computer science. It wasn’t long before the two were crammed in their dormitory with a bunch of computers to build a web search engine. After it gained some popularity at Stanford, the pair suspended their studies to start up Google from a rented garage.
Below you’ll find the best collection of inspiring Sergey Brin quotes.
27 Inspiring Sergey Brin Quotes
1. “You always hear the phrase, money doesn’t buy you happiness. But I always in the back of my mind figured a lot of money will buy you a little bit of happiness. But it’s not really true. I got a new car because the old one’s lease expired.” – Sergey Brin
2. “Obviously everyone wants to be successful, but I want to be looked back on as being very innovative, very trusted and ethical and ultimately making a big difference in the world.” – Sergey Brin
3. “When I was growing up, I always knew I’d be in the top of my class in math, and that gave me a lot of self-confidence.” – Sergey Brin
4. “Once you go from 10 people to 100, you already don’t know who everyone is. So at that stage you might as well keep growing, to get the advantages of scale.” – Sergey Brin
5. “We want Google to be the third half of your brain.” – Sergey Brin
6. “Solving big problems is easier than solving little problems.” – Sergey Brin
7. “I feel there’s an existential angst among young people. I didn’t have that. They see enormous mountains, where I only saw one little hill to climb.” – Sergey Brin
8. “I would like to see anyone be able to achieve their dreams, and that’s what this organization does.” – Sergey Brin
9. “Any conversation I have about innovation starts with the ultimate goal.” – Sergey Brin
10. “The only way you are going to have success is to have lots of failures first.” – Sergey Brin
11. “Too many rules stifle innovation.” – Sergey Brin
12. “I am sometimes something of a lazy person, so when I end up spending a lot of time using something myself – as I did with Google in the earliest of days, I knew it was a big deal.” – Sergey Brin
13. “Ultimately you want to have the entire world’s knowledge connected directly to your mind.” – Sergey Brin
14. “If I were seriously interested in something important to me, I wouldn’t just click on the first search result, read it and take it as God’s word.” – Sergey Brin
15. “We wouldn’t survive if people didn’t trust us.” – Sergey Brin
16. “When it’s too easy to get money, then you get a lot of noise mixed in with the real innovation and entrepreneurship. Tough times bring out the best parts of Silicon Valley.” – Sergey Brin
17. “We have tried to define precisely what it means to be a force for good – always do the right, ethical thing. Ultimately, ‘Don’t be evil’ seems the easiest way to summarize it.” – Sergey Brin
18. “If what we are doing is not seen by some people as science fiction, it’s probably not transformative enough.” – Sergey Brin
19. “People try new things all the time. By now, the people who succeed have to be very sophisticated.” – Sergey Brin
20. “It’s important not to overstate the benefits of ideas. Quite frankly, I know it’s kind of a romantic notion that you’re just going to have this one brilliant idea and then everything is going to be great. But the fact is that coming up with an idea is the least important part of creating something great. It has to be the right idea and have good taste, but the execution and delivery are what’s key.” – Sergey Brin
21. “Currently we don’t have plans on conquering the world.” – Sergey Brin
22. “Technology is an inherent democratizer. Because of the evolution of hardware and software, you’re able to scale up almost anything. It means that in our lifetime everyone may have tools of equal power.” – Sergey Brin
23. “We are focused on features, not products. We eliminated future products that would have made the complexity problem worse. We don’t want to have 20 different products that work in 20 different ways. I was getting lost at our site keeping track of everything. I would rather have a smaller set of products that have a shared set of features.” – Sergey Brin
24. “You can make money without doing evil.” – Sergey Brin
25. “It’s not enough not to be evil. We also actively try to be good.” – Sergey Brin
26. “Before Google, I don’t think people put much effort into the ordering of results. You might get a couple thousand results for a query. We saw that a thousand results weren’t necessarily as useful as 10 good ones.” – Sergey Brin
27. “It’s clear there’s a lot of room for improvement, there’s no inherent ceiling we’re hitting up on.” – Sergey Brin
Did you find these Sergey Brin Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Sergey Brin quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
67 Benjamin Disraeli Quotes To Be Successful
If you’re looking for the best Benjamin Disraeli Quotes then look no further. Benjamin Disraeli was a British politician of...
55 Famous R. Buckminster Fuller Quotes
Looking for the best R. Buckminster Fuller quotes? Then look no further. Richard Buckminster Fuller was an American architect, systems...
40 Alfred Adler Quotes That Will Make You Reflect
If you’re looking for the best Alfred Adler quotes then look no further. Alfred Adler was an Austrian medical doctor,...
55 Best The Wolf Of Wall Street Quotes
Looking for the best quotes from The Wolf of Wall Street? Then look no further. The Wolf of Wall Street...
67 Famous Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
If you’re looking for the best Theodore Roosevelt quotes then look no further. Theodore Roosevelt is remembered as one of...