Priyanka Chopra is an Indian actress, singer, film producer and philanthropist.
From studying aeronautical engineering to having been awarded Miss World in 2000 she started her acting career in Bollywood where she rose to prominence for leading female roles in such films as Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Aitraaz, Don and Krish.
She made the successful transition from Bollywood to Hollywood, playing Alex Parrish in TV series Quanitco, and starring in films such as Baywatch and A Kid Like Jake.
Priyanka Chopra is also well known for her philanthropy, working with UNICEF since 2006 and promoting child’s rights, women’s right, health and education and environmental causes.
The ambitious Priyanka Chopra has spent the majority of her life breaking down barriers and stereotypes. In 2016, Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world and Forbes listed her among the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women in 2017.
She is woman who embodies of hard work, self-belief and inspiration. Below are 57 Priyanka Chopra quotes that will empower you.
Inspirational Priyanka Chopra Quotes
1. “I don’t believe in hope. I believe in taking charge of your life. I don’t think that we should say, ‘My life will change and be better.’ It’s important to work backwards: Identify what your goal is and work backwards and see what route to go from there.” – Priyanka Chopra
2. “Financial independence is paramount. My mom always says that when a woman is financially independent, she has the ability to live life on her own terms. I think that was the soundest advice that I ever got. No matter where you go in life or who you get married to, you have to be financially independent – whether you use it or not.” – Priyanka Chopra
3. “Black, brown, white, yellow – why are we always talking about colors? I’m a girl. I believe in a global community.” – Priyanka Chopra
4. “I believe in myself and my art so much. I’ve always trusted destiny. Wherever it takes me, I just work damn hard at the opportunity.” – Priyanka Chopra
5. “I never thought I am stylish. For me, style is always a representation of what you want to wear but doing it in a unique way and expressing yourself. Every girl loves to be stylish.” – Priyanka Chopra
6. “I taught myself confidence. When I’d walk into a room and feel scared to death, I’d tell myself, ‘I’m not afraid of anybody.’ And people believed me. You’ve got to teach yourself to take over the world.” – Priyanka Chopra
7. “You can be an absolute woman and also be smart and tough and not lose your femininity.” – Priyanka Chopra
8. “Don’t try to squeeze into a glass slipper. Instead, shatter the glass ceiling.” – Priyanka Chopra
9. “To be a philanthropist, you don’t have to be Nelson Mandela. You just have to look around you and ask, ‘What little bit can I do? Whose life can I touch?'” – Priyanka Chopra
10. “I think it’s great to be flawed. I am hugely flawed, and I like it this way. That’s the fun of life. You fall, get up, make mistakes, learn from them, be human and be you.” – Priyanka Chopra
11. “I don’t come from a film background. I haven’t learned anything about films or film-making. But I have a thirst to know everything about my profession. I want to learn about cinematography, about editing, about music recordings, about post-production. So when people in the know talk, I willingly listen.” – Priyanka Chopra
12. “Ambition is a word associated with women negatively. People say, ‘She’s too ambitious.’ Why is that a bad thing?” – Priyanka Chopra
13. “My career is the sum of the decisions I have made. Everyone can work hard, but I work on my own terms. I stand my ground, and once I have committed to anything, I give my 150 per cent. I don’t take my work for granted, ever. I know that, forget me, no matter where anyone is, everyone is dispensable. Why would I think I am indispensable then?” – Priyanka Chopra
14. “You fall, get up, make mistakes, learn from them, be human and be you.” – Priyanka Chopra
15. “People just need to see others for what they are. They need to stop thinking that there’s an agenda behind everything.” – Priyanka Chopra
16. “When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and let people wonder how you did it.” – Priyanka Chopra
17. “You can’t control everything – you just have to do your best with every opportunity.” – Priyanka Chopra
18. “You don’t know what curves life will throw at you. You should have the ability to take care of yourself and the people you love.” – Priyanka Chopra
19. “Financially independence gives you the ability to protect yourself when life happens, to stand on your own feet and say alright I can do something about it without being helpless.” – Priyanka Chopra
20. “Life just keeps moving. You have to keep your blinkers on. Find what you do best and keep moving.” – Priyanka Chopra
21. “Any transition is easier if you believe in yourself and your talent.” – Priyanka Chopra
22. “Confidence and self-belief are extremely attractive.” – Priyanka Chopra
23. “No one can tell you how much you can do. You have to set your own standards.” – Priyanka Chopra
24. “I want all the girls without any exception to have space for themselves where they have ample opportunities to be the woman they wish to be.” – Priyanka Chopra
25. “No condition must be placed on any human being that stops them from being who they want to be. This applies to girls in India, too. It’s a small percentage of women, who are privileged to not have conditions placed on them. I’m grateful that I am in that lot.” – Priyanka Chopra
26. “Work hard, stay focused, and be committed. Most often than not, you’ll come out on top.” – Priyanka Chopra
27. “I got into the movies by accident. When I got an offer, I thought let’s try this too.” – Priyanka Chopra
28. “Everything in my life has happened by trial and error.” – Priyanka Chopra
29. “I eat right and ensure that I burn it all by working out equally as much as I eat.” – Priyanka Chopra
30. “If I want to achieve so much, I have to do what it takes. I can’t take anything for granted.” – Priyanka Chopra
31. “Don’t be afraid of solitary journeys. Being responsible for your successes and failures makes you stronger.” – Priyanka Chopra
32. “There’s only one you. Understand who you are, your uniqueness.” – Priyanka Chopra
33. “When I think about being the woman I want to be, I just want to be the best version of myself. And I use every opportunity that comes my way in that direction.” – Priyanka Chopra
34. “Be whoever you want.” – Priyanka Chopra
35. “It’s okay to be you. You don’t have to try to be anybody else. Whatever you are, however you are, it’s fine. Nobody’s perfect.” – Priyanka Chopra
36. “I’m not usually a follower of trends – I like to set them a lot more. I don’t like things that people have done already, then it’s no fun for me to do it.” – Priyanka Chopra
36. “I know I’m flawed – but perfect is boring anyway! Flawed is good!” – Priyanka Chopra
37. “First of all, feminism is not man-hating, not man-berating. It is not saying we are better. It is just saying we want the same opportunities, and we want to be able to make decisions on our own without being judged for them. We want the same freedom men have enjoyed over the years, so I think that’s the place where we are. And it’s completely not mutually exclusive at all for how you want to look, how you take care of yourself, how you want to be, what you want to look like.” – Priyanka Chopra
38. “Every movie that I do, I always try and better myself in the next one and try and find a part which is more challenging. It’s a little vulnerable to do that, to always push the envelope. You position yourself for a lot more flack or a lot more critique because you’re trying to do something different. Sometimes you’re good at it and sometimes you’re not, but it’s a chance you have to take to make life exciting.” – Priyanka Chopra
39. “I’m lucky. I don’t know whether I’m deserving or not. All I know is that I work damn hard for everything. And God helps those who help themselves. Every day is like an exam. I believe destiny and hard work go hand in hand. I was studying to be an engineer when my mom and my brother sent my pictures for the Miss India contest. I didn’t even know about it. If that isn’t destiny, what is?” – Priyanka Chopra
40. “The world, the way we look at women and sexuality, is what needs to change – not our behavior, not who we are, not what we say. It’s the intentions that should change. It’s the mind-set. Otherwise, we’re just going to be a completely confused society with not knowing what to say to one another. The mind-set of when you meet a woman is that you should try and get to know her.” – Priyanka Chopra
41. “I’m very practical as a person as well, and I think that’s where I get confidence from. As impulsive and spontaneous as I am, I’m still very practical. I always have been. I work out my pros and cons, and then I make an informed decision on whether I should do something or not. I really believe if you’re going to do something, you have to do it 100 percent; otherwise it’s better not to do it.” – Priyanka Chopra
42. “We’re afraid of letting people see the glory of who we are.” – Priyanka Chopra
43. “We spend too much time as people thinking about what we don’t have instead of actually making a change, and we just need to make that change now because we’re being giving the opportunity.” – Priyanka Chopra
44. “Yes, the zeroes on the paycheck do matter, because I work very hard for them. And I wasn’t born with a silver spoon, though my parents always gave me one. I always worked very hard to be where I am and I think each one of us deserves to be compensated for it.” – Priyanka Chopra
45. “I don’t like the word ‘glass ceiling’. It puts my ambition in a box. It doesn’t mean that glass ceilings don’t exist. It does. But I want to be more than that.” – Priyanka Chopra
46. “I buy my own diamonds. I don’t need someone to buy them for me. When a guy comes into my life it’ll not be for the diamonds, it’ll not be for the cars, it’ll not be for the homes.” – Priyanka Chopra
47. “Why should a woman have to pick between global domination and having the love of her life?” – Priyanka Chopra
48. “It’s okay to not know what you want – as long as you know what what you don’t want.” – Priyanka Chopra
49. “The one thing I wear best is my confidence. That’s what I’d recommend to everyone. It’s a big turn on.” – Priyanka Chopra
50. “I don’t like the phrase ‘woman of colour’. I feel like that puts women in a box. I’m a woman, whether I’m white, black, brown, green, blue, or pink – whatever. I think we need to start looking beyond that.” – Priyanka Chopra
51. “Be true to who you are. Be courage, be selfless. Be love. Courage comes from knowing your truth and standing up for it.” – Priyanka Chopra
52. “I don’t believe in being a size 0. I don’t believe in starving. Women should totally embrace their curve.” – Priyanka Chopra
53. “Men and women are not equal. We’re not supposed to be equal, but we’re supposed to be given equal opportunities, that’s important. We are physiologically different. We are physically different. We are mentally different. Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. There’s no way we’ll ever be the same people and we shouldn’t want to be. We should celebrate the fact that men and women are so different.” – Priyanka Chopra
54. “We have to start highlighting the beauty in every individual instead of a false, unrealistic mirage of what beauty should be.” – Priyanka Chopra
55. “The best thing that I have ever worn is my confidence. You walk into a room feeling great about yourself, people will look. You don’t have to be the perfect form of pretty. Some people are lucky to have it. But for the rest of us who are all right, we can become extraordinary by becoming the best version of ourselves.” – Priyanka Chopra
56. “We are complete as ourselves, and our flaws make us unique. Perfection is boring anyway. As soon as you find and identify your flaws, there’s no one who can be like you.” – Priyanka Chopra
57. “I don’t want to have a label, I want to have a legacy. I want to be known as someone who has goals and achieves them.” – Priyanka Chopra
Did you find these Priyanka Chopra Quotes empowering?
If you liked these Priyanka Chopra quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
27 Colonel Sanders Quotes That Will Inspire You To Success
If there is one thing these Colonel Sanders quotes will show you it’s that it’s never too late to get...
How Complaining Physically Rewires Your Brain For Negativity, Anxiety & Depression
Did you know that complaining physically rewires your brain for negativity, anxiety, and depression? Everybody complains once in a while...
How To Wake Up Early: 5 AM Morning Secrets
Looking for a foolproof method on how to wake up early? Then make sure you read this entire post and...
47 Niccolo Machiavelli Quotes
If you’re looking for the best Niccolo Machiavelli quotes then look no further. Machiavelli was an Italian diplomat, politician, historian,...
55 Joe Rogan Quotes That Will Motivate You To Success
If you’re looking for the best Joe Rogan quotes then look no further. Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian, mixed...