37 Best Robin Williams Quotes About Life
If you’re looking for the best collection of Robin Williams quotes about life and success then look no further.
Robin Williams was a famed actor and comedian who captured the hearts of the world with his remarkable wit and charismatic personality. During his career, he gave everything and proved that he could impersonate both funny and dramatic characters.
While a string of successful film roles made him one of the world’s funniest performers, it was his serious role in Good Will Hunting that earned him an Oscar.
Williams suffered from drug and alcohol addiction, but eventually overcame it and maintained his sobriety. He also suffered from depression and was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. Unable to cope with the fact that he would live the rest of his life with a degenerative disease, Williams took his own life at the age of 63.
Even today, his fans find it hard to accept the loss of a man who captured their hearts with his outstanding performances as an artist.
Below you’ll find the best collection of Robin Williams quotes about life. Robin Williams is known for his funny quotes and famous movie quotes but in this collection, I’ve focused on his most powerful words to make the most of your life.
Inspirational Robin Williams Quotes To Make The Most Of Your Life
1. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
2. “There is still a lot to learn and there is always great stuff out there. Even mistakes can be wonderful.” – Robin Williams
3. “Self-reliance is the key to a vigorous life. A man must look inward to find his own answers.” – Robin Williams
4. “Seize the day. Because, believe it or not, each and every one of us in this room is one day going to stop breathing.” – Robin Williams
5. “Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.” – Robin Williams
6. “I try to make sense of things. Which is why, I guess, I believe in destiny. There must be a reason that I am as I am. There must be.” – Robin Williams
7. “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.” – Robin Williams
8. “I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.” – Robin Williams
9. “I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy. Because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anybody else to feel like that.” – Robin Williams (This is one of the most famous Robin Williams quotes on depression.)
10. “You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” – Robin Williams
11. “You must strive to find your own voice because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all.” – Robin Williams
12. “Never say goodbye because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting.” – Robin Williams
13. “I always thought the idea of education was to learn to think for yourself.” – Robin Williams
14. “We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.” – Robin Williams
15. “Our job is improving the quality of life, not just delaying death.” – Robin Williams
16. “Please, don’t worry so much. Because in the end none of us have very long on this earth. Life is fleeting. And if you’re ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky.” – Robin Williams
17. “A human life is just a heartbeat in heaven.” – Robin Williams
18. “What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.” – Robin Williams
19. “There are no rules. Just follow your heart.” – Robin Williams
20. “There’s no shame in failing. The only shame is not giving things your best shot.” – Robin Williams
21. “Good people end up in Hell because they can’t forgive themselves.” – Robin Williams
22. “Time is the best teacher, unfortunately, it kills all of its students.” – Robin Williams
23. “Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.” – Robin Williams
24. “Don’t associate yourself with toxic people. It’s better to be alone and love yourself than surrounded by people that make you hate yourself.” – Robin Williams
25. “You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you, you’ll win, no matter what the outcome.” – Robin Williams
26. “Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose.” – Robin Williams
27. “There’s three things in this world that you need: Respect for all kinds of life, a nice bowel movement on a regular basis, and a navy blazer.” – Robin Williams
28. “It’s hard when you read an article saying bad things about you. It is as if someone is sticking a knife on your heart. But I am the harshest critic of my work.” – Robin Williams
29. “The things we fear the most have already happened to us.” – Robin Williams
30. “Reality: What a concept!” – Robin Williams
31. “For a while you get mad, then you get over it.” – Robin Williams
32. “Imagining something is better than remembering something.” – Robin Williams
33. “The human spirit is more powerful than any drug and THAT is what needs to be nourished: with work, play, friendship, family. THESE are the things that matter.” – Robin Williams
34. “Change is not popular; we are creatures of habit as human beings. ‘I want it to be the way it was.’ But if you continue the way it was there will be no ‘is.'” – Robin Williams
35. “Age makes you more confident. When you realize that it’s time now to just do things. When there’s not the pressure to perform on some level of expectations, there’s more to just explore.” – Robin Williams
36. “Stop being afraid of getting older. With age comes wisdom and confidence.” – Robin Williams
37. “Make your life spectacular. I know I did.” – Robin Williams
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Robin Williams quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.