Looking for the best Morgan Freeman quotes? Then look no further. These wise words by Morgan Freeman are sure to inspire.
Morgan Freeman is a world-renowned actor, director, producer and voice narrator. Becoming one of the world’s most respected actors was a long, hard road to success for the Academy Award winner.
Freeman had a poor upbringing and worked a number of undesirable jobs before he started to achieve success in his 50’s. He defied the odds and became the star of such critically acclaimed films such as The Shawshank Redemption and Million Dollar Baby. He also gave an Oscar-nominated performance as Nelson Mandela in the 2009 film Invictus.
Below you’ll find the most inspirational Morgan Freeman quotes that I hope will inspire you to follow your dreams and make your unique dent in the universe.
Inspirational Morgan Freeman Quotes
1. “If you want to see a miracle, be the miracle.” – Morgan Freeman
2. “How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time.” – Morgan Freeman
3. “One of the things you can always depend on – this is one of the truths of the universe, and you heard it first from here – whatever we decide we want to do is what we do.” – Morgan Freeman
4. “The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.” – Morgan Freeman
5. “As long as you feel like a victim, you are one.” – Morgan Freeman
6. “Challenge yourself; it’s the only path which leads to growth.” – Morgan Freeman
7. “Insanity is coasting through life in a miserable existence when you have a caged lion locked inside and the key to release it.” – Morgan Freeman
8. “Was I always going to be here? No I was not. I was going to be homeless at one time, a taxi driver, truck driver, or any kind of job that would get me a crust of bread. You never know what’s going to happen.” – Morgan Freeman
9. “When you have made your choice, it is providence that is your guide. Good, bad, or indifferent. Your fate lies in that.” – Morgan Freeman
10. “Don’t be different just for different’s sake. If you see it differently, function that way. Follow your own muse, always.” – Morgan Freeman
11. “I can say that life is good to me. Has been and is good. So I think my task is to be good to it. How do you be good to life? You live it.” – Morgan Freeman
12. “Forgiveness liberates the soul, it removes fear.” – Morgan Freeman
13. “I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving.” – Morgan Freeman
14. “Get busy living or get busy dying!” – Morgan Freeman
15. “If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn’t worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality.” – Morgan Freeman
16. “If you wake up and the snow is knee-deep outside, you are not filled with rage. It’s just something that you’ve got to cope with. If you’re living in a situation it’s the only situation that you know, and you’ve got to deal with it.” – Morgan Freeman
17. “We humans are more concerned with having than with being.” – Morgan Freeman
18. “If your life turns out to be good and you have a tremendous amount of luck in your life, it’s a good thing to turn around and make it work for others.” – Morgan Freeman
19. “I once heard a wise man say there are no perfect men. Only perfect intentions.” – Morgan Freeman
20. “Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance.” – Morgan Freeman
21. “Never let pride be your guiding principle. Let your accomplishments speak for you.” – Morgan Freeman
22. “Very often, you know, you stop walking because you say, ‘Well, I’m tired of climbing this hill. I’m never going to get to the top.’ And you’re only two steps from the top.” – Morgan Freeman
23. “I don’t have to work. I could stop and never have to worry about paying the rent. I’m working for the joy of doing it.” – Morgan Freeman
24. “You can’t take credit for talent; you can only take credit for using it.” – Morgan Freeman
25. “If you look back on your life and where you started from it’s like looking back down a mountain back to the desert floor. It’s like now I can’t believe I had whatever it takes or perceived whatever it took to get here.” – Morgan Freeman
26. “The highest power is the human mind. That’s where God came from and my belief in God is my belief in myself.” – Morgan Freeman
27. “You measure yourself by the people who measure themselves by you.” – Morgan Freeman
28. “Life doesn’t offer you promises whatsoever so it’s very easy to become, ‘Whatever happened to… ?’ It’s great to be wanted. I spent a few years not being wanted and this is better.” – Morgan Freeman
29. “The trick to any profession is making it look easy.” – Morgan Freeman
30. “The reason actors, artists, writers have agents is because we’ll do it for nothing. That’s a basic fact – you gotta do it.” – Morgan Freeman
31. “That’s your job as the actor, to understand the human part of the character, to make it real.” – Morgan Freeman
32. “Is there a movie I think I should have won the Oscar for? Yeah. All of them.” – Morgan Freeman
33. “I am going to stop calling you a white man and I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man.” – Morgan Freeman
34. “Once you’ve gotten the job, there’s nothing to it. If you’re an actor, you’re an actor. Doing it is not the hard part. The hard part is getting to do it.” – Morgan Freeman
35. “Kindness in thinking or giving, creates profoundness and happiness. Kindness in saying creates an everlasting love.” – Morgan Freeman
36. “I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice.” – Morgan Freeman
37. “Don’t be afraid of what you want. This is your time. The barriers are down.” – Morgan Freeman
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Morgan Freeman quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
77 Frank Zappa Quotes On Life, Government & Music
Looking for the best collection of Frank Zappa quotes? Then look no further. Frank Zappa was an American musician, composer,...
101 Vince Lombardi Quotes To Win The Game Of Life
This collection of famous Vince Lombardi quotes is packed with wisdom from one of the greatest coaches and leaders in...
78 Abraham Maslow Quotes To Max Out Your Potential
If you’re looking to make the most of you potential then this collection of Abraham Maslow quotes will inspire and...
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...