If you’re looking for the best collection of Napoleon Bonaparte quotes then look no further.
Napoleon Bonaparte was a French statesman and military leader who became famous as an artillery commander during the French Revolution.
Napoleon dominated European and global affairs for more than a decade, building a large empire that ruled over much of continental Europe before its final collapse in 1815. He is considered one of the greatest commanders in history, and his wars and campaigns are studied at military schools worldwide.
Napoleon’s political and cultural legacy has made him one of the most celebrated and controversial leaders in human history. Below you’ll find the best Napoleon Bonaparte quotes are full of inspiration and wisdom that will help you succeed.
Inspirational Napoleon Bonaparte Quotes
1. “Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
2. “Until you spread your wings, you’ll have no idea how far you can fly.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
3. “Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
4. “The reason most people fail instead of succeeding is that they trade what they want most for what they want at the moment.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
5. “Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
6. “The stupid speak of the past, the wise of the present, and fools of the future.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
7. “Ability is nothing without opportunity.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
8. “Friends must always be treated as if one day they might be enemies.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
9. “There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be conquered by the spirit.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
10 of 43 Napoleon Bonaparte Quotes
“Impossible is the word found only in a fool’s dictionary. Wise people create opportunities for themselves and make everything possible.”
– Napoleon Bonaparte
11. “Courage is like love; it must have hope for nourishment.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
12. “Riches do not consist in the possession of treasures, but in the use made of them.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
13. “You become strong by defying defeat and by turning loss and failure into success.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
14. “Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
15. “There are only two forces that unite men – fear and interest.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
16. “If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
17. “Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
18. “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
19. “A leader is a dealer in hope.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
20th of 43 Napoleon Bonaparte Quotes
“History is a set of lies agreed upon.”
– Napoleon Bonaparte
21. “The fool has one great advantage over a man of sense; he is always satisfied with himself.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
22. “You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
23. “Once you have made up your mind, stick to it; there no longer any ‘if’ or ‘but’.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
24. “One must change one’s tactics every ten years if one wishes to maintain one’s superiority.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
25. “We walk faster when we walk alone.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
26. “A true man hates no one.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
27. “A woman laughing is a woman conquered.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
28. “He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
29. “Victory belongs to the most persevering.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
30th of 43 Napoleon Bonaparte Quotes
“Imagination rules the world.”
– Napoleon Bonaparte
31. “Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self-interest.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
32. “It requires more courage to suffer than to die.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
33. “There is only one thing in this world, and that is to keep acquiring money and more money, power and more power. All the rest is meaningless.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
34. “No one but myself can be blamed for my fall. I have been my own greatest enemy – the cause of my own disastrous fate.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
35. “The best cure for the body is a quiet mind.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
36. “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
37. “Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
38. “It is the cause, not the death, that makes the martyr.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
39. “The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
40th of 43 Napoleon Bonaparte Quotes
“Men are more easily governed through their vices than through their virtues.”
– Napoleon Bonaparte
41. “Water, air, and cleanness are the chief articles in my pharmacy.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
42. “To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
43. “Throw off your worries when you throw off your clothes at night.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite Napoleon Bonaparte quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
57 Best The Matrix Quotes That Will Wake You Up
Looking for the best quotes from The Matrix movie? Then look no further. The movie, starring Keanu Reeves as Thomas...
101 Tim Ferriss Quotes That Will Make You Successful
If you’re looking for the best collection of Tim Ferriss quotes then look no further. Tim Ferriss is an American...
101 Hal Elrod Quotes To Make Each Day A Miracle
If you’re looking for the best collection of Hal Elrod quotes then look no further. Hal Elrod is one of...
77 Best Donald Trump Quotes On Business & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Donald Trump quotes on business and success then you’re at the right...
77 Famous Voltaire Quotes That Will Enlighten You
If you’re looking for the best collection of Voltaire quotes then look no further. François-Marie Arouet, known by his pen...