Looking for the best General George S. Patton quotes? Then look no further.
General George S. Patton was a complicated military figure. His colorful image, hard-driving personality, and success as a commander were at times overshadowed by his controversial public statements.
Perhaps most famous for his commanding of the 7th Army during World War II, Old “Blood and Guts” demonstrated his superior leadership by often giving attention-getting speeches to motivate, inspire, and educate his soldiers.
His philosophy of leading from the front and his emphasis on rapid and aggressive offensive action proved effective, and he was regarded highly by his opponents.
You’ll often find you’ll find General George S. Patton quotes in many personal development and leadership books today as his words continue to inspire. Below you’ll find 37 of the best General Patton quotes.
Inspirational General George S. Patton Quotes
1. “Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.” – George S. Patton
2. “Better to fight for something than live for nothing.” – George S. Patton
3. “By perseverance, and study, and eternal desire, any man can become great.” – George S. Patton
4. “A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood.” – George S. Patton
5. “Never stop being ambitious. You have but one life, live it to the fullest of glory and be willing to pay any price.” – George S. Patton
6. “You are not beaten until you admit it.” – George S. Patton
7. “Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time.” – George S. Patton
8. “Never make excuses whether or not it is your fault.” – George S. Patton
9. “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” – George S. Patton
10. “Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.” – George S. Patton
11. “Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.” – George S. Patton
12. “You need to overcome the tug of people against you as you reach for high goals.” – George S. Patton
13. “We can conquer only by attacking.” – George S. Patton
14. “As long as you attack them, they cannot find the time to attack you.” – George S. Patton
15. “Never stop until you have gained the top or the grave.” – George S. Patton
George S. Patton Leadership Quotes
16. “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” – George S. Patton
17. “Do everything you ask of those you command.” – George S. Patton
18. “Say what you mean and mean what you say.” – George S. Patton
19. “Many soldiers are led to faulty ideas of war by knowing too much about too little.” – George S. Patton
20. “Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” – George S. Patton
21. “Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.” – George S. Patton
22. “Do more than is required of you.” – George S. Patton
23. “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” – George S. Patton
24. “Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.” – George S. Patton
25. “Do not regard what you do only as preparation for doing the same thing more fully or better at some later time. Nothing is ever done twice. There is no next time.” – George S. Patton
26. “Lack of orders is no excuse for inaction.” – George S. Patton
27. “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” – George S. Patton
28. “Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.” – George S. Patton
George S. Patton Quotes On Courage & Fear
29. “The time to take counsel of your fears is before you make an important battle decision. That’s the time to listen to every fear you can imagine! When you have collected all the facts and fears and made your decision, turn off all your fears and go ahead!” – George S. Patton
30. “There is a time to take counsel of your fears, and there is a time to never listen to any fear.” – George S. Patton
31. “Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.”
– George S. Patton
32. “Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.” – George S. Patton
33. “Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men.” – George S. Patton
34. “If we take the generally accepted definition of bravery as a quality which knows no fear, I have never seen a brave man. All men are frightened. The more intelligent they are, the more they are frightened.” – George S. Patton
35. “Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets.” – George S. Patton
36. “All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty.” – George S. Patton
37. “Fatigue makes cowards of us all.” – George S. Patton
Did you like these inspirational quotes?
What are your favorite General George S. Patton quotes? Let me know in the comments below and please share this post.
77 Frank Zappa Quotes On Life, Government & Music
Looking for the best collection of Frank Zappa quotes? Then look no further. Frank Zappa was an American musician, composer,...
101 Vince Lombardi Quotes To Win The Game Of Life
This collection of famous Vince Lombardi quotes is packed with wisdom from one of the greatest coaches and leaders in...
78 Abraham Maslow Quotes To Max Out Your Potential
If you’re looking to make the most of you potential then this collection of Abraham Maslow quotes will inspire and...
37 Rosa Parks Quotes To Stand Up For Your Freedom
Looking for the best Rosa Parks quotes? This collection of famous Rosa Parks quotes will help you stand up for...
87 Best George Carlin Quotes On Education, Politics & Life
Looking for the best George Carlin quotes? George Carlin was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic and author. He...