Michael Jordan is one of the greatest basketball players of all time.
6 NBA championships, 5-time Most Valuable Player, 6-time Finals Most Valuable Player, 10-time All-NBA First Team, NBA Rookie of the Year, 2-time Olympic Gold Medal Winner are just some of his amazing accomplishments.
In fact according to Forbes, Michael Jordan’s achievements on and off the court helped him have a net worth of $1.39 Billion.
It’s funny to think now that Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team for being too short.
There’s not doubting his extraordinary talent but what separates Michael Jordan from the rest is his empowering mindset.
Below I’ve put together the best motivational Michael Jordan quotes to help you develop your own empowering mindset.
Michael Jordan Quotes
1. “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said you never know what you can accomplish until you try.” – Michael Jordan
2. “If it turns out that my best wasn’t good enough, at least I won’t look back and say I was afraid to try.” – Michael Jordan
3. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
4. “You can practice shooting 8 hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.” – Michael Jordan
5. “I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it.” – Michael Jordan
6. “Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” – Michael Jordan
7. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
8. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
9. “The key to success is failure.” – Michael Jordan
10. “Learning’s a gift, even when pain is your teacher.” – Michael Jordan
11. “Make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
12. “Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That’s truly about the game, and in some ways that’s about life too.” – Michael Jordan
13. “I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot… When you think about the consequences you will always think of the negative result.” – Michael Jordan
14. “Every time I feel tired while I am exercising and training, I close my eyes to see that picture, to see that list with my name. This usually motivates me to work again.” – Michael Jordan
15th Michael Jordan Quote: “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” – Michael Jordan
16. “The game is my wife. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace.” – Michael Jordan
17. “If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
18. “It’s heavy duty to try to do everything and please everybody. My job was to go out there and play the game of basketball as best I can. People may not agree with that. I can’t live with what everyone’s impression of what I should or what I shouldn’t do.” – Michael Jordan
19. “I play to win, whether during practice or a real game.” – Michael Jordan
20. “I’m not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.” – Michael Jordan
21. “The best come from the worst.” – Michael Jordan
22. “Heart is what separates the good from the great.” – Michael Jordan
23. “I would tell players to relax and never think about what’s at stake. Just think about the basketball game. If you start to think about who is going to win the championship, you’ve lost your focus.” – Michael Jordan
24. “I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me. Failure always made me try harder the next time.” – Michael Jordan
25. “The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus of your individual goals and you can’t let yourself be beat because of lack of effort.” – Michael Jordan
26. “There is no such thing as a perfect basketball player, & I don’t believe there is only one greatest player either.” – Michael Jordan
27. “I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don’t do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results.” – Michael Jordan
28. “If I had been playing for money I would have complained a long time ago that I was underpaid.” – Michael Jordan
29. “I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era.” – Michael Jordan
30th Michael Jordan Quote: “Live the moment for the moment.” – Michael Jordan
31. “Being Michael Jordan means acting the same as I always have.” – Michael Jordan
32. “Best evaluation I can make of a player is to look in his eyes and see how scared they are.
33. Winning isn’t always championships.” – Michael Jordan
34. “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.” – Michael Jordan
35. “When I will lose the sense of motivation and the sense to prove something as a basketball player, it’s time for me to move away from the game.” – Michael Jordan
36. “In any investment, you expect to have fun and make money.” – Michael Jordan
37. “How many times have your parents told you not to do things, and the next thing you know, you go do it? And you realized you shouldn’t have done it.” – Michael Jordan
38. “Enjoy every minute of life. Never second-guess life.” – Michael Jordan
39. “Everybody has talent, but ability takes hard work.” – Michael Jordan
40. “In college I never realized the opportunities available to a pro athlete. I’ve been given the chance to meet all kinds of people, to travel and expand my financial capabilities, to get ideas and learn about life, to create a world apart from basketball.” – Michael Jordan
41. “For a competitive junkie like me, golf is a great solution because it smacks you in the face every time you think you’ve accomplished something. That to me has taken over a lot of the energy and competitiveness for basketball.” – Michael Jordan
42. “My challenge when I came back was to face the young talent, to dissect their games, and show them maybe that they needed to learn more about the game than just the money aspect.” – Michael Jordan
43. “Do I need my number retired throughout the course of the league to acknowledge what I’ve done? No.” – Michael Jordan
44. “One day, you might look up and see me playing the game at 50. Don’t laugh. Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” – Michael Jordan
45th Michael Jordan Quote: “My heroes are and were my parents. I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes.” – Michael Jordan
46. “I built my talents on the shoulders of someone else’s talent.” – Michael Jordan
47. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” – Michael Jordan
48. “Sometimes you need to get hit in the head to realize that you’re in a fight.” – Michael Jordan
49. “I want to be perceived as a guy who played his best in all facets, not just scoring. A guy who love challenges.” – Michael Jordan
50. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
51. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
52. “Even when I’m old and gray, I won’t be able to play it, but I’ll still love the game.” – Michael Jordan
53. “The game of basketball has been everything to me. My place of refuge, place I’ve always gone where I needed comfort and peace. It’s been the site of intense pain and the most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction. It’s a relationship that has evolved over time, given me the greatest respect and love for the game.” – Michael Jordan
54. “What is love? Love is playing every game as if it’s your last!” – Michael Jordan
55. “Don’t let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.” – Michael Jordan
56. “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan
57. “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.” – Michael Jordan
58. “I’ve never lost a game I just ran out of time.” – Michael Jordan
59. “If you quit once it becomes a habit. Never quit!” – Michael Jordan
60th Michael Jordan: “I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.” – Michael Jordan
61. “Once I made a decision, I never thought about it again.” – Michael Jordan
62. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
63. “I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come.” – Michael Jordan
64. “The minute you get away from fundamentals – whether it’s proper technique, work ethic or mental preparation – the bottom can fall out of your game, your schoolwork, your job, whatever you’re doing.” – Michael Jordan
65. “If you do the work you get rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life.” – Michael Jordan
66. “To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail.” – Michael Jordan
67. “I’ve never been afraid to fail.” – Michael Jordan
68. “The good part about being famous is being able to help people. The hard part is every day you have to be in a good mood, because that is what people expect. You learn to get good at it.” – Michael Jordan
69. “My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn’t stand the sideline.” – Michael Jordan
70. “There is no “I” in team but there is in win.” – Michael Jordan
71. “You have competition every day because you set such high standards for yourself that you have to go out every day and live up to that.” – Michael Jordan
72. “When I was young, I had to learn the fundamentals of basketball. You can have all the physical ability in the world, but you still have to know the fundamentals.” – Michael Jordan
73. “Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.” – Michael Jordan
74. “I want to wake up every day and do whatever comes in my mind, and not feel pressure or obligations to do anything else in my life.” – Michael Jordan
75th Michael Jordan Quote: “Failure is acceptable. but not trying is a whole different ball park.” – Michael Jordan
76. “Sometimes, things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.” – Michael Jordan
77. “I hope the millions of people I’ve touched have the optimism and desire to share their goals and hard work and persevere with a positive attitude.” – Michael Jordan
If you like these Michael Jordan quotes then please share this post with friends.
Which Michael Jordan quote is your favourite? Let me know in the comments below.
57 Dr. Bruce Lipton Quotes On The Biology Of Belief
If you’re looking for the best collection of Dr. Bruce Lipton quotes then look no further. Dr. Bruce Lipton is...
101 Dr. Joe Dispenza Quotes To Be Successful
If you’re looking for the best collection of Dr. Joe Dispenza quotes then look no further. Dr. Joe Dispenza is...
60 Tom Bilyeu Quotes That Will Change Your Life
Looking for the best Tom Bilyeu quotes? Then look no further. Tom Bilyeu is best known for being the co-founder...
95 Greatest Tupac Quotes & Lyrics Of All Time
If you’re looking for the best collection of inspirational Tupac Shakur quotes and lyrics then you’ve come to the right...
47 Inspirational Biggie Smalls Quotes & Lyrics
If you’re looking for the best collection of Biggie Smalls quotes then look no further. These quotes by The Notorious...