Leonardo DiCaprio is one of the greatest actors of our generation.
His career really took off when he achieved international fame for his role as Jack Dawson in The Titanic and other Hollywood blockbusters in various genres. The Beach, The Departed, Inception, The Wolf Of Wall Street and The Revenant, for which DiCaprio won an Academy Award are just a few of my personal favourites.
In my opinion, the great thing about Leonardo Dicaprio has been his dedication to his craft, challenging himself in various roles and genres and having longevity in his career.
He is also an environmental activist and philanthropist who is very aware of the role he can play in making the world a better place while he is here. He’s definitely an individual who has achieved phenomenal success and someone we can all learn from.
Here are some of the most inspiring Leonardo DiCaprio quotes:
67 Leonardo DiCaprio Quotes
1. “Only you and you alone can change your situation. Don’t blame it on anything or anyone.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
2. “Never let failure take control of you.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
3. “I really hate relaxing. I’ve done three movies in a row, worked for two years straight, and to me, idle time is the devil’s workshop. I like to focus on something.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
4. “I like to be able to play a character and act out a lot of things which I can’t or don’t do in my normal everyday life.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
5. “I’ve been very lucky to have achieved a lot of the things that I dreamt of achieving as a young man. But, at the end of the day – and I truly believe this – it is not about achieving great wealth or success. Because they don’t bring happiness, ultimately.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
6. “I’m not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy, I’m definitely an individual.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
7. “School, I never truly got the knack of. I could never focus on things I didn’t want to learn.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
8. “Drugs? Every one has a choice and I choose not to do drugs.”- Leonardo DiCaprio
9. “I get unhappy doing things that I’m not passionate about. Because I feel like I’m squandering this incredible gift I’ve been given to finance films. As soon as my name alone was enough to make this happen, I vowed to myself that I was going to work with directors who were changing cinema, doing something important, you know?” – Leonardo DiCaprio
10. “I prefer ordinary girls – you know, college students, waitresses, that sort of thing. Most of the girls I go out with are just good friends. Just because I go out to the cinema with a girl, it doesn’t mean we are dating.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
11. “To believe in love, to be ready to give up anything for it, to be willing to risk your life for it, is the ultimate tragedy.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
12. “If you have the ability to convince somebody of something that you don’t necessarily think is the case, it’s a valuable asset. Not that I’m, like, a pathological liar, but we spend most of the day not fully being honest, you know?” – Leonardo DiCaprio
13. “My career should adapt to me. Fame is like a VIP pass wherever you want to go.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
14. “I don’t think anyone really gets used to being recognized around the world. It kind of feels like a videogame at times, especially with paparazzi and people following you and things of that nature. But it’s part of who I am now.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
15. “The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and actually get paid for it…It’s a great outlet. I’m not really sure who I am – it seems I change every day.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
16. “I realise that I do not change the course of history. I am an actor, I do a movie, that’s the end of it. You have to realise we are just clowns for hire. After I had success it was great, at first, not to worry about money. It was on my mind when I was growing up.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
17. “I have learned from my experiences in this industry that there is absolutely no way to control people’s opinions on your performance in your movie. You go out there, promote your film and hope people like the work you did.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
18. “I grew up when I was 15 when I had my first opportunity in movies. I watched every great movie for a year and a half, and since then I’ve asked myself how I can emulate such artistry. That’s really my motivation. I want to do something as good as my heroes have done.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
19. “Money was always on my mind when I was growing up. So I was always wondering how we were going to afford this and that. Acting seemed to be a shortcut out of the mess.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
20. “I’ve never done drugs. That’s because I saw this stuff literally every day when I was 3 or 4 years old.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
21. “If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
22. “I don’t ask other actors questions. I think that’s too intrusive. I just watch. I don’t want to be constricted to an idea of what acting is by anyone else. I want to take my own education.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
23. “My mother is a walking miracle.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
24. “I love being immersed in nature, going to places in the world that are pristine and untouched by man. It’s almost a religious experience when you go to a place like the Amazon, and there’s no civilisation for thousands of miles.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
25. “I don’t think I ever expected anything like an Oscar ever, to tell you the truth. That is not my motivation when I do these roles. I really am motivated by being able to work with great people and create a body of work that I can look back and be proud of.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
26. “Considering all that’s happened in my life, I feel like I’m a pretty levelheaded person that has remained happy and not let my shortcomings overtake the better part of me. I’m fulfilling the things I wanted to fulfill, and I’m still sane.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
27. “I am trying to do the best work I possibly can and making movies that will have resonance for years to come. I think if you try for an Oscar or a goal like that, the more people are going to see it as transparent. It’s not on my radar. If it happens, great, but I’m happy to continue working as I am, really.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
28. “The good thing about acting is that it always keeps you on your toes…It’s not like any other job where you can go in and do the same thing as yesterday.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
29. “I just really love doing what I do. I know every career is fleeting and there will be time periods when I don’t get the opportunities that I’m getting right now, so I am taking advantage of them.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
30. “It’s easy to fall into the trap of believing all the hype that’s written about you…Who knows? In a couple of years, you might find me in the loony bin!” – Leonardo DiCaprio
31. “I really don’t know what I’m doing… I don’t. It’s terrible. I go in there and I learn how to be like the character and do the best I can, and that’s all I really do.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
32. “I’ve managed to keep a clear head and remain sane in this business because I remain a kid off-camera.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
33. “I’m just starting to scratch the surface of what really makes me happy and it’s taken me a while to admit that acting like a little child and being a jerk and a punk is fun.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
34. “I play fictitious characters often solving fictitious problems. I believe mankind has looked at climate change in the same way, as if it were a fiction.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
35. “I can remember getting rejected systematically by casting directors as a young kid. I felt like the biggest outsider there ever was; that I’d never belong in that club.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
36. “Hopefully I’ve gotten better as an actor as the years have gone on, but the type of work I want to do has never changed.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
37. “When I started acting, I didn’t think of it as a career. I always thought Hollywood was this magical world where a fairy came down and said, ‘Come live with the Munchkins; you are now one of us.’ I didn’t understand the concept of it as a career. I thought I would save up enough money to go to college.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
38. “Hollywood is a very volatile place where artists come in, and they essentially say they want to belong. It’s incredibly vulnerable to be an actor and also get criticism at a young age when you’re formulating who you are. We’ve seen a lot of people fall victim to that, and it’s very unfortunate.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
39. “Be thankful for the hard times, for they have made you.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
40. “Pay close attention to people who don’t clap when you win.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
41. “A wrong connection will give you shock throughout your life, but the right one will light up your life.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
42. “Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
43. “I want to be a jerk like the rest of my friends, and have fun, and not care about the consequences, but I just can’t now.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
44. “Don’t think for a moment that I’m really like any of the characters I’ve played. I’m not. That’s why it’s called ‘acting’.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
45. “If you have done the very best you can worrying won’t make it any better. if you want to be successful, respect one rule.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
46. “Thirty is a very good age for an actor: you can play both young and old men.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
47. “I get a friend to travel with me…I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It’s hard to be alone.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
48. “I’ve always been spontaneous and outgoing…I’ve tried lots of things so I’ve got some good life experiences, which is great ’cause it means I’ve got lots of material to work with as an actor.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
49. “Everywhere I go, somebody is staring at me, I don’t know if people are staring because they recognize me or because they think I’m a weirdo.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
50. “I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
51. “When I was young, I used to have this thing where I wanted to see everything. I used to think, ‘How can I die without seeing every inch of this world?’” – Leonardo DiCaprio
52. “Most of the time I do feel like I need someone else when I’m alone. But I can still get by with just my own company and that makes me a stronger person.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
53. “Enough is enough. The truth is our planet’s alarm is now going off and it’s time to wake up and take action.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
54. “Pain is temporary, film is forever.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
55. “I’ve never been Romeo who meets a girl and falls for her immediately. It’s been a much slower process for me each time I’ve gone into a relationship.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
56. “I don’t see why I can’t have friends of both sexes without wild rumors being circulated. It’s crazy.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
57. “Why Worry?” – Leonardo DiCaprio
58. “We are all shaped from memories we have as young people.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
59. “I’m really moved by all the people on the internet demanding that i should win an Oscar. but to be honest, I only do this job because i love it, not to win prizes.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
60. “People want you to be a crazy, out-of-control teen brat. They want you miserable, just like them. They don’t want heroes; what they want is to see you fall.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
61. “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
62. “When you develop an infatuation for someone you always find a reason to believe that this is exactly the person for you. It doesn’t need to be a good reason. Taking photographs of the night sky, for example. Now, in the long run, that’s just the kind of dumb, irritating habit that would cause you to split up. But in the haze of infatuation, it’s just what you’ve been searching for all these years.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
63. “The last thing I want to turn into is a fat Hollywood jerk. I was brought up without much money and I was happy. I don’t think that I will strive for money or success and end up greedy or big-headed. That only leads to unhappiness. I can still be down-to-earth and do this job as long as I enjoy it.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
64. “Love at first sight? I absolutely believe in it! You’ve got to keep the faith. Who doesn’t like the idea that you could see someone tomorrow and she could be the love of your life? It’s very romantic.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
65. “When I grew up, I lived in the ghettos of Hollywood; it was the most disgusting place to be. I was known as the crazy little kid. I did impressions. Then I realized that’s not what I want to do. I don’t want to be a comedian to please other people.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
66. “We only get one planet. Humankind must become accountable on a massive scale for the wanton destruction of our collective home. Protecting our future on this planet depends on the conscious evolution of our species.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
67. “Climate change is real. It is happening right now, it is the most urgent threat facing our entire species and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
Did you find these Leonardo DiCaprio Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Leonardo DiCaprio quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
57 Best The Matrix Quotes That Will Wake You Up
Looking for the best quotes from The Matrix movie? Then look no further. The movie, starring Keanu Reeves as Thomas...
101 Tim Ferriss Quotes That Will Make You Successful
If you’re looking for the best collection of Tim Ferriss quotes then look no further. Tim Ferriss is an American...
101 Hal Elrod Quotes To Make Each Day A Miracle
If you’re looking for the best collection of Hal Elrod quotes then look no further. Hal Elrod is one of...
77 Best Donald Trump Quotes On Business & Success
If you’re looking for the best collection of Donald Trump quotes on business and success then you’re at the right...
77 Famous Voltaire Quotes That Will Enlighten You
If you’re looking for the best collection of Voltaire quotes then look no further. François-Marie Arouet, known by his pen...