Looking for the best Jennifer Lopez quotes? Then look no further.
Jennifer Lopez is one of the most powerful women in the world and really requires no introduction.
In fact in 2012, Forbes ranked her as the most powerful celebrity in the world, as well as the 38th most powerful woman in the world. In 2018, Time listed her among the 100 most influential people in the world.
The talented Latin actress, dancer and singer is a true triple threat and has achieved great success in all that she has done. She has been one of highest paid actresses in Hollywood and has sold over 80 million records.
Not content with her fame and success in the entertainment business, J Lo also has other ventures that include clothing lines, fragrances, a production company, and a charitable foundation. Her estimated net worth is $320 million.
What I highly respect about Jennifer Lopez is her dedication and hard work. As you’ll see from the Jennifer Lopez quotes below, she embodies hard work and self-love to be successful.
67 Inspirational Jennifer Lopez Quotes
1. “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez
2. “The bear is what we all wrestle with. Everybody has their bear in life. It’s about conquering that bear and letting him go.” – Jennifer Lopez
3. “You get what you give. What you put into things is what you get out of them.” – Jennifer Lopez
4. “You mirror what the world mirrors to you.” – Jennifer Lopez
5. “Confidence – It all has to do with how you feel about yourself – it’s about projecting the attitude, I’m happy with who I am.” – Jennifer Lopez
6. “When I am wrong, I will learn the lesson and move on to face other challenges. For me, that’s what creating your own life is. Doing your best work while being your best self.” – Jennifer Lopez
7. “Sometimes you have to explore the darkness to get to the light and get back to who you are.” – Jennifer Lopez
8. “It’s the messy parts that make us human, so we should embrace them too — pat ourselves on the back for getting through them rather than being angry for having gotten into them in the first place.” – Jennifer Lopez
9. “When I first started on television, people, and even my own manager at the time, would tell me I had to make all of these changes. But you have to stand up and say, ‘There’s nothing wrong with me or my shape or who I am; you’re the one with the problem!’ And when you can really believe that, all of a sudden other people start believing, too.” – Jennifer Lopez
10. “Once you have a lot of success, you become a target in many ways.” – Jennifer Lopez
11. “If you don’t love yourself, you can’t love anybody else. And I think as women we really forget that.” – Jennifer Lopez (one of the best Jennifer Lopez quotes about love)
12. “I’ve learned something about kids – they don’t do what you say; they do what you do.” – Jennifer Lopez
13. “I have to work, for my soul.” – Jennifer Lopez
14. “I have my own high standards for what I want in a partner and how I want to be treated. I bring a lot to the table. I’m not talking about material things but what I have to offer as a person – love and loyalty and all the things that make a good relationship.” – Jennifer Lopez
15. “You’ve got to love yourself first. You’ve got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.” – Jennifer Lopez
16. “I always joke about letting the haters motivate you. Everybody has that in their life, people who doubt them or make them feel less than they are. It just takes faith and belief in yourself, and you’ve got to dig deep into that. That has to come from you – nobody’s going to give you that.” – Jennifer Lopez
17. “I love to eat everything and you pretty much can – a little piece of something fattening is not going to kill you. It’s when you eat the whole box that it’s going to kill you.” – Jennifer Lopez
18. “I only do what my gut tells me to. I think it’s smart to listen to other people’s advice, but at the end of the day, you’re the only one who can tell you what’s right for you.” – Jennifer Lopez
19. “Some people are naturally thin, and some are heavier. There is a lot of focus on it, and it can be a lot of pressure for people. But honestly, I think as long as someone is healthy, that is most important.” – Jennifer Lopez
20. “I just knew that was what I wanted to do. I was going to perform as a singer; I was going to perform as a dancer, and I was, you know, going to do movies and be an actress. I was going to do it or die trying. That’s what my life was.” – Jennifer Lopez
21. “You can’t take life for granted.” – Jennifer Lopez
22. “It’s a shame to call somebody a ‘diva’ simply because they work harder than everybody else.” – Jennifer Lopez
23. “I watched my parents. My dad worked nights, and I was aware of how much he was doing for us. My mom was a Tupperware lady and also worked at the school. I always felt that I couldn’t let them down. And I had a natural discipline from early on. I was always training for something.” – Jennifer Lopez
24. “I think a lot about teaching my kids to work hard.” – Jennifer Lopez
25. “As you get older and as you experience and go through different things you realize you have to set boundaries. You have to for your life. You have to say this is OK and this is not OK. This is what I do for a living and this is my life. It’s the only one I get and so I have to set boundaries.” – Jennifer Lopez
26. “The best partner you can have is someone who makes you want to be the best form of yourself.” – Jennifer Lopez
27. “Don’t push your weaknesses, play with your strengths.” – Jennifer Lopez
28. “Things don’t always turn out exactly the way you want them to be and you feel disappointed. You are not always going to be the winner. That’s when you have to stop and figure out why things happened the way they did and what you can do to change them.” – Jennifer Lopez
29. “Your friend mourns your losses with you because they experience them too. The truth is, no matter how lonely you might feel, you’re never going through anything alone, you can choose your family.” – Jennifer Lopez
30. “With hard work, living a good life, you can do anything. You will be rewarded for that.” – Jennifer Lopez
31. “There’s no way in the world that just because women turn 40 they’re anything less than amazing. That’s crazy. If anything, you’re even more amazing!” – Jennifer Lopez
32. “You’ve gotta do things that make you happy. As women, we tend to give away a lot. We take care of a lot of people, and we can’t forget to take care of ourselves, if that means once a week you’re going to go off without the kids or without anybody and just go shoe shopping or get a facial even if your sister thinks that’s selfish, you’ve just got to do it.” – Jennifer Lopez
33. “Ultimately, we can never change someone else’s behavior—we can only change our own.” – Jennifer Lopez
34. “Life’s too short to live the same day twice.” – Jennifer Lopez
35. “Integrity is your own gauge of what is right for you. Integrity is not a stand-alone concept.” – Jennifer Lopez
36. “Always remember, you will live, you will love, you will dance again.” – Jennifer Lopez
37. “The truth is, nobody knows what’s best for you better than you do. You have to really sit still and ask yourself: What do I want? Does this feel right? What should I do? I realized I had to go back and do what I had always done. Listening to my gut was just as important as listening to the advice of others, and only I knew what was best for me.” – Jennifer Lopez
38. “What you need to know is, nobody can save you or heal you. Only you can do that for you.” – Jennifer Lopez
39. “You have to remember the value of your individuality – that you have something special and different to offer that nobody else can.” – Jennifer Lopez (one of the most powerful Jennifer Lopez quotes)
40. “There is a force in the world and an energy that you can put out, and when you put out love it comes back to you. I think that’s my basic philosophy.” – Jennifer Lopez
41. “Whenever it feels uncomfortable to tell the truth, that’s often the most important time to tell it.” – Jennifer Lopez
42. “Because you can’t expect to be treated great if you don’t first believe that you are great.” – Jennifer Lopez
43. “In the end, the truth finds a way to surface, even if you don’t want it to.” – Jennifer Lopez
44. “You have to take care of yourself, your body, your mind, take care of your soul—be your own keeper.” – Jennifer Lopez
45. “There is a love like no other. A love that requires no conditions. A love that can’t be explained or learned. It’s a love that gives you a greater purpose. It’s a love that can set the rest of your world aside.” – Jennifer Lopez
46. “I had found that taking risks, being true to myself, and making decisions with good intentions can exceed even my own expectations.” – Jennifer Lopez
47. “Your power is in your individuality, in being exactly who you are.” – Jennifer Lopez
48. “The truth is nobody knows what’s inside of you. Only you know what’s inside of you!” – Jennifer Lopez
49. “You only really learn in this world from the mistakes you make, from the hard times. From going through difficult periods. That’s when you grow.” – Jennifer Lopez
50. “Always follow your heart. Sometimes it’s gonna hurt – but you’re going to be fine.” – Jennifer Lopez
51. “No matter where I go I know where I came from.” – Jennifer Lopez
52. “You have got to love yourself first. You have got to be OK on your own before you can be OK with somebody else. You have got to value yourself and know that you are worth everything.” – Jennifer Lopez
53. “You have to fight for the things you want.” – Jennifer Lopez
54. “It’s important for all types of women to know that you don’t have to fit a prototype of what one person thinks is beautiful in order to be beautiful or feel beautiful… People think, Sexy, big breasts, curvy body, no cellulite. It’s not that. Take the girl at the beach with the cellulite legs, wearing her bathing suit the way she likes it, walking with a certain air, comfortable with herself. That woman is sexy. Then you see the perfect girl who’s really thin, tugging at her bathing suit, wondering how her hair looks. That’s not sexy.” – Jennifer Lopez
55. “Until you value yourself enough and love yourself enough to know that, you can’t really have a healthy relationship.” – Jennifer Lopez
56. “I love what I do. I have an insatiable appetite for creating things and wanting to get better at what I do and always growing and never stopping. I don’t know. It’s something I was born with. It’s definitely a drive. It’s a passion, and it’s driven for a love for what I do.” – Jennifer Lopez
57. “Beauty is only skin deep. I think what’s really important is finding a balance of mind, body and spirit. Someone said to me not too long ago, “Until you’re twenty, you have the face you are born with, and after that you have the face you deserve”, and I really loved that – the idea that you wear who you are on your face.” – Jennifer Lopez
58. “My mom always told me that if you work hard, you can achieve anything. And it’s true. It’s one of the truest things ever.” – Jennifer Lopez
59. “We as human beings do this thing where we stuff down our feelings until they find a way to manifest themselves. We try to avoid them until there’s no more room and they come bubbling up like a pot of boiling-hot water that overflows. And when it does, it burns.” – Jennifer Lopez
60. “When you’re younger, you don’t realize you have limitations and that you are the one who has to take care of yourself. Nobody else is going to do it for you. And so, with all of that time, maturity and realizations, I’m in a much better place to be the best that I’ve ever been and to continue growing as a person and as an artist.” – Jennifer Lopez
61. “I know it’s hard for women to tap into that feeling of self-worth. We need to get the message out that you are valued, you are a goddess and don’t forget that.” – Jennifer Lopez
62. “It was easy to blame other people for treating me in ways I didn’t like, but now I was seeing that I was the one at fault. The only way you can be mistreated is by allowing yourself to be mistreated, and that was something I did over and over again. Somehow, I needed to find that glimmer of self-respect, buried deep inside, that would allow me to say: I am never going to let that happen to me again. I needed to learn how to stand up for myself in a different way, but I didn’t know how.” – Jennifer Lopez (one of my favourite Jennifer Lopez quotes and important lessons)
63. “I just never really gave myself any credit. And because of that, nobody else did either. You mirror what the world mirrors to you.” – Jennifer Lopez
64. “You can’t let the fear of what people might say or think stop you from doing what you want to do or else we would never do anything.” – Jennifer Lopez
65. “I’m not stupid. I would like to have some businesses that grow so I won’t have to be out there on the road when I’m 44.” – Jennifer Lopez
66. “When it’s easy, it’s great. But when something bad happens is when you really learn. It causes self-examination, it causes you to take a look at yourself. You naturally start analyzing. It’s not that you’re wrong; it’s that sometimes you just need to make adjustments.” – Jennifer Lopez
67. “I’m very into positive thinking. The minute I feel nervousness or anxiety or fear, I go, ‘No, no, that’s not a thought that I need to have right now. Everything’s great, everything’s good, you’re going to be fine.'” – Jennifer Lopez
Did you find these quotes by Jennifer Lopez inspiring?
What are your favourite Jennifer Lopez quotes? Let me know in the comments and please share this post to help and inspire others.
67 Benjamin Disraeli Quotes To Be Successful
If you’re looking for the best Benjamin Disraeli Quotes then look no further. Benjamin Disraeli was a British politician of...
55 Famous R. Buckminster Fuller Quotes
Looking for the best R. Buckminster Fuller quotes? Then look no further. Richard Buckminster Fuller was an American architect, systems...
40 Alfred Adler Quotes That Will Make You Reflect
If you’re looking for the best Alfred Adler quotes then look no further. Alfred Adler was an Austrian medical doctor,...
55 Best The Wolf Of Wall Street Quotes
Looking for the best quotes from The Wolf of Wall Street? Then look no further. The Wolf of Wall Street...
67 Famous Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
If you’re looking for the best Theodore Roosevelt quotes then look no further. Theodore Roosevelt is remembered as one of...