Evan Spiegel is the co-founder and CEO of Snap Inc. In 2015, at the age of 25 he became the youngest billionaire thanks to the success of Snapchat.
As of 2018 he has an estimated net worth of $1.6 billion.
Spiegel created Snapchat with Bobby Murphy and Reggie Brown while they were students at Stanford University. He famously rejected a $3 billion offer from Mark Zuckerberg to buy Snap Inc and is seen as one of the most innovative product thinkers around.
Below I’ve put together a collection of 21 insightful Evan Spiegel quotes about business and success. Enjoy!
Evan Spiegel Quotes About Business & Success
1. “It’s not about working harder; it’s about working the system.” – Evan Spiegel
2. “Technology businesses in general are susceptible to hacking. That’s why you have to work really, really, really hard with law enforcement, with security experts, internal and external groups, to make sure you’re paying attention and addressing security concerns.” – Evan Spiegel
3. “I am a young, white, educated male. I got really, really lucky. And life isn’t fair.” – Evan Spiegel
4. “I don’t want to disrupt anything. We never conceive of our products as disruptive – we don’t look at something and say, ‘Let’s disrupt that.’ It’s always about how we can evolve this and make this better.” – Evan Spiegel
5. “I’d like to create a space for people who have a lot of talent but not a lot of reach.” – Evan Spiegel
6. “I think, with any new product that’s difficult to understand, there are always lots of questions and criticism. I think we have all the right criticism. We’re just going to keep executing on what we believe.” – Evan Spiegel
7. “People are going to copy your product if you build great stuff. Just because Yahoo has a search box doesn’t make it Google.” – Evan Spiegel
8. “It’s important to be thoughtful and mindful about the things you say to other people.” – Evan Spiegel
9. “I’m not a great manager; I try to be a great leader. And for me, that’s been going through a process of not how to be a great CEO but how to be a great Evan, and that’s really been the challenge.” – Evan Spiegel
10. “I think diversity is a challenge everywhere.” – Evan Spiegel
11. “I just try really hard to be me, and sometimes that means I’m unfiltered. I try to give people myself because I think making a great product is being in touch with how you feel about things and being able to express things. I really hope I can stay in touch with how I feel about things and I’m able to express that.” – Evan Spiegel
12. “Someone will always have an opinion about you. Whatever you do won’t ever be enough. So find something important to you. Find something that you love.” – Evan Spiegel
13. On not giving up before Snapchat: “We would experiment and fail. We must have attempted nearly 34 projects.” – Evan Spiegel
14. “When we’re in that kind of childish space, we’re more genuine and feel more comfortable with our friends.” – Evan Spiegel
15. “In times of despair, you may believe the cynic who tells you that one person cannot make difference – and there are times it may be hard to see your own impact. I beg you to remember that it is not possible at this time or any time to know the end results of our efforts.” – Evan Spiegel
16. “We do all sorts of silly things to avoid appearing different.” – Evan Spiegel
17. “Conforming happens so naturally that we can forget how powerful it is – we want to be accepted by our peers – we want to be a part of the group. It’s in our biology. But the things that make us human are those times we listen to the whispers of our soul and allow ourselves to be pulled in another direction.” – Evan Spiegel
18. “There are very few people in the world who get to build a business like this. I think trading that for some short-term gain isn’t very interesting.” – Evan Spiegel
19. “One of the saddest things that happens with creativity…I think sometimes it isn’t expressed because of fear. Everyone is born very, very, very creative, but at some point it can be scary to try to do something new, that feels different.” – Evan Spiegel
20. “Don’t feel bad if you sell out. Just don’t stop there. Find something you aren’t willing to sell.” – Evan Spiegel
21. “When we face uncertainty, we encourage everyone to press forward and believe in the values of the product.” – Evan Spiegel
Did you find these Evan Spiegel Quotes inspiring?
If you liked these Evan Spiegel quotes then please share this post to help inspire others.
67 Benjamin Disraeli Quotes To Be Successful
If you’re looking for the best Benjamin Disraeli Quotes then look no further. Benjamin Disraeli was a British politician of...
55 Famous R. Buckminster Fuller Quotes
Looking for the best R. Buckminster Fuller quotes? Then look no further. Richard Buckminster Fuller was an American architect, systems...
40 Alfred Adler Quotes That Will Make You Reflect
If you’re looking for the best Alfred Adler quotes then look no further. Alfred Adler was an Austrian medical doctor,...
55 Best The Wolf Of Wall Street Quotes
Looking for the best quotes from The Wolf of Wall Street? Then look no further. The Wolf of Wall Street...
67 Famous Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
If you’re looking for the best Theodore Roosevelt quotes then look no further. Theodore Roosevelt is remembered as one of...